PDA

View Full Version : Leadership and leveling

Hazimel
10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
The amount of leadership you can receive when gaining a new level is rising with the level you reach.

Below is the amount of leadership you can receive at each level.

So it is better to upgrade leadership latter in the game and start first upgrading attributes.

I am at level 8 , playing mage normal difficulty.
I think after level 15, it is better to upgrade leadership than attributes.

I don't think it is possible to reach level 15 without upgrading leadership, but I will try to upgrade my leadership as late as possible , when difficulty will be too high.

level Amount of leadership received
2 80
3 120
4 160
5 200
6 240
7 280
8 320
9 360
10 400
11 440
12 480
13 520
14 560
15 600
16 640
17 680
18 720
19 760
20 800
21 840
22 880
23 920
24 960
25 1000
26 1040
27 1080
28 1120
29 1160
30 1200

Tuplis
10-08-2008, 12:58 PM
You could have just posted the formula which is 40*lvl.

Paladin gets 50*lvl (100-1500), someone please post what a warrior gets so I don't have to bother playing a warrior to lvl 2 :)

If I had to guess I'd say a warrior gets 60*lvl.

Also, have you noticed that you only get to raise leadership on even levels unless you skip it in favor of a stat in which case you will be offered leadership on the next level and every two levels from that point on. So to max it out, you should probably start getting leadership on level 14 or 16.

kennec
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
yes. i play on impossible now. and i know endgame will be crazy hard so i am preparing as much as i can.

+1 defence or 80 leadership at lower lvls doesnt make any difference but taking leadership at low lvls insteed of attributes will make my character weaker.

if i have 17800 or 16900 leadership doesnt realy matter but the extra 10-12 points in defence will do.

as a mage i would get higher magic*3 asap with max concentration and as high intellect as possible. an advice would be not to be expert in one school but 2 or 3, couse endgame mobs are resistant to certain spells and damage types.

Enarr
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think it is possible to reach level 15 without upgrading leadership, but I will try to upgrade my leadership as late as possible , when difficulty will be too high.

Might be true for Warrior, but you can go attributes early on as Paly and Mage and do just fine on Hard/Impossible.
________
chevy specs (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/)

Namel
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Little math for fun. :)

If you get leadership every even level you get following amounts total:
Mage: 9600
Paladin: 12 000
Warrior: 14 400

I got no clue at all how much more you usually get from items, quests etc. But I am going to count that you get 5000 more than that as total. So 14 600, 17 000 and 19 400 leadership

Now 1 attack gives 3% more damage. Same 3% more damage you get by having 3% bigger stack. So 438, 510 or 582 leadership is what you need to do to gain equal amount of damage as 1 attack gives at end. Of course it is not nearly that simple. Bigger stack also gives some other benefits like more effective mind control for evil beholders, more hp so harder to kill whole stack etc. And of course bigger stack can use more money unless it's superior damage ends fights with less casualties.

But I would say that it is probably best to start taking leadership instead of attack at latest on level 10. Or maybe at 8.

I think attack is clearly better stat to have than defense since at least I try to be one hitting way more than one getting hit. And there is lot of slots to put defense items while attack is much harder to raise.

Int is really hard one. It raises direct spell damage about 10% for each point. But since I have not played past dwarves I got no clue how useful direct damage spells are at end and how much you instead use buff spells which gain more power bigger your stacks are.

Rage and mana are also very hard to estimate. You need certain amount to operate. One thing to remember is that you can get total 6 roasted rats by talking to dwarf miners. Those rats give +2 rage and +2 mana with cost of 50 leadership. So you can trade 300 leadership to 12 mana and 12 rage. Definetly good deal since even mage gets 320 leadership at level 8.

All this just to figure my own strategy for next game. :) I think I try taking leadership at level 8 and every level after that when it is offered. Level 8 also gets me leadership before pirate islands and one very soon in there.

Hazimel
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
There is something unclear for me.

I thought that if your attack is higher that enemy's defense , your damage is 300% but you tell me it is 10 % more damage for each attack point.
I thought that your the spell inflict 10 % more damage very 7 points of intelligence, not every single point.
At least, this is written in the official rules (but they may be wrong)

So I am confused.
Could someone explain what is the true calculation ?

