PDA

View Full Version : Boss/Enemy Hero Drops: Unique or Randomized Items/Weapons?

stupidface
10-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I was just thinking that it would be quite a good feature, especially for replay value, if, in the expansion, there was neat loot that you could nab from enemy heroes or bosses that you defeat.

For example, the Krakken might always drop an awesome harpoon - or, alternatively, he might drop either the harpoon or a dwarven diving helmet or a mysterious necklace. Likewise for enemy heroes, though of course their items would be less powerful.

I think that this would be a good incentive to try to beat bosses and enemy heroes earlier instead of waiting until they are easy, and the randomization of loot would also give some replay value.

dionisus1122
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
More unique loot/items would be good in general

ThyrsaM
10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Uniques are always nice, but they should be carefull whilst implementing those to not make items too powerfull.
I really hope an expansion will come for this game.

player1
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
What I miss is some artifact drops from other heroes that populate the game.

Currently they only give some experience and gold. It would be much cooler if they had some items related to their background.

splattergirl
11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I played on normal and never ever got any drop from any enemy hero, mini boss or boss.

Kosiciel
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Beacause there are no drops now. It would be great to implement this.

Gatts
11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Drops would be great.

Still in the original KB tL I always had issue that I owned many many items (in impossible not, I had to sell most of them in first half of da game), still in general this was true.
I would love to have some "magic box" like was in Diablo 2 expansion, where I would place i.e. 3 artefacts of similar level + 100K money and get new (one) random artefact of same level.

Even if the artefacts I would so get would not be to my liking, still I would at least have much fewer artefacts in total and have some excitement in "hoping for better tomorrow" - when wondering what artefact I will get of the box....

vicheron
11-24-2008, 10:16 AM
If they're going to keep the random drops then they really should have an item creation feature that lets you make your own artifacts.

kromberg
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
If they're going to keep the random drops then they really should have an item creation feature that lets you make your own artifacts.

+1.

Lathspell
12-12-2008, 01:13 AM
I'd rather have random drops from bosses, but something like 3-4-5 possible items, all of them on the same level. It at least gives you hope of getting something good for your class/style of play. For example if a unique drop would give you intellect and mana and I'm a warrior, I could consider avoiding that boss entirely, except maybe for the experience and gold. But if one of the drops would be a killer axe, I'd go and keep my fingers crossed for it. Randomness is good. Makes the game more fun and adds to replay value.

aghiuta
02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Drops for heroes/bosses are really needed. All the work put in for their background and special appearance should be backed up with some looting of their beheaded bodies :D. As they are now they are just an experience boost and not that worth hunting for.