PDA

View Full Version : About Frenzy Skill

rayruan
10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
As mentioned in other thread, It only gives that bonus after your unit kills a complete stack of units. I just wonder if it is usefull.

Thanks

Tuplis
10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't really like frenzy because in my opinion the bonus kicks in once you have already ensured the victory. There are sometimes stacks that can be considered easy picks and thus easily give some extra attack to your ranged units but all in all, I found better uses for my points early on.

rayruan
10-08-2008, 06:54 AM
so, for mage, in the might skill tree, only Rage Control and Master of Spirits worth to learn, no need go further.

Zhuangzi
10-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I quite like Frenzy. As a Paladin, I found that I was happy to upgrade it to +4 attack in midgame. In this game, it's not enough to win battles, you have to win them convincingly enough for it to be profitable. So I think Frenzy has a use.

Nighttime Commander is also a very cheap and nice skill - shame night is so short in this game. :rolleyes:

ThyrsaM
10-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Nighttime also works when in caves if I am correct.

rayruan
10-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Nighttime also works when in caves if I am correct.

yes, I agree

Solkarnar
10-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Onslaught is kinda impt late game too, when u get to meet a ton of black dragons where they are in your face before u can get a spell off. I hate it when they kill 1/3 of my stack even before i get to move.

rayruan
10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Onslaught is kinda impt late game too, when u get to meet a ton of black dragons where they are in your face before u can get a spell off. I hate it when they kill 1/3 of my stack even before i get to move.

what you need to do is find a high initiative unit in your team, then use magic to increase other.

Gatts
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Onslaugh at least one level is handy - mostly you can have fast units at the nearly start of the game (lake dragonflies) but the enemy can have them as well - so to be first in the battle is quite handy.

Frenzy is the spell that changed always the scale of winning in my favour (mostly when enemy is casting spells like clone/phoenix, ressurect, but most often when fighting bosses who spawn tons of small units, or when fighting the undead who have necromancers - more often they reanimate dead stack better for me, my army got +6 attack each time with easy kill of reanimated units and it was quite fun to see how the enemy tries to overhelm me but is actually making it each turn more easy for me :)

Namel
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Does only killing stack get bonus or all units in army?

If you kill multiple stacks does frenzy bonus add up?

phoenixreborn
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Only killing stack gets the bonus. Killing more units makes the bonuses stack. So a unit with an area atack like a giant once got plus 12 attack for me upon killing 3 enemy units.

I like having frenzy.

Enarr
10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Good skill for Warriors and Palys. It is great for bosses like Kraken and Spider.
As a mage, you'd prob want to ignore it unless you're playing on easy and have a huge abundance in gold and can afford to buy the extra might runes. As a Paly, you'll have so many Might runes, you'll want to invest in it because they'd be sitting there (even after spending points on rage/tactics/onslaught/nighttime)
________
volcano classic vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

LiveInABox
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I like it alot, great skill to have.

Zhuangzi
10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Does only killing stack get bonus or all units in army?

If you kill multiple stacks does frenzy bonus add up?

1. Only the unit that kills the stack gets the Frenzy bonus.

2. Don't know. Gatts seems to be suggesting that it does add up? :confused:

Basically, you will be killing a lot of weak stacks in this game. I don't believe that Frenzy isn't an important skill - I think it can be very useful.

LiveInABox
10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
frenzy is a big help up against a big army..

Solkarnar
10-08-2008, 04:34 PM
frenzy is a big help up against a big army..

I 2nd it. Its great for drawn out fights where the enemies keep rezzing their units, your units keep getting stronger and stronger. I would max it out if i were a war or pally.

OmegaDestroyer
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
It's great against the Spider Boss.

travcm
10-20-2008, 08:47 PM
The bonuses do stack, but it really doesn't amount to much help. The boss battles are relatively easy anyways, unless you are too weak for them. Even during large battles, it might mean 2 or 3 of your creatures have +2 to attack by the midway point. It's something I'll only put a point into for the +1 initiative skill.

Archlord_James
11-01-2008, 06:26 AM
NO WAY. one of the best skills for any class but especially a mage is the +1,2, or 3 initiative skill at bottom of might. This will ensure that you get cast your 2 spells and a rage attack in first round b4 the enemy gets to move. Its important to get them while they still clumped together for mage so first round initiative is very important.

taltamir
12-12-2008, 08:47 PM
worth a point for nighttime operation... asides from night, it works in caves, and all the biggest baddest monsters are in caves... and it only costs 3 might runes per level (aka, level2 and 3 also only cost 3 might runes each) and gives +2 attack and +2 defense per level.

Here is a question... how long does frenzy last? the whole battle?

lauvhk
12-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Yes, until the battle concludes.

Gatts
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
yes - frenzy bonus lasts whole battle, no matter how long it will be and is cumulative...

if you have frenzy 3:

your bone dragons kill 4 stacks: 4x6 att = +24 attack... till the bitter end :)

In general Frenzy was the skill for my vampires which I sent always in the front lines and longer the battle lasted, easier it was for me...

lauvhk
12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I believe the Frenzy skill is especially invaluable to those pursuing single stack strategy.

@Gatts

Not that it makes much sense, but do you still get the bonus if you kill friendly stacks like Thorns or Undead raised by Necromancer/Necro Call?

Gatts
12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I believe the Frenzy skill is especially invaluable to those pursuing single stack strategy.

@Gatts

Not that it makes much sense, but do you still get the bonus if you kill friendly stacks like Thorns or Undead raised by Necromancer/Necro Call?

You probably wanted to spell it " especially valuable"... as I used single stack strategy - vamps + gloth's armor + armie (understand : my familiar call of aramageddon) and as armageddon weakened all enemy stacks but did not kill them - my vamps just "harvested" them - where frezny was my main motivator to go for the weakest first (normally in HOMM I went first for the strongest :) what a change in my strategy only due one skill... great job devs), so my vamps harvested not only all blood, but also all ATT frenzy bonuses

I actually hurt my own stacks when they gone frenzy (ghosts) but well... I never killed hand-to-hand or with direct range attack my own stack so actually I totally don't know... but good question!

TemjinGold
12-16-2008, 01:31 AM
You probably wanted to spell it " especially valuable"... as I used single stack strategy - vamps + gloth's armor + armie (understand : my familiar call of aramageddon) and as armageddon weakened all enemy stacks but did not kill them - my vamps just "harvested" them - where frezny was my main motivator to go for the weakest first (normally in HOMM I went first for the strongest :) what a change in my strategy only due one skill... great job devs), so my vamps harvested not only all blood, but also all ATT frenzy bonuses

I actually hurt my own stacks when they gone frenzy (ghosts) but well... I never killed hand-to-hand or with direct range attack my own stack so actually I totally don't know... but good question!

His use is actually fine. Valuable and invaluable pretty much means the same thing (like "flammable" and "inflammable.")