PDA

View Full Version : Question about Leveling up your Rage Creatures

Darkhon
10-05-2008, 11:03 PM
At first, I didn't realize I could use a rage creature more than once per battle. Thats pretty much because by the time I earned enough rage to unleash evil shoals (Inquisitors rock!) the battle was over anyway.

I started over from my mage, and am playing a Paladin making a Bee-line for Runic Stones to basically give me an uber mage/warrior. I am 5th level and generously gave myself other skills not in the path and actually got my first runic stone.

I also made a Bee-line for the Rage Creatures. Last time, I Wasn't sure how big the game was and thought the main quests would be really hard, so I pretty much cleared out the entire starting continent of quests/creatures before getting them.

(Also, I love how things change randomly when you start over, this time I got Griffins really early from an Earl in Arlia and they absolutely devestate the battlefield. Unlimited retaliation, coupled with stone skin and bless!! if there was only a way to get them to generate "Agro" to be the target dujour (other than just fly them into the middle of the enemy)

I quickly unlocked the first two rage creatures I use them every battle (Whether I need them or not). This is because I began to suspect that XP was accumalated every time you use them. I purposely didn't use one of my rage creatures and got 0XP on him and the one I did use did get XP. I just want to be sure:

Do you get XP if you use your rage creature once in a battle? The more times you use them the more XP?

PHJF
10-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Every time you use your Spirits, they get XP. I haven't noticed if certain skills give more XP or not (based on amount of rage used, perhaps?)

bugmenot
10-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Every time you use your Spirits, they get XP. I haven't noticed if certain skills give more XP or not (based on amount of rage used, perhaps?)
That's what I originally thought, but now I'm sure it's not accurate.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the exact system is (waiting for the Russian fan manual to be translated).

In several combats I've been using / abusing Sacrifice to build up a high level army. I'd kill all the opponents except 1 or 2 archers and repeatedly cast Sacrifice (and use the Inquisitors to build up rage to train my spirits).

I've noticed that my stone spirit gets no XP for randomly placed walls and meteor showers that don't hit the enemy.

Also my swamp spirit doesn't get XP for the shield or piranha attack if it doesn't hit the enemy.

TBH I thought I'd noticed earlier on in the game that using any spirit power gives XP, so either I was mistaken earlier on or maybe there is some cutoff (possible examples: only spirits under level 5 get XP for powers which don't cause damage, or if your forces vastly outnumber the opponent no XP is given (to prevent end of battle farming)
________
XRV650 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XRV650)

Palinius
10-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Im not sure but at the loading screen there are tips and 1 says That you Spirits gain Xp for Damaging enemies , for killing enemies ...and im not sure as the sentence was long and the load screen went fast there was also that thay gain Xp by damaging friendly or maybe it said that they dont :)

Gatts
10-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Well, I have noticed the same - using the spirits not always gives XP.
Still I believe that even if I don't kill an enemy I should get something for using rage skill.

Maybe even shield or wall of stone gives XP - but the shield first when it is attacked and wall when it is destroyed (also the icy dots of rage and mana - if they are consumed - they could give XP to Lina, if not then not...)

But not getting any XP at all for using defensive spirit abilities is not fair at all. (But at least the undead Guardian guy will always have fast leveling and for me is still the most usefull one :) )