PDA

View Full Version : Expansion idea from experienced RPG player

JungHyun
10-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Just some additional suggestions for up-coming expansion(hopefully there will be one soon).

1. As many other people have suggested, more unique/rare items and more complex drop system like loot table off bosses. Color coding the items depending on the rarity and item level would be nice too.

2. More customization for your character...one of the biggest disappointment from this game is customization. We are limited to 3 classes which are all males. Need sex,race,attribution choices for startup

3. Armor change.When I have some pretty armor on, I want it to actually show while traveling.

4. More tournaments. The tournament from the church was very fun, I'd like to play more of it for nice rewards.

5. Better graphic. Shadowing was a bit weak and rendering was so so. Weathering effect would be nice too.

Andresito
10-04-2008, 07:53 AM
1. The amount of items is fine. More items just will make you not appreciate them.

2. A little bit of customization would be fine, but you have to be a human according to the story.

3. That would be really cool ;)

4. Tournaments and battles are always welcome!

5. I think graphics are perfect. Everything looks really nice (and with no slowdowns) on a AMD3500

I say
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Just some additional suggestions for up-coming expansion(hopefully there will be one soon).

1. As many other people have suggested, more unique/rare items and more complex drop system like loot table off bosses. Color coding the items depending on the rarity and item level would be nice too.

2. More customization for your character...one of the biggest disappointment from this game is customization. We are limited to 3 classes which are all males. Need sex,race,attribution choices for startup

3. Armor change.When I have some pretty armor on, I want it to actually show while traveling.

4. More tournaments. The tournament from the church was very fun, I'd like to play more of it for nice rewards.

5. Better graphic. Shadowing was a bit weak and rendering was so so. Weathering effect would be nice too.
So you want to be a woman and you want to dress pretty? Fair enough. :) But graphics bad? What? This game is basically the most pretty game out there right now. And I know.

ahh
10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
You cannot complain about the graphics, it's awesome

Namel
10-12-2008, 01:44 AM

It is nice of course but it is huge amount of work to do it. In the end it adds very little to single player game. I would rather use all that effort to other things that actually have effect on gameplay instead of just visual that might amuse me for 5 minutes.

nicosharp
10-12-2008, 11:09 PM
1-5 blah, disagree with OP list for the most part:

This game would be cool if they added a multiplayer functionality with balanced attributes. This would not be necessarily easy.

More/New:
Wives - Items - Unit Types - Spells - Talent Tree specs - Heroes (Like 2or3 hybrid classes that use more mind+magic over might, vice versa)

It would be nice to have more stack options late game - instead than 5 stacks of units, possibly6-10 or allow tactics options to split stacks before battles.

It would be cool have more choices during quests (paths - good, bad, evil, neutral, easter eggs).

More content that intermingles based on your overall level.. perhaps content that lvls with you?

Renevent
10-14-2008, 07:08 PM

Strongly agree with everything except 2 & 5. Graphics for this game are fantastic. The art direction is really top notch and I am very pleased with the look of the game.

Regarding 2...bleh. I don't think every game needs to have "customization" for the main character...

aaaaa
10-14-2008, 07:32 PM

I object these proposal. They add burden to graphics subsystem and development without corresponding improvement in game experience. Improvement is not worth the burden.

System requirement of Expansion should adhere to same low graphics requirement of original. Running decently smooth on moderate PC is one of best thing about this game. Please resist temptation to add more beautiful eye-candy or graphics improvement without clear goal.

Lord_Loffen
10-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Strongly agree with everything except 2 & 5. Graphics for this game are fantastic. The art direction is really top notch and I am very pleased with the look of the game.

Regarding 2...bleh. I don't think every game needs to have "customization" for the main character...
2: Maybe not, but it could have been a little more costumization. I would say only sex could be needed, but please then, make it chosable for all classes, not mages are only female paladins both and warrior only male, as an example

DanTheTimid
10-15-2008, 01:44 AM
1) Eh, I guess, not a big deal to me but color coding rarity is pretty easy to implement and does tend to make finding rare drops a little more special so that atleast sounds like a good suggestion.

2) Customization would be cool but its not that big of a deal to me since this game isn't multiplayer anyway. The only thing I think custimization could really benifit from is having a gender choice but I think that might be more trouble then its worth since it kind of goofs up the whole getting a wife and them having a child thing. Aside from the extra work of changing all "him/he/his/etc" references and having to make a corresponding husband for every wife you can normally get, I'm not even sure how they'd explain how your husband births you a child.

3) This isn't super important to me, but I admit it would be a really nice feature to have.

4) Sure why not.

5) I've had no complaints with the graphics at all, things like weather would be kind of cool, but there even less important to me then visually changing armor.

wolfing
10-15-2008, 06:21 PM

I disagree, I think there are already waaaay too many items in the game. I think you're thinking Diablo style, which I particularly don't care about. Keep it as it is I say. But on the matter of inventory, I would suggest a better inventory system where I can sort/filter by type.

I agree here, keep it to the 3 base classes (or add a new one, rogue), but allow for gender and race.

No big deal really, this is not WoW

I think there was a step missing between the last two battles, it was too big a jump, other than that I think it's ok (maybe add one per region or something)

Eeek, the game looks great as it is. Effects are cool as long as they don't affect gameplay (like, some items are already hard to see, imagine if it was raining!)

I have some suggestions of my own:
- Full camera rotation in battles!!!
- Rethink the spouse & kids part. Let me see what the wife will give me before I marry her. As for the kids, make them optionally equipped, or if not, at least let me know what I'll get before I commit.
- Sacrifice spell is too powerful. Part of the strategy is to take limited resources into account. With this spell, you can have any # of any unit you want.
- Make stats mean more.
- Let me sell scrolls wherever I can buy scrolls (not only in castles)
- Add a 'gate home' spell, a lot of time is spent just running back to the king. Not fun.

That's all I can think of for now.

KKJ
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
The graphics are really nice and I love the attention to detail that you find everywhere on the adventure map. You spot a crow taking off or an owl sitting on a statue. A skeleton that rattles and all these things. The art direction is great.

And the best thing. It runs smooth and problemfree on my laptop. The same laptop that also runs WoW without problems.

More weather effects would be great tho.

I agree that color coding the items would be nice.