PDA

View Full Version : Where to find these spells?

johndoe3344
10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I think it could be useful for others to share where they found the key spells that everyone keeps discussing.

For instance, geyser, fire rain, demon gate, sacrifice, target, etc.

I'll start -- I first found Demon Gate in the elven lands... I forgot the specific NPC though.

I haven't really come across the others yet -- could others share where to get them?

Imperial Dane
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
An interesting idea, only problem is that the game is randomized each time you play through, so you can't really be sure what you might find and where you might find it from game to game.

blueshrike
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Imperial Dane, while it might be true spells are randomized, I don't think we know whether they are randomized to ANY area or to a particular region. Therefore the region or "stage of the game" might be helpful.

I found Sacrifice in the Freedom Isles. As a level 10 Mage I have not seen the others you mentioned yet... and have not seen Lightning Bolt either.

LiveInABox
10-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Im level 15 warrior and just finished the Freedom isles area. I found Sacrifice I think in Arlania but never use it (how do u get it to work on eggs??). Dont have any of those others but i did find Target in the demo. i do have DOOM and Phantom tho and my most used spell is easily phantom but i like beserk as well.

just got a summon pheonix spell but its useless..maybe the two higher versions of it are alot better..

LiveInABox
10-07-2008, 11:58 PM
ok i just got the geyser spell from the stone tavern in upper hader by giving the dwarf the titan tear.

Saridu
10-08-2008, 02:15 AM
ok i just got the geyser spell from the stone tavern in upper hader by giving the dwarf the titan tear.

The same, looks like that spell is a set reward for that quest, anybody confirm?

Daedalus
10-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Indeed, i also received the Geyser spell from the Titan's Tear quest.

LiveInABox
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I wish i didnt upgrade the geyser to level 3..it costs 40 mana and my total mana is like 55..:( does probably less damage than evil shoal and about 5x less than underground spikes.. plus it doesnt leave me options for my more usefull spells. a waste of crystals really for a warrior..

Gatts
10-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I wish i didnt upgrade the geyser to level 3..it costs 40 mana and my total mana is like 55..:( does probably less damage than evil shoal and about 5x less than underground spikes.. plus it doesnt leave me options for my more usefull spells. a waste of crystals really for a warrior..

Well, you can still hold SHIFT (level 2) or CTRL (level 1) keys to select lower levels of the geyser.

but yes - it was quite a loss of crystals (You should have the MOD that shows you all future upgrades of spells when you move your mouse above the upgrade circle)

JorisS
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
(You should have the MOD that shows you all future upgrades of spells when you move your mouse above the upgrade circle)

is that mod actually available? Or wishful thinking? ;)
Would indeed be interesting.

Suporex
10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
The same, looks like that spell is a set reward for that quest, anybody confirm?

That's great but I have spent 2 hours digging and looking for the treasure from the map and can't find it anywhere.... help :)

Tempo
10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
is that mod actually available? Or wishful thinking? ;)
Would indeed be interesting.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4033

fld88
10-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Spoiler Alert

I haven’t completed KB yet but I’ve started a number of games and this is the second time I’ve reached the Freedom Islands. On the Eastern Islands there are a couple of quests where I’ve I had the chance to buy cool spells after I completed them. One is bringing back Indulgence for Captain Black Eye. He had Sacrifice for sale this time around though I’m not sure if he always offers it. Both times now after buying the scroll from the Sorcerer’s Tower and raising the Moon Ghost off the NW side of the island he had Invisibility for sale but make sure you have sold or dropped your spare scrolls so you’ll have room to buy it. He often has a nice artefact for sale also.

ostwind
10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
does anyone know where i can find the resurrection spell

Writhan
10-10-2008, 12:02 PM
No. It's random where you get it.

I can reveil, I found my first ressurrection scroll in elven lands however.

blueshrike
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
does anyone know where i can find the resurrection spell

As a mage (lvl 12) I found resurrection in the Eastern Freedom Islands on the far north west island (the one with the stone shrine and sorcerer tower). It was a single scroll on the grassy hillside, and I was relieved to have found it! Did not have it until this point.

ostwind
10-10-2008, 08:09 PM
im a level 17 mage searched everywhere in freedom islands and in the dwarf place but couldnt find it.

Ah well i guess its all about luck and i dont think i have it :)

ganjatron
10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I found Resurrection for sale by one of the brothers on the NW-most Island in Western Islands - that is after I finished their quest. I saw Invisibility once but couldn't buy it due to too many scrolls... I think it was indeed the moon ghost ship, because it disappeared when I zoned and now I can seem to find the spell again.

What I'm really interested in is Weakness. I don't have one "mass" spell yet and I'm a mage that has invested in level3 Chaos magic, so that would be great.

Oh, my favorite spell thus far is "Demon Gate" and I found it, luckily, in a chest behind a house in the "demon-infested" village (ironic, but is this a static placement?) in the area where the Dwarf King lives.

fld88
10-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I found Resurrection for sale by one of the brothers on the NW-most Island in Western Islands - that is after I finished their quest. I saw Invisibility once but couldn't buy it due to too many scrolls... I think it was indeed the moon ghost ship, because it disappeared when I zoned and now I can seem to find the spell again.

What I'm really interested in is Weakness. I don't have one "mass" spell yet and I'm a mage that has invested in level3 Chaos magic, so that would be great.

Oh, my favorite spell thus far is "Demon Gate" and I found it, luckily, in a chest behind a house in the "demon-infested" village (ironic, but is this a static placement?) in the area where the Dwarf King lives.

You can buy another boat raising spell from the Sorceres Tower on that island. I experimented with Invisibility but I don't know if I would ever cast it in a serious battle. Although now that I can cast twice per turn I may give it a try sometime.

Demon Gate is nice, as is Phantom. They are both have their place. Demon Gate was one of the spells I received for the Rare Animals quest.

I have never found Resurrection during any of the games I started to date.

Saridu
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I found Demon gate on a scroll in the Freedorn Islands. Ice snake was for sale from the brotherhood :)

My first game through, my Paladin found resurrection from Furious (for 12k) - the devs are laughing at me!

Is geyser a set spell reward for the Titan's tear?

Does somebody have a list of the mass spells?

LiveInABox
10-13-2008, 01:26 AM
I just found resurrection now in Death Valley in the Undead Lands. One of the necros is selling it. Also selling Armageddon and Demon Portal.

ganjatron
10-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Is geyser a set spell reward for the Titan's tear?

Does somebody have a list of the mass spells?

I think there is another post concerning the mass spells, maybe in Tips and Hints section. As others have pointed out, I'm just here to confirm that I too got Geyser from the Titan's Tear quest and have not seen it for sale (or via loot) since.

Anyone get the spells "Life Light" or "God's Armor"? These two are in the description of the mage skill "Healing" I haven't found God's Armor but I've got Divine Armor (translation thing?) as a quest reward from the guy at the beach in Valley of a Thousand Rivers. Haven't tried it out yet.

I got Life Light as a quest reward from the Tree of Life quest. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite spells as it heals 800 hitpoints to every mob in a 7 square grid for 10 mana at level 1! Best of all, it heals magic resistant units like Cyclops and Black Dragons! That's a full heal dragons for 10 mana!

Now, my core spells are Fire Rain (elven lands), Demon Portal (Demonis), Phantom, Kamikaze (Demonis), Weakness (Demonis) and Life Light (Elven lands quest).