PDA

View Full Version : Items Morale

speed
10-11-2008, 08:38 AM
i'm quite confused in this item morale thingy .

The item decrease its morale when ya fight its own race ?

Which means if the item race is Orc , after i fight a battle with orcs , that item morale will drop ?

Correct mi if i'm wrong ..

Ball Buster
10-11-2008, 12:04 PM
According to what I know and what I saw in the game, I think if your army is mostly made by creatures of the object's race (in your case, orcs, in one of my weapons, dwarves), ie 3 units, the morale will go up. In other case, the morale will go down.

vastgirth
10-11-2008, 12:38 PM
The way i think it works it that the item's morale goes down by one each combat. But for each enemy stack killed by that items preffered troup it goes up by one. So if you never use the preffered unit you will end up with 0 morale quite quickly...

Thats' what seems to be happening in my experience anyway. Definately not 100% sure about this though so could be wrong.

taltamir
12-11-2008, 10:11 PM
it varies by item... some items just always drop X morale per battle, requiring suppression every Y battles to use.

Some items will have more exotic rules. For example a certain hammer of something will gain 2 morale if your entire army is dwarfs? (it said gnomes but it was a very bad babblefish translation form russian manual)., gain 1 if at least one of your units is a dwarf, lost 5 if you have dwarfs fighting dwarfts, or lost 10 if you don't have any dwarfs and fight dwarfs...

Others merely check to see if you have, or don't have, memebers of the race in your army.

taltamir
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
here is the info for a few more items:

"Snake ring": +1 int.
Starting morale: 50
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 5 if there is snakes in enemy army
When morale reaches 100 ring turns to "Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison damage to all snakes

"Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 10 if there is snakes in enemy army

"Treatise of tactics" +10% exp (part of "general set")
never increases morale
decreasing by 3 if you have less than 5 might runes

"Steam armor" +30% attack +30% defense (calculating from base value) -1 speed
never increases morale
decreasing by 5 after every fight

"Wizard mantle" +20 mana +30% magic resistance (gives absolute resistance resistance (not 30% from base resistance))
Increasing by 6 for 6 magic crystals
Decreasing by -CkassK*IntK where
ClassK=1 (mage), 2 (paladin), 3 (warrior)
IntK = 3 (intellect<10), 2 (intellect<20), 1 (intellect>=20)

"Ogre club" +4 attack, +20% attack for ogres and giants
Starting morale=45
never increases morale
Decreasing by 2 after every fight

"Sword of balance" +5 attack (at morale 100 upgrades to "Sword of light", at morale 0 upgrades to "sword of darkness")
Starting morale=50
Increasing by 5 if there was undead or demons in enemy army
Decreasing by 5 if there was humans or elves in enemy army