PDA

View Full Version : Impossible difficulty level.

Palinius
10-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Making this topic as I just started on Impossible and maybe some of you already completed it or got some experience with it.
Just feel free about giving some Tips and Hints to make your life easier on Impossible.

Raider
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Well at this difficulty level money is a big problem so be carefull in what you invest.

First thing when you enter a new map is explore and gather all the bonuses you can reach - leadership, runes, cristals, etc, avoiding monsters for later. Then attacking the weaker ones - if you suffer more than 10% casualties reload and try to fight somebody else.

I used diplomacy a lot even though i played a knight, i have about 10 - 12 different creature types in different castles and i've just finnished the dwarven islands - i buy one of them and let the others stack up. Also some creatures are more worth having in the army than others. Of course the game might randomize some artifacts and give you bonuses for other units but units like the inquisitor, cannoners, royal snakes ( with the frog wife in frog state ) are excellent to have in the army.

Spells - Hypnotise and Geyser are great till this point in the game ( like i said, at the end of the dwarven islands ). Haste, slow, demon gate are also very good.. maybe i'll think of more later

jigoku
10-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Think & count -> don't waste money and buy everything (esp. useless artifacts - You'll find better anyway) etc.
Save before every fight and replay it until minimal casulties.

This way I've managed to get this nice hero:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/739/herojn7.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=herojn7.jpg)http://img232.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Just be careful and don't get into overkill fights when You're left with few creatures left.

btw, this screenshot is just before labyrinth to murok (I'm worried there aren't enough exp. levels ;) )

Writhan
10-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Woah, your defense is horrible man :p

Shouldn't slack on defense even though your a mage. Your troops take so much more damage.

Where'd you get the green dragons though? Can't find them.

jigoku
10-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Defense? A mage? 90% of fights are over after 3 turns (ice snake ~5k damage, fire rain ~4k damage + higher magic lvl3) :) And casulties are non-existant (almost) as I simply resurrect all destroyed troops ;)

As to where get emerald dragons: They're available to recruit on the great forest map. You need to go by boat as they're accesible only this way. On impossible there was 47 dragons to recruit.

Raider
10-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Ok, an update - after playing last night i found the sacrifice spell at last.. this spell makes the diplomacy skill kind of useless if you know how to use it :) i found a bone dragon egg and now i'm up to 4 bone dragons... looking for easy fights to raise them to 13, my current leadership limit at level 20

kennec
10-07-2008, 09:39 AM
after finishing game on normal as mage i am now playing a paladin on impossible. cant be that hard couse in endgame as mage i barely used my spells and all monsters where demons or dragons wich paladins have bonus to fight against.

its realy funny fighting low lvls with paladins couse u take no losses with resurection spell early on.

i will be posting in this thread about my game.

Gatts
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Defense? A mage? 90% of fights are over after 3 turns (ice snake ~5k damage, fire rain ~4k damage + higher magic lvl3) :) And casulties are non-existant (almost) as I simply resurrect all destroyed troops ;)

As to where get emerald dragons: They're available to recruit on the great forest map. You need to go by boat as they're accesible only this way. On impossible there was 47 dragons to recruit.

Well - sounds nice -but wait for red and black dragons... your ressurection will be overused and still not sufficient :P

jigoku
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Actually, I got whole land of death cleared and there was plenty of black/red/bone dragons and everything went smooth :)

Gatts
10-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Lucky you

Suporex
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
jigoku I like the way you have created your mage, could you please put screenshots for 'Might' and 'Mind' tree as well? as I am wondering what path you have choosen there