PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 favourite items in your game

Fate
10-05-2008, 12:59 AM
As the name implies, what are the top 5 (in no particular order) favourite items in your game. I will start first.

1) Elven crown
Add 1000 leadership
+1 morale to elves

2) Dead Skull
+5 Att
+5 Int

3) Ragha's Shield
+6 Def
50% resistance against dragon attacks
Use: Recruit a * Dragon once/lvl

4) Ancient Amulet
+4 Int
+15 mana
Use: Gives 10 magic runes after 50 battles once

5) Sword of Light
+5 Att (+10 during daytime combat)
-20% def of undead and demon

There are also notable ones like the intellect ring since it gives a permanent bonus. The dragon cloak is also nice since the armor in my game are pretty bad. I think it will be very useful for mages. I also read about the scope which improves ranged damage, i would love that one too but i can't find it in my game.

PHJF
10-05-2008, 02:20 AM
The only particularly good items I've even found are Prismatic Helmet (+10 mana [I think], +20% combat magic damage) and something like Hellfury Amulet (+30% fire damage).

Archemage's Staff isn't bad either (+5 INT, +25% lightning damage).

Question: can you equip multiple of the same items? If I had like 4 Marshall's Batons could i put one on me and three on the Elf wife, for +4000 LDR?

Darkhon
10-05-2008, 05:59 AM
My son and daughter. Despite the fact they take up two inventory slots on my wife, I think those are the coolest.

Tuplis
10-05-2008, 07:33 AM
1) Elven Crown

2) Banner of True Faith (regalia)
+4 Defense
+800 Leadership
-1 to undead morale
use:gives 10 mind runes after 50 victories

3) Griffin's Banner (regalia)
-30% to Griffin leadership

4) Ancient Amulet

5) Gladiator Sword
+4 Attack
+15 Rage
use:gives 10 might runes after 50 victories

I do have to change my priorities at the end-game though and I replaced some of this stuff with Ragha's Shield and Dragon's Slayer Sword

kennec
10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
funny

i havent seen any of above items exept dragon shield and the skull.

rhomboidspace
10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
funny

i havent seen any of above items exept dragon shield and the skull.

there's alot of items in the game, and since it's random content, and some items probably have less chance than others to appear, it'd probably take several play throughs, to see all the items.

Imperial Dane
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Indeed so i would rather not say what items are my favorites and such so far.. besides some items work best in combination with certain units, so one would imagine that those who mention the elven crown are rather fond of using elven units for example.. i mean wouldn't be that much use to anyone with orks or dwarves..

But i will say i quite like the banner of true faith and the banner of heroism.

Palinius
10-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Well i guess the Elven Crown pawns hard in early game when you have 1000 leadership yourself.

My personal best is Dragon Slayer's Sword
+5 att
+50% att against dragons

Just love it couse im obsessed with all thats connected with dragons and i like the +5 att not to mention that +50% is really needed against those dragons.

Rest of the items heavilly depends on simply the units you have available for hire, the availability of items , tactics you use.
Atm im playing on impossible and i got on swamps from the Frog Castle quest the Dwarven Scope that gives +100% att to archers with projectile wepons. Too bad its just with projectile couse there is so much more archers in the game. No to mention how would it work when you got that in early game with the head item +100% for thorns and you were available to get 2 thorns at lvl 4-6 with the Elven crown. Damn that would rox :)

DavekeC
10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Well My favorite item so far is the necklace that gives +30% fire damange.
On it's own it's not particularly powerfull or wowing but right now i'm wearing 3 of them and 30 INT making my firerains do 5-6k damage at lvl 22.

Are there any other particular items that make you do more fire or magic damage in general ? For the rest i like the wizards mantle for its mana and resistance vs hero's

As a weapon the dragonslayers sword or the +3attk +3int sword depending on what the enemy force is made of offcourse.

Also liking the elven crown for its huge leadership bonus and also the banner of true faith for another huge leadership bonus.