Namel
10-08-2008, 03:28 PM
From Russian fan manual which I beleive to be accurate:

Интеллект героя.
Для атакующих заклинаний каждая единица Интеллекта увеличивает урон на 10% и еще на 10% увеличивается суммарный урон за каждые 7 единиц Интеллекта. Для большинства накладываемых длительность увеличивается на 1 раунд за каждые 15 единиц Интеллекта. Для заклинаний, накладывающих с некоторой вероятностью дополнительные эффекты (Горение, Шок, Заморозка и Отравление) вероятность такого эффекта увеличивается на 1% за каждую единицу Интеллекта.

Ok, I don't understand it either. However babelfish does. Here is translation:

Intellect of hero. For the attacking incantations each unit of intellect increases loss by 10% and total loss for every 7 units of intellect increases by 10% more. For the majority of those superimposed the duration increases by 1 round for every 15 units of intellect. For the incantations, which superimpose the additional effects (combustion, shock, frost and poisoning) with a certain probability the probability of this effect increases by 1% for each unit of intellect.

And for attack it says:

If the attack of essence is more than the protection of enemy, then loss rises several times (by 3,33% for the unit of the difference of attack and protection). For example, if attack on 15 units is more than protection, loss will grow 1,5; to 30- 2 times and so forth the loss cannot become more than 3 times greater than the base value of loss (difference of attack and protection in this case = 60).

Hazimel
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I am not sure to understand the Intellect part. What I undersand from your translation

I have a spell that deals 100 Damage with 0 intellect

It deals 110 Damge for 1 Intellect

it deals 160 Damage for 6 Intellect

it deals 170 + 10% x (170) = 187 for 7 Intellect

Is it correct ?

Namel
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I am not sure to understand the Intellect part. What I undersand from your translation

I have a spell that deals 100 Damage with 0 intellect

It deals 110 Damge for 1 Intellect

it deals 160 Damage for 6 Intellect

it deals 170 + 10% x (170) = 187 for 7 Intellect

Is it correct ?

I think it is. But for that exact info you better ask someone who actually understands russian. :)

Shd
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Translation (know russian very good, but can have problems with english :) ):

Intellect for hero.

For offensive spells every point of intellect increases your damage by 10% and for every 7 points of intelect summary damage is increased by additional 10%. For "duration" spells every 15 points of intellect increases spell duration by 1 round. For spells which have additional effects (like burning, shock, freezing and poisoning) with certain probability to be applied every point of intellect increases effect applying probability by 1%.

All except last sentence was in intellect description as i remember.

And "summary damage" means that 10 additional percent are calculated from damage which have applied 10% bonus for each intllect point:

dam=basedam*(1+0.1*int)*(1+0.1*floor(int/7))

Hazimel
10-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Great, thanks !

the official rules do need a patch !!

abdoi
12-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Little math for fun. :)

If you get leadership every even level you get following amounts total:
Mage: 9600
Paladin: 12 000
Warrior: 14 400

I got no clue at all how much more you usually get from items, quests etc. But I am going to count that you get 5000 more than that as total. So 14 600, 17 000 and 19 400 leadership

Now 1 attack gives 3% more damage. Same 3% more damage you get by having 3% bigger stack. So 438, 510 or 582 leadership is what you need to do to gain equal amount of damage as 1 attack gives at end. Of course it is not nearly that simple. Bigger stack also gives some other benefits like more effective mind control for evil beholders, more hp so harder to kill whole stack etc. And of course bigger stack can use more money unless it's superior damage ends fights with less casualties.

But I would say that it is probably best to start taking leadership instead of attack at latest on level 10. Or maybe at 8.

I think attack is clearly better stat to have than defense since at least I try to be one hitting way more than one getting hit. And there is lot of slots to put defense items while attack is much harder to raise.

Int is really hard one. It raises direct spell damage about 10% for each point. But since I have not played past dwarves I got no clue how useful direct damage spells are at end and how much you instead use buff spells which gain more power bigger your stacks are.

Rage and mana are also very hard to estimate. You need certain amount to operate. One thing to remember is that you can get total 6 roasted rats by talking to dwarf miners. Those rats give +2 rage and +2 mana with cost of 50 leadership. So you can trade 300 leadership to 12 mana and 12 rage. Definetly good deal since even mage gets 320 leadership at level 8.

All this just to figure my own strategy for next game. :) I think I try taking leadership at level 8 and every level after that when it is offered. Level 8 also gets me leadership before pirate islands and one very soon in there.
Great post.