PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to find hidden treasure of pirate lord?

hickmanj
10-03-2008, 03:44 AM
The pirate you have to get the dwarven maps from hints at having a vast hidden treasure - is there any way or quest path (kill him, give him 100k, kill redbeard etc.) that leads to the discovery of the treasure at some point?

Wanted to know before I slit his piratey throat :)

J

Swindley
10-03-2008, 03:47 AM
I just killed him, very satisfying:P
And easiest sollution, don't have to travel back and forth:P

But it did make me fail that quest from redbeard actually, about talking to him about some treasure or something so I'm sure there's a better sollution.. But I guess killing redbeard also fails that so we're left with paying 100k?:>
________
vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

hickmanj
10-03-2008, 04:01 AM
You can kill him and get the maps but then, when searching the castle, the game alludes to a hidden treasure....

so I'm wondering if anyone actually found this treasure somehow - or is it just in there to make you sweat ? :)

(I love this game)

J

Gatts
10-03-2008, 07:05 AM
You can kill him and get the maps but then, when searching the castle, the game alludes to a hidden treasure....

so I'm wondering if anyone actually found this treasure somehow - or is it just in there to make you sweat ? :)

(I love this game)

J

Well, I tried to read all dialougues and hints very carefully for x times (at least 4 times I tried my best) but no clue besides the pop up after the combat hinted to such treasure.

Maybe it will be added in patch or not at all... ever... sob sob

ureal
10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I just killed him, very satisfying:P
And easiest sollution, don't have to travel back and forth:P

But it did make me fail that quest from redbeard actually, about talking to him about some treasure or something so I'm sure there's a better sollution.. But I guess killing redbeard also fails that so we're left with paying 100k?:>

Dam I killed him too and the castle told me there was very little treasure. Then when i went to redbeard, he told me i was an idiot and we wont ever be able to find the treasure. So i reloaded 2 hours back and in the process of trying to do the quest again.

Btw any of you guys buy a key for 20k only to unlock the crypt and the guy runs off with no treasures?
Or the story about how a ship crashed into a village and sank and now a ghost supposedly comes out at night time in that area?
I'm trying to figure these 2 out any help would be awesome.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 03:35 PM
The key is blood of his enemies (he got real funny name) and you can find him on the same map - attack him win, get XP, Money and I think even some artefact.

You can buy a scroll of "lighter than water" or something like that from local mage - than just search for part on the map where houses are under water and sail there for a while - the scroll will work automatically - you will be asked to use the scroll and voila-black gold ship is above water - you will get some reward and be able to buy undead army from that ship.

About the ever-in undead at night-changing ship - if you will fight them at night - you will get some XP/Money, but I advise to return when they are in "human" form, get them the right stuff from the temple and this way you can get more XP and Money...

Tibster
10-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Explore man this is the name of the game!
Dont worry ist all on the Estern Islands!

Amamake
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Btw any of you guys buy a key for 20k only to unlock the crypt and the guy runs off with no treasures?
Or the story about how a ship crashed into a village and sank and now a ghost supposedly comes out at night time in that area?
I'm trying to figure these 2 out any help would be awesome.

It was 50k for me :shock:

Massive spoilers, do not read, unless you lost all hope finding this out by yourself:

You can find the guy from the crypt on Eastern Islands.

About the ghost ship: yes, you can find it. Talk to the mage in eastern area of the Islands.

Here is another one: after the initiation to the Pirate Brotherhood and doing some quests there, one the pirates tells you a story of an artifact, kept by the orks [It never appears in the quest log]. You can find it underneath the ork embassy here, on the Islands.