Kosiciel
10-30-2008, 04:18 PM
2 x Great Druid's Staff with Griffins, Bears and Royal Snakes. Also Dead Skull, very helpfull for my paladin, but it was mentioned before.

Eldritch
10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Well My favorite item so far is the necklace that gives +30% fire damage.On it's own it's not particularly powerfull or wowing but right now i'm wearing 3 of them and 30 INT making my firerains do 5-6k damage at lvl 22..

Erm... What exactly is this item called and where can you usually find it?

kennec
10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Erm... What exactly is this item called and where can you usually find it?

neckledge of firestorm is the upgraded item name. location is random. i found it in a tressure chest on an island around elven lands once.

Metathron
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
This fire necklace I saw for sale in castle Nexy in the demon lands, but didn't buy it (was playing as warrior).

My favourite in the last game was definitely the telescope artifact that gives 100% to the attack of shooters (doubles their attack).

The artifact that gives you +5 and +50% against dragons would be the runner up.

milo
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
At the moment I am playing with both the crown that gives 100% damage bonus to thorns and the telescopic sight that gives !00% damage bonus to archers. Also have the set that grants 30% critical chance to ranged attacks. Thorns and troops that spawn thorns are wrecking havoc.

travcm
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think that 100% bonus to attack is so great for thorns, as it effects their base attack. So it basically amounts to thorn-hunters getting +3 or 4 attack (I forget what exactly it is). I found telescopic sight best for cannoneers and/or evil beholders, and the 2 elf archers.

Kosiciel
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure if Telescopic sight works with (Evil) Beholders... Possibly with cannoneers (is cannon a projectile weapon? :)

Eldritch
11-01-2008, 01:39 AM
The telescopic sight sounds p. cool. The core of my mages current army is composed of sprites, lake faeries and dryads on cra... erm, I mean Anga's Ring. (+3 to speed, initiative and morale of all female creatures iirc.) i I'm using Royal Snakes and Griffins with that cuz I got double greater druids staff, (+4 int. +%50 attack for animals) snake boots (+1 speed AND initiative for all snakes) and the griffin kings feather(regalia, +1 speed to griffins and all lvl1 critters) AND on top of that the winged wind( a pair o' sandals that gives all flying and soaring creatures +1 speed). Obviously this combo is possible with Xeona who is the best wife evarr imho. I'm keeping elves and hunters in reserve for fights where I think a ranged element could be useful plus they get a morale bonus for being in an all-elf army. This alternative army of mine would be MUCH more viable with this telescopic sight but I never found it in my game and I'm lvl 24 in demonis now. Is it a rare item? Where do you usually get it?

MajorS
11-01-2008, 02:22 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/angas.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/isshara.jpg

Best about those two, they are always in the game and they have become essential to my strategie (which helped me beat impossible in 24 days)

Little example:

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lake_fairy_before.jpg

Its an ok unit with fairly good initiative and speed and 0.21 average dam/leadership (Green Dragons for an example have 0.06 and Ancient Ents have 0.1) and of course "No retaliation"

Now with those 2 items from above

http://mysite.verizon.net/resw4bgk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lake_fairy_after.jpg

This is a killer unit. 9 Init and 8 speed beats black dragons and will always be first in battle. Allowing the unit to basically fly over the entire battlefield at will. Morale is at max allowing the unit to crit more often and the unit now deals an amazing 0.36 damage/leadership. Thats 6! times the amount of damage a stack of Green Dragons would do with the same leadership requirement. This is basically like a ranged unit.

After those two the Dragon Slayers sword, Raghas Shield and any item that adds 1 to damage (there is a dagger in the game with +1 poison damage)

Another +1 damage would give those Fairies more than 0.5 dam/leadership. I have seen these stacks doing more than 20k damage on critical hits.

Metathron
11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Wait, I don't get it - how does the Whip contribute anything to the Fairies?

