PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Treasures?

Agrippa
02-19-2014, 05:53 PM
I've browsed through a few pages and haven't seen any mods that add an option to always highlight the hidden treasures. I'm talking about the beam of light that shines on hidden treasures as you pass through *slowly.* Rather than crawl through the game at an ungodly slow pace, I just want the beams of light to always show. Is this possible?

Sir Whiskers
02-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I've browsed through a few pages and haven't seen any mods that add an option to always highlight the hidden treasures. I'm talking about the beam of light that shines on hidden treasures as you pass through *slowly.* Rather than crawl through the game at an ungodly slow pace, I just want the beams of light to always show. Is this possible?

In the "params.txt" file in Ses.kfs, you can modify the search radius. I'm not sure what the max value is, but I suspect you can make it large enough to fill an entire screen. That would mean every time you stop moving, you'd see any hidden chests on the screen.

Rather than modding the game, you can simply press the "D" key (for "dig") as you move, which will automatically dig up any chests you pass by. I've found this is simple enough that I rarely miss a chest and don't have to constantly stop to look for the beam of light.

Agrippa
02-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Thank you. Changing the search range to 999 was probably overkill, but it shows all the hidden treasures on my screen at least. I couldn't find it, but I read in another post that there's a dig range somewhere in params. Does anyone know where that is?