PDA

View Full Version : My Wish List -

Darkhon
10-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I am absolutely loving this game. I am hoping there will be a sequal. I'd love to see an extension of the "Wife/Child" thing, where the King eventually gives you a manor. Then your choices reflect how that zone starts to look. If you take a Zombie bride for instance and travel around doing necromantic stuff it takes on a necromantic aspect and the shops provide necromantic gear. If however you are doing shining knight, it' becomes this gleaming white castle like the starting area, etc.

What also would be cool, is let's say there are three shops in this village. Initially only one of them provides basic troops.

The other two are not functioning.

As you complete quests, let's say you save a Blacksmith, you can invite him to move his shop to your town and then certain troops and items are available.

However, there are more quests like that then you have shops.

Also, you could go back to certain npcs, like the miller or the big red spore creature and invite them to come stand in your province.

Eventually, you get a "Statue" in your town square and it looks just like the players icon. The player's flag choice at the start of the game flaps in the breeze on various standards.

Another really interesting idea is "Garrisons". You have given us three slots to park troops (Even though we have six, so if we want to have a complete seperate army to change out, we have to park three here, and three there, which can be irritating)

Here is my suggestions on that:

1- In this province, give us one Garrison of six slots.

2- Let the player buy "Towers" in his province. Let's say there are two broken down ones. The first one you can pay 5,000 gold for a Mason to construct and maybe the second one you have to complete a quest for a Dwarf.

This gives three garrison slots, but they are special! Over time they gain +10% of whatever unit you have parked there. This gives the player a reason to go 'invest' in a unit and watch it grow. Maybe it's not a percent, maybe it's +1 per day or something.

3- Enemy Archers/Knights etc. should wear other color livery than blue. I'd like to fight RED archers instead of blue, I feel like I am killing my king's troops.

4- I think it would also be interesting if the player could buy other decorative items (Some that are just for looks and some that are for strategic value) and modify their province in various places.

5- The province will peridiocally spawn freebie units that wander around as friendly, giving you a reason to return. If you have created a province of death, then expect it to be wandering undead, otherwise perhaps bowmen and peasents.

You could probably create four or five overall themes, Dwarven, Elven, Order (Knights), Bandit King and Death spring to mind right off the bat.

reed
10-14-2008, 01:08 AM
wow, the garrison is growing like HoMM :D

i'll let my computer turned on all day long LOL

i wanted to have like caravan in the main castle, after that, you can buy a portion of troop from any tavern/shop located on the same province

Namel
10-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Then your choices reflect how that zone starts to look. If you take a Zombie bride for instance and travel around doing necromantic stuff it takes on a necromantic aspect and the shops provide necromantic gear. If however you are doing shining knight, it' becomes this gleaming white castle like the starting area, etc.

I think this is bad idea. It takes lot of effort to make such thing and it really adds nothing to game. Instead of eye candy like this I hope they concentrate on adding features that really make game more interesting to play. Having multiple graphics for same thing is not really making game that much better. Rather concentrate effort in adding real new things.

Hazimel
10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
agreed wih Namel

vastgirth
10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
i like the idea of being given a castler/manor where you can garrison any excess troups, but i would probably leave it at that for the town.....

I also like the idea of your army changing colour to reflect yours....

Jinix the Elder
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Definately give us more eye candy - the more the better!

Better yet, make us an editor so we can build our own fairylands. Imagine how much fun it would be making your own world out of all those georgous buildings and items that look like handpainted china from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Populating it with all those wonderfully drawn and created characters and scripting your own stats and battles - whew!

Seeing things in the game like the snow fall off the tree when a bushy-tailed white squirrel plays in the branches makes my day or an owl keeping a watchful eye on my battle. Fish splashing in the ponds and little thorny plants that like me scratching their backs are priceless discoveries that makes this game splendid.

The idle movements of the troops as they wait their turn in battle is as realistic as it comes and the way they attack is graphically perfect. Jumping giants, spinning fairies and the wicked killer strike of the Royal Snake is but a few of the eye candy treats in King's Bounty - The Legend.

Oh yes, lots more eye candy - please!

Jinix the Elder

To hell with facts! We need stories!
Ken Kesey