Kosiciel
11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
It adds +1 fire damage to all creatures (each one gets +1 damage, fire type). Best used with level 1 units (beacause of low leadership cost, so one can have maaaaaaany of them).

Metathron
11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Ah, I see. The description is confusing, it's worded so as to mean it adds +1 damage to creatures who already do fire damage...

xerxes
12-19-2008, 07:02 PM
100% Critical Chance!

Troops: Elves, Hunters, Sprites, Lake Fairy, Dryads

20% Dagger Of Sentence

30% Ale Barrel + Telescope (for archers)

+3 morale Anga's Ruby (for females only)

+1 morale for all elves army

+1 morale for elven crown
(i.e. +2 morale for archers)

Troops: Elves, Hunters, Sprites, Lake Fairy, Dryads
For archers:
(30%+20%+base crit 7%?)*1.5 = 85%
For females
(20%+base crit 7%?)*2 = 54%

Depending on Rage and other factors, my archers now show 100% for critical damage!!! That's awesome! means +30% damage with 0 rage...

I can see my critical % because of the interface mod available at the king's bounty forums...

Plus since i have the demon as a wife, i can also equip the two +1 to damage weapons (the dagger, and the whip) to get insane damage output (per leadership point) from the lovely ladies :).

Best combo ever !

lauvhk
12-20-2008, 04:13 AM
There is a belt that add another 10% critical if that's available in your game.

Danny
12-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Dear MajorS,

Is the Isshara's Whip found in Demonis?

I am trying to get there. Am a level 19 Mage and always get my ass "whipped" by the demons. Ha Ha.

Danny

Danny
12-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Dear Gamer Kosiciel, Fate & Friends of KB,

I think Dead Skull comes from Pain Skull after 50 victories.

But how do i get it? Is there a quest to complete?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Danny

Ryder
12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Dear MajorS,

Is the Isshara's Whip found in Demonis?

I am trying to get there. Am a level 19 Mage and always get my ass "whipped" by the demons. Ha Ha.

Danny
Yes in Demonis. You get it after completing a pretty simple quest. (If you go back to see the person who was the objest of the quest).

Ryder
12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Dear Gamer Kosiciel, Fate & Friends of KB,

I think Dead Skull comes from Pain Skull after 50 victories.

But how do i get it? Is there a quest to complete?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Danny
I've played the game 3 1/3 times and I have only seen it once. Noone can tell you where it is as it may not appear at all.

Danny
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Dear Ryder & Gamers of KB,

Thank you Ryder for your advice.

Also, something to share with KB fans, the sprout given by the "Tree of Life" when used give +1 intelligence. Good news for mage players!

Danny

maltz
02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
(1) Dragon slayer sword (weapon)

+5 attack AND +50% damage to dragons. Makes many fights a lot easier. One guaranteed sword from the Darion tournament.

(2) Telescope (Artifact)

Telescope + 2 elven hunter/archer = happiness

(3) Rage Predator (Artifact)

Every turn converts 5 points of rage into mana.
Suddenly all the difficult fights become nearly 0-loss cakes.

(4) Elven crown (Helmet)

There are also pretty good alternatives such as the Tournament Helmet, Dwarf's Search light helmet, etc. If you have the telescope better wear the crown, too.

(5) +20 mana painting (Artifact)

Mana is always in short supply - this guaranteed painting is essential.

Metathron
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Eh? Doesn't the telescope give +100% attack to archers? Or is this a different one?

Muzzy
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Mine too was Dragon Slayer's Sword. I was lucky to get two on my first play as paladin. One on me and one on my wife. Breezed though the later levels With 7 forms of hass and end boss.

Zandalar
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, if ye have the slots they stack, I have 2 marshals batons and they help with Ldrsp greatly.

