PDA

View Full Version : Money tips needed.

Juha76
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
So it`s the sad old story: No money!

I`m gona go kill baal and i have no money left. I got full army but this fight is gona take lot of my army. How can i get enough money to get my army full again? I`m lvl24 fighter and i have preaty much cleaned every mob there is.

I have sold all my spare gears and scrolls, so thats not gona help.

I`m screwed?

Writhan
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
This is the definition of game over :)

aaaaa
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Level 24 means that you didn't get enough XP from battle with mobs. If you finished off most of the enemy mobs and quests, you should be 27 level at least as warrior. You must have skipped some region altogether.

I think that this game is quite well balanced and polished in terms of money spent and money earned on each region and difficulty. So if you waste money without much consideration, you will run into gold shortage soon. I guess that you have divorced with too much wives :). Divorce cost 20% of your fortune. Not so cheap. Monogamy pays.

If you really finished of all the mobs/quests in the world and no mob (and money to earn) is left, that is when using *cheat* is justified.

Zhuangzi
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, I'm level 27 and I'm just up to Haas' Labyrinth (for the second time :rolleyes:) so level 24 is a bit low. Have you cleaned out the land of dead, and things like all the pirate ships in the Freedom Isles?

I think you have fallen into the trap of just going up and whacking the enemy. Even as a Warrior, this is not recommended. You need to bait the enemy more with cannon fodder/summoned troops.

As a counterexample, I am playing as a Hard Mage for my second game, and I have about 900,000 gold now. :cool: But I still have to kill the 7 manifestations of Haas.

My only suggestion: if you get yourself killed King Mark gives you money to rebuild your forces and a really lame stack. Is there anything stopping you from deliberately letting yourself die several times (without buying anything) to make enough cash to get going again? Anyone tried this? :grin:

Writhan
10-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I think it works, by spam killing yourself.

Although I'm pretty sure it has a heavy price on your final score upon completion.

Juha76
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
My bad. I was lvl26 and now i`m lvl28. I killed baal and only 2 haas dragons needs to be killed. I got to orch land, but its too hard when i dont have money. Well its no real problem, only a game they say :grin:

I played Kings bounty like i play heroes and that was my mistake.
Gona start new game and learn from my mistakes.

kennec
10-14-2008, 03:31 PM
try on impossible.

then u will learn to conserve troops. when u cant advance more in that game go back to hard or norma.

cheers

Handel
11-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I play my 1st game as mage on normal. Cleared the demon lands and still no resurection spell found so every death counts. And have 2 reserve slots actived. So I bought lots of swordsmen and royal snakes and put them in the reserve slots. Then take most of the initial hits and are wasted quickly but they are cheap and expendable.

Smash
11-30-2008, 02:09 PM
If you play with barely no losses you will have no problem in this game with gold but otherwise you will start starving very fast and there is no way to get infinite gold income (well i am not sure if king mark give you infinite times gold every time you die).

ender
11-30-2008, 05:03 PM
you can get infinite gold. is boring, but works.

You can get gold with marauder and gift or phantom image spell.
Upgrade or supress an item and leave 1-2 friendly gremlins as a troop source, Kill those troops and loot. Recharge mana with green dragons, chargers.

In 30 minutes you can get ~1 000 000 gold.
In demonis you will get more gold (2000-18000 gold/use of marauder skill) than in other areas (demonis have a 95 dificulty)

Other option (without upgrade items) is with summon thorns and red dragons fire ability, or trap spell to kill thorns in a normal combat. I think it works with demon portal too, phoenix, demons.

YENKO
11-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Where are those 'friendly' gremlins i keep hearing about? When I upgrade/supress an item, there are only bad gremlins in their little towers performing nasty magic?:grin:

Keneth
11-30-2008, 11:50 PM
There are two types of gremlins, namely evil gremlins and friendly gremlins. Evil gremlins mostly cast debuffs and attack spells whereas friendly gremlins cast buffs and summon units.