PDA

View Full Version : Buying a spell

gesaugen
10-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Can anyone explain why I cant buy spells (warrior)? I have few unused scrools (because they aren't much of a use) and if I want to buy new scrools i get message that I cant do it because I dont have any room in my spellbook. Well how can I then pick up scrools when I don't have any room???
Is there way to sell scrools?

Amamake
10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Walk to a castle, open your spellbook and right click on a scroll you wish to sell.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Or just throw them away near some peasant huts, poor creatures will find these "paper" throw them into the fire and BOOOM

meminus
10-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Isn´t it possible to extend the amount of spells you can have? Currently I think I have about 30 spells but can´t "handle" more than 12 (30/12)... Can you increase it and how?

Tempo
10-04-2008, 08:00 AM
An artifact (it looks like a bag) gives +5 to amount of spells.
The kid Umbrella gives +4 to amount of spells.
The kid Anna gives +8 to amount of spells.

GreyBeard
10-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Also taking the skill Wisdom adds to the number of spells and mana you can have.

GB

Swindley
10-07-2008, 06:09 AM
But don't be confused.. There are NO limit to the ammount of spells you can have, just scrolls..
________
Pregnant vid (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/34/pregnant/videos/1)

GreyBeard
10-09-2008, 02:34 AM
I am playing a Warrior and can't figure why it is you find a scroll and its added automatically to your book, yet you go to buy one and it always says no room.

To test this I dumped all my scrolls and then I could buy some, yet with them I can't I don't mean the memorized spells just the scrolls.

Still very confused about this.

Thanks for any help

GB

milo
10-09-2008, 03:44 AM
The reason for your confusion is you expect the game to be reasonable. Your logic is sound. Also consider the fact that you can carry an unlimited supply of items like armour, weapons etc. Puting a limit on the number of scrolls you can carry seems inconsistent. Maybe this will be fixed at some point with a patch?

Stepsongrapes
10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
The reason for your confusion is you expect the game to be reasonable. Your logic is sound. Also consider the fact that you can carry an unlimited supply of items like armour, weapons etc. Puting a limit on the number of scrolls you can carry seems inconsistent. Maybe this will be fixed at some point with a patch?

Actually, the game is very reasonable. You're simply missing the logic of the scroll limit.

Items are balanced by the item slots- you can't use two helmets at once. Having two uber helmets at once doesn't make you more powerful than having one. Carrying unlimited items is therefore merely a convenience.

Scrolls on the other hand, are the King's Bounty version of grenades.

Scrolls allow a player to cast magic that would otherwise be beyond their mana ability or skill ability by essentially using gold instead. Scrolls are therefore capped to prevent a warrior from walking into a fight with essentially the power of a mage- casting spells every single turn regardless of their skill rune distribution or having a wide range of spells ready at their disposal.

So, the game allowing you to pick up every scroll you find, despite the limit, is to prevent you from being cheated out of treasure. Found scrolls are, however, limited and therefore balanced. Allowing unlimited buying of scrolls however would allow the unbalanced conversion of gold to magic.

milo
10-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Scrolls are limited by availability and cost. Also scrolls are only level 1 spells. Mage stats contribute to making their spells relatively more effective just as warrior and paladin stats contribute to making their armies more effective. It is inconsistent to be able to pick up additional scrolls but not purchase them. You are entitled to your opinion but I stand behind what I said.

Stepsongrapes
10-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Scrolls are limited by availability and cost. Also scrolls are only level 1 spells. Mage stats contribute to making their spells relatively more effective just as warrior and paladin stats contribute to making their armies more effective. It is inconsistent to be able to pick up additional scrolls but not purchase them. You are entitled to your opinion but I stand behind what I said.

Whether scrolls are balanced by availablilty, cost, or lvl 1 power level is a reasonable topic of discussion.

However, your original logic (and attack on the game) based on an inconsistency with the way items are handled is off the mark. Having the ability to carry multiple scrolls provides an advantage which is not matched by having multiple items.

To simply waive the irrational decision flag based on this faulty logic is to do a disservice to the designers, who clearly put some thought into this fucntionality.

On the consistency of picking up scrolls, I've already raised some points. Not being able to pick up scrolls would deprive the player of treasure. The warrior more than most. Allowing you to pick it up, and subsequently sell it, lets the player cash in. But the first time you want to actually buy a specific scroll, whether to learn a spell or to diversify your arsenal, you WILL have to sell off your horded pick-up scrolls.

Balance is served by this mechanism and the warrior is prevented from toting around a diverse arsenal of buffs, summons, curses, and dispels ready for any situation. You may disagree with the decision made by the designers, but that doesn't equate to the game being irrational.

GreyBeard
10-11-2008, 12:58 AM
The game allows you to pickup every scroll you find agree on that, but why is there always room in your spellbook for everyone you find yet a limit on how many fit the spellbook when you try to buy them.

Either way you could become "overpowered".

Imo, it should be if thats the case then the scrolls you find should go in your inventory NOT your spellbook.

That way you are limited either way buy finding them or buying them.

I think the confusion is just that, when found scrolls are added to you spell book and not your stash.

GB

player1
10-13-2008, 09:10 AM
The reason why you can pick up as many scrolls as you want is so that game won't restrict you from treasure you are supposed to gain.

It would be a real downer if you after some big battle got reward of 3 scrolls which you won't be able to add, due to limited space.