Zandalar
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Since I have Xeona for my Warrior's Wife and I think the demons are really awesome, then These 5 are my favorite:
Isshara's Whip (ups Atk, and increases Demoness's Dmg by +20% I think and adds fire dmg)
Dragon Cloak (Awesome defense)
Demetrius[cl3] ( want more Demons? no prob, this reduces their Ldrsp by 20%, and increases Atk)
Anga's Ruby (awesome trinket for them females and add Ldrsp)
Miner's Helmet (+20% Atk at night, and adds to Ldrsp, but it was the best helm I could get in my game)

Above really rounded out my Demon army and like some of ye has posted, favorites depends upon Wife and army set up. Anyhoo, ye all have fun!

klasicni
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
One of my favorite items are Jackboots... yeah wierd a?

Well my explanation is this. This boots have morale, and very soon it gets terrbile and you can suppress it any time you want. And with high lvl char I kill everything in first round when suppressing it and with this I start every real fight with full rage :rolleyes:

It takes a little more time, but its cool :-P

Leind
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
One of my favorite items are Jackboots... yeah wierd a?

Well my explanation is this. This boots have morale, and very soon it gets terrbile and you can suppress it any time you want. And with high lvl char I kill everything in first round when suppressing it and with this I start every real fight with full rage :rolleyes:

It takes a little more time, but its cool :-P

Do you have to wear the bots for a while before being able to suppress it?
I have the thorn item that double damage for thorn but it's morale is terrible and when I right click on it there is no option to supress it.
I would love to have it again (it really double damage, not attack. ie if archer thorn do 2-3 damage with the item they will do 4-6.). If only I could find someplace to buy the level 4 thorn too :rolleyes:

Zonc
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
You can surpress items only when it reaches exaclty zero, when it's >0 you can't, even if description says "morale: terrible".

Leind
03-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Another small useful item is smoked rats. I came back a second time in the lucky john mines and was able to obtain more. Eating it give +2 rage and +2 mana and take 50 leadership, and once used it takes no place in the inventory.

Nice item as when you level up you will get to choose between like 6 mana or 500 leadership, eating rat is a far better deal. And they are only 50 gold apiece :rolleyes:

Johannes
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
At the moment I am playing with both the crown that gives 100% damage bonus to thorns and the telescopic sight that gives !00% damage bonus to archers. Also have the set that grants 30% critical chance to ranged attacks. Thorns and troops that spawn thorns are wrecking havoc.

thorn hunters are not counted as archers so telescopic sight and the ale barell does absolutly nothing for your thorns. It's a bit anoying since it says archer in their description but it's consistent with dragon arrows or precision not affecting them.

It makes it clear though how sick blackthorn crown and thorns are though. Couple with issharas whip, poision dagger and perhaps a hell fire buff and you got the hardest hitting unit in the game, getting 30k Hits (not crits) vs low defence stacks with 16k leadership, saw a crit at 76k in another thread and that should easily be breakable using thorns.

trentjaspar
06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Miner's Helmet (+20% Atk at night, and adds to Ldrsp, but it was the best helm I could get in my game)

Miner's Helmet says, "+20% to the Attack of your troops during night combat." Does that mean that the bonus only applies if you're outside during night? Or can you be underground and as long as it's 12AM-3AM you get the bonus?

Anyone know? I guess I'll find out soon enough, I'm just trying to figure out if I shouldn't "waste" my nighttime hours with underground battles.

I was able to confirm that, unlike "Nighttime Operations," the bonus does not apply underground during daylight hours.

hippo
12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I am playing with KB Scanner because I want to know what artifacts will be randomize in game. I checked 50 games and I can't find Gladiator Sword on the list from KB Scanner. Maybe there is a different name for Gladiator Sword in game and in editor?
So please tell me how Gladiator Sword is named in editor?

Sir Whiskers
12-15-2012, 02:54 PM
I am playing with KB Scanner because I want to know what artifacts will be randomize in game. I checked 50 games and I can't find Gladiator Sword on the list from KB Scanner. Maybe there is a different name for Gladiator Sword in game and in editor?
So please tell me how Gladiator Sword is named in editor?

I believe that is called rage_blade in the items.txt file. I expect the editor will use the same name.