PDA

View Full Version : Exactly what modding is possible?

Jinix the Elder
10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I am used to 'modding' with the TESCS editors for Oblivion and Morrowind and have greater enjoyment modding then killing assorted enemies and fulfilling endless quests. (Altho' I do, of course, enjoy that too!)

I have found that by building my 'own' world with the basics of the generic game, I can create characters, weapons, spells, situations and environments etc., not thought of in the original game and populating it with people (NPCs) that can be scripted to 'think' on their own and then playing the mod and watching the results of my creations is awesome.

How do I begin to 'mod' my own worlds with King's Bounty? Where is the most important (for me) editor?

King's Bounty with it's cute little playtoy buildings and assorted colorful characters and items is a game that should definately have an editor that everyone can have fun with.

How to change textures or script battles etc., are there 3 party 'tools' to do that with?

rhomboidspace
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I am used to 'modding' with the TESCS editors for Oblivion and Morrowind and have greater enjoyment modding then killing assorted enemies and fulfilling endless quests. (Altho' I do, of course, enjoy that too!)

I have found that by building my 'own' world with the basics of the generic game, I can create characters, weapons, spells, situations and environments etc., not thought of in the original game and populating it with people (NPCs) that can be scripted to 'think' on their own and then playing the mod and watching the results of my creations is awesome.

How do I begin to 'mod' my own worlds with King's Bounty? Where is the most important (for me) editor?

King's Bounty with it's cute little playtoy buildings and assorted colorful characters and items is a game that should definately have an editor that everyone can have fun with.

How to change textures or script battles etc., are there 3 party 'tools' to do that with?

preaty much any of the resources that already exist in the game, can be altered, but nothing can be added tp the game. Modding KB is more like hacking the game, the game designers just made it a bit easier with the way they set up the data system. Although i wouldn't be surprized if an editor is released in the future, because many of the data files have editor ID's which means there might be one currently in use, just not complete enough to release to the public.

bman654
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah it would be great if they could release their internal editor.

MAXIMVS
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
The problem is that most 'internal editors' are not at all user friendly! :(