PDA

View Full Version : A couple of playing hints (paladin).

Danielsan2000
10-03-2008, 05:37 AM
This is a strategy which holds a couple of hints in itself, hope you can make use of it. It works best as a paladin I would think because of the early ressurection spell.

The red pirates can hit 3 opponents at once and Mirabella as your wife gives you a very nice bonus, you can get the zombiegirl untill then, pirates also benefit well from her (if you dont have any skills that give initiative to your troops I would actually recommend to stay with the zombie girl because of the initiative and speed bonus, its very important for this strategy).

Strategy:

Teleport your pirates to somewhere in the middle, use "running" and get to the other end straight way, click the button to be able to strike 3 enemies at once. If you pick the right target the pirates will often have annihalated the guy in the middle and leave 2 other decimated units on the sides.

Cast the shield on him from the swamp rage creature.

With the paladin I can usually ressurect the pirates to full strength again and I go lots of battles without loosing a single unit.

"You should have two good long range units to mob up the other side in the same round, the side where the pirates aint attacking". When you can upgrade priests to inquisitors you have a "second" resurrection option and things become very very easy."

Gatts
10-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Good strategy, but honestly - you didn't play HARD (or even the UNSPEAKABLE, starting with "I" ) difficulty, did you?

Still I have to admit that your strategy is good and even as I finished for Paladin this game twice (easy, normal, tried and failed with hard :( ) I see your way as innovative :P

Solkarnar
10-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Or u can use a level 3 teleport spell to bring him to the opposing archers on turn 1.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Or u can use a level 3 teleport spell to bring him to the opposing archers on turn 1.

Well, is this not the exact same what Danielsan2000 stated already?

Tuplis
10-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm using this strategy with gryphons & tactics - 5 movement is usually sufficient to get you near enough to land a hit on one of the closer stacks and/or block other ranged creatures from shooting. The good thing with gryphons is they have endless retaliations.

vastgirth
10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I am using a fighter and have a similar strategy which seems to be working quite well.

I currently have the frog wife, snake boots and the upgraded snake helmet, so snakes for me are very good units. I move my stack of royal snakes ( who nearly always go first) half way accross the board, then cast phantom on them. The phantom snake stack them goes in front of the original and can reach any of the units on the other side. Because of my buffs it can do a fair bit of damage and because its a phantom i dont mind how much of a beating it takes.

Zhuangzi
10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I am very close to the end of the game now - level 28 and in the final land, and I am spamming Phantom every turn. Works very well with Knights (130 cap), I have found. Knight runs into the middle of the map, casts Phantom (about 50) which charge straight into the enemy. On Turn 1, the AI will pretty much swarm this unit which gives you time for ragebox/ranged units. Turn 2, out pops another 50 Knights. :grin:

Gatts
10-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Yep - do you guys realize that you are crating direct road to hell? ( Phantom will be taken as OVERPOWERED and with the next patch / update we are all doomed... well, as I was not trusting phantom due its low power from Homm 5, I didn't adopt this strategy right now :rolleyes:)

k9burn
10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Bah, just use fireballs and lightning and mop up everything!

Sacrifice is my 'resurrect'.

Endless swordsmen anyone?

Solkarnar
10-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Well, is this not the exact same what Danielsan2000 stated already?

He said teleport to the middle, but imo upgrade Teleport to level 3 and teleport right INTO the enemy lines, drop a Glot's Armour on it and let it pwn.

Follow up next turn with a Pain Mirror for more fireworks. :-P