PDA

View Full Version : KB Encyclopedia and enhanced Map

aaaaa
10-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I think that we need kind of interactive encyclopedia of each creatures, stats, talents, skills, spells, items, and etc. These informations should be available in-game for easier browsing while gaming. Two or more creatures should be able to be compared side by side.

I also wish in-game map to be improved. Once hero has explored the area and met the NPC there, the map should have location of the NPC, especially quest giver, buildings, stores, and other geographical game informations. Map should be able to be magnified/zoomed up to accommodate and display these detailed informations without mouse clicking or mouse over.
The castle or store information should include shop keeper and creatures currently available for hire and, for castle, garrisoned units.

Civpedia of Civilization 4 series game was great tools to enjoy the game to full extent.

Lastly, I'd like to have some provision on game interface for user modding. Like way to add new buttons for custom information pop-up screen without affecting existing ones. If dev team does such provisions, modders out there will come up with various interface mods and they will work in harmony without conflict each other.

Daedalus
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
nice idea, although the comparing isn't needed imo, just an encyclopedia with encountered monsters, spells and maps will do :)

Gatts
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Map complaints again :) - these youngsters, they probably never used square paper with pencil and eraser... now they have the option to create their own notes in da map, still they want that the game will even this do it for them.
Credits of this game ends with :" And a big bow to the founders..." (check the rest yourselves) How can you expect that such critical article of the old games like having map in head (more stupid palyers like me on the paper) would be removed so easily. Still the automap is great, detailed and easy viewable. For other maps like gremlin castle - (it is not big and very logically sorted, but if you feel lost like me first time, try the old ways to understand the full fun of the games of ancient times... )

For Encyclopedia - I wanted this as well, till I found the Fan Manual (yes, it is still in russian, but soon... you will have your encyclopedia... or if you speak russian/more important READ, you are sorted, man)

Quantos
10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I think this sounds more like a wiki page. So aaaaaaa get started.

player1
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
What I think would be great, if there was "unit locator". You select., for example, Royal Snakes and game shows at current map where they are available (as long as you visited location).