PDA

View Full Version : Finding the skelton's head mission

laurenzo1532
10-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Does anybody know where to find the skelton's head? I've looked everywhere...thanks

ALLiED
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Far corner near some trees/shrubs when you first enter the castle.

laurenzo1532
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I searched exery inch of the castle...i searched the skeleton in the bushes like you said but there was nothing on him. Is it maybe a glitch? You are talking about the castle that the headless skeleton is in right?

Marlowe
10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
There is a standalone skull on the floor towards the back of the deserted castle, the same one the skeleton is in. It's hard to see--I went over the place thoroughly, or so I thought, at least 3-4 times before I found it.

speed
10-10-2008, 03:37 PM
its funny , i found the head , returned the head , and it ask mi to travel down the passage way to turn the fire on the wall for a secret room .

I found the fire , and the cursor turned to grap something but I clicked on the fire like 500 times and nothing happens .....

Namel
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
its funny , i found the head , returned the head , and it ask mi to travel down the passage way to turn the fire on the wall for a secret room .

I found the fire , and the cursor turned to grap something but I clicked on the fire like 500 times and nothing happens .....

If you mean torch near portal to downstairs that is wrong one. If I remember correctly right one is when you walk from skele towards throne room it is in very short corridor to left.

speed
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
oh got it . haha thanks , my fault .

well , only got a +52 leadership banner . haha .

LILI
10-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Actually, when reading the various posts above, I thought I had to search for the head somewhere in the bush OUTSIDE the Castle...!!! (ex.: reference to teh back of teh castle). An indoor garden is not really a bush...

Well, for clarifying, here is exactly how/where to find the head
1- Enter the castle
2- go to the corridor on your right (the corridor opposite to the headless squeleton)
3- at the end of the corridor, you go through the indoor garden. There is a squeleton in it but won't give you his (her?) head...
4- when in the indoor garden, proceed to the left (actually, you just continue your way in the same corridor. The head is outside of the indoor garden)
5- as soon as you reach the T junction with another corridor, the indoor garden being in your back, ... on the floor in front of you, right after the corner on your left, the head is there ... a little grey point if you use high resolution!...

5h1nj1
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I happen to have a problem with this quest and wonder if someone could help me.
I got the quest from the skeleton and I have found the head. However I can't pick it up since it is stuck in one of the tree roots emerging from the walls of the old castle. It is obviously a bug. It really annoys me because I have this quest now in the quest list as unfinished and it takes up space and really makes me mad. :D Is there a way to get rid of it, please?

LiveInABox
10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I happen to have a problem with this quest and wonder if someone could help me.
I got the quest from the skeleton and I have found the head. However I can't pick it up since it is stuck in one of the tree roots emerging from the walls of the old castle. It is obviously a bug. It really annoys me because I have this quest now in the quest list as unfinished and it takes up space and really makes me mad. :D Is there a way to get rid of it, please?

I know this is gonna sound dumb but have u tried rotating the camera as much as u can, especially directly overhead? ive had a few like that..

i think i found the head in a corridor..

5h1nj1
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I know this is gonna sound dumb but have u tried rotating the camera as much as u can, especially directly overhead? ive had a few like that..
i think i found the head in a corridor..
I have fiddled with various camera angles and zoom for about half an hour there. It really made me mad that I will have an unfinishable quest in my quest log for the whole rest of the game, so I really tried. No luck.
Btw, the head is placed randomly in the castle. Every time you start a new game, it will be elsewhere. But of course, I don't want to start a new game, since I am quite far already. :evil:

LILI
10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Try to upload a saved game somewhere: we can try to see if our version (1.64, 16b7...) or style makes a difference in picking up this head

... however, i recall having experienced teh same issue with a might rune somewhere in an underground ; impossible to access...

5h1nj1
10-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for this offer but I'd rather do this another way. Exchanging my save between various versions seems risky to me. Even if it helps (which I doubt) it could break something else.
I was hoping for something like a mod or maybe a cheat to finish this particular mission.

Wildrose
10-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, I suffer from short term memory loss... (don't laugh, its true! ok, its kind of funny) but I have this quest in my quest log and now I can not find where the stupid castle is at... I thought this was in Verlon Forest but I can't find it, help please?

Marlowe
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes, it's in Verlon Forest. After zoning in from Greenwort, just follow the road staight past the crossroads a short way and it will be on your right.

Wildrose
10-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Yes, it's in Verlon Forest. After zoning in from Greenwort, just follow the road staight past the crossroads a short way and it will be on your right.

Great, thanks

Metathron
10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
So is the reward really a measly +52 leadership? Because I got the chest from the castle and I can't be bothered fighting the remaining armies inside if that is indeed the reward.

EDIT: I gave him his head back and got nothing. Go figure.

Kosiciel
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
He is telling about this secret entrance via using one of the torches...

Enarr
10-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Reward is random.

First time around, I got a banner and a chest with gold.
2nd playthru, I got a banner and a chest with 2 mind runes :)
________
Suzuki GS500F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GS500F)