10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
This a thread about full sets bonuses.

so far i have found 2 in the game version 1.64

to see bonus press info on the item in hero screen

ogre set (+2000 leadership):
ogre club
ogre belt
ogre sandals

knight set (hire 20% more troops : swordsmen,guardsmen,knights,horsemen)
knights sword
tournament helmet
knights cuirais
knights boots
knights shield

LiveInABox
10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
those dont seem like great bonuses for having full sets..

megakill
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
2000 leadership sounds like a good bonus for me :-)
The second set is crappy, I agree

kennec
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
ye they are crappy mid lvl sets.

anyone found any better sets?

BigBoss
10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
For me seems good bonus for full set, it depends what are u play, mage/paladin/warrior .

jake21
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Has anyone actually found a set? I just finished the dwarf area and I've only found one item to one set.... Unless there is a glut of items later on I don't think I will be finding any sets :)

ye they are crappy mid lvl sets.

anyone found any better sets?

kennec
10-01-2008, 05:55 PM
i found a piece to a small set a few moments ago

+5 to attack and defence of vampires
:
cloak of shadows
vampire ring

Fate
10-02-2008, 05:49 AM
I think both the set bonus listed in the first post is pretty useful. However, i think the fact that is is a set bonus restrict its usefulness. Being in a set means you can't remove any single piece. There are times where you want to swap a piece out for some reason or another but doing so will make your troops out of control. I would rather get a set that don't give leadership or leadership affecting bonus.

Anyway, it is not as if i could get a set. Given the random nature, the complete set may not even be available. The vampire set i think i saw before. I bought the cloak but i didn't buy the ring since i don't use vampire.

ThyrsaM
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I kinda like the 2000 leadership bonus.

kennec
10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
+10 rage

spear of rage
rage sign
rage predator

Swindley
10-03-2008, 04:52 AM
I use a set atm that gives me a pretty decent bonus..

It's that bandana thingy that gives 8 rage combined with a regalia for +10% xp.
And the set bonus it another +5% xp.

With 1 point in that talent it's a total +25% xp which is really really nice actually:)
________
silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)
________
Cavalier (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_Cavalier)

Gatts
10-03-2008, 08:12 AM
I use a set atm that gives me a pretty decent bonus..

It's that bandana thingy that gives 8 rage combined with a regalia for +10% xp.
And the set bonus it another +5% xp.

With 1 point in that talent it's a total +25% xp which is really really nice actually:)

At the early beginning absolutely, later on less, and at the near end it has like negaive add-on value, as instead of getting more XP you could have higher morale, or if you prefer archers, than +100%DMG from the scope + 1 morale from the beer jug -> togehter you get +30%critical (so if you use other morale bonsues for dwarves - canoneers become lethal even for black dragons :) with +3 in outrage this is the ultimate advantage)

Sadly I don't prefer shooting army...

KuPPeRz
10-03-2008, 09:40 PM
The Knight set is good once you are a high level. Thats alot more troops. I havent gotten everything for it yet, I still need the sword and that is all. Anyone know where to get the sword?

kennec
10-04-2008, 11:57 AM
The Knight set is good once you are a high level. Thats alot more troops. I havent gotten everything for it yet, I still need the sword and that is all. Anyone know where to get the sword?

most items are random in game. only items gained from other heroes and mosnter stacks are pre writtin in game i belive.

i got sword and armour but the others.

kennec
10-04-2008, 01:01 PM
elven set
+1 morale to elfs

:
elven crown
elven bow
silver mail
silver horn

PHJF
10-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Total randomization is pretty damn stupid. I've literally only come across one or two set items AT ALL in 25 levels.

Archlord_James
10-05-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree random items and troops is kinda annoying and frustrating, so far ive only been lucky enough to find one set and lucky me its perfect for my mage it gives intellect, mana, and +2 mana regen per round and that stacks with concentration so i get +8 mana gained per round.

Bandage of Conentration

Monk Belt

Pilgrim boots

Gives +2 mana regen per round besides the item bonuses to intellect and mana.

tvez
10-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I completed the giant set, and loved it. All the items were good anyway, and since I used ogres as the main HTH killer, no big sacrifice.

sandals: +1 move to giants/ogres, and i think a defense bonus
belt: +4 defense
club: +4 attack, +20 percent damage to giants/ogres

One problem, though, lies in the club. It loses 2 percent morale everytime you use it. So after 25 fights, it revolts-- and, you guessed it, you lose 2000 leadership.

Which means that if you're out in a dungeon when that happenes, all of your troops are now out of control. THis REALLY sucks.... i think it was an oversight by the devs. You basically have to go back to a castle and try to put some troops in storage, or dismiss a full 2000 leadership worth of troops from several stacks, before going in to subdue the club again.

Swindley
10-07-2008, 07:12 AM
At the early beginning absolutely, later on less, and at the near end it has like negaive add-on value, as instead of getting more XP you could have higher morale, or if you prefer archers, than +100%DMG from the scope + 1 morale from the beer jug -> togehter you get +30%critical (so if you use other morale bonsues for dwarves - canoneers become lethal even for black dragons :) with +3 in outrage this is the ultimate advantage)

Sadly I don't prefer shooting army...

I don't use any of those items.. I used the set untill about lvl 25, then is switched to more usefull gear.. But it made me finish the game at lvl 30, since I had the +25% bonus xp allmost entire game (10% from the mind skill as well)
________
Ffm Babysitter (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/532/babysitter/videos/1)

kennec
10-22-2008, 11:37 AM
rage belt end technical manual gives +15% xp

very good imo

laffwis
10-22-2008, 05:12 PM
i think sets are quite unworthy in that game compared to RPGs like Diablo (i know kings bounty is a different genre but still they could have reward you with better bonusses for collecting all the items). and using sets you are really bound to that combination and cant mix. thats a pain. so i better go without and you really find better items later in the game.

Hazimel
10-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I have the following set:

Telescope: Multiply X2 Attak of archers using device ( such as Bowmen, Cannonneers, Catapult..)

Barrel of Dwarven Ale - +1 morale of Dwarves

Bonus set: +30% chances of critical hit for archers.

This is pretty good for an Army of Archers

Fate
10-24-2008, 05:45 AM
This is so overpowered. I wish i had that set.

jake21
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Sadly I had that set but couldn't use it because by the time I obtained it my current (and last wife) could not equip the item (i.e, i had no method to equip both the barrel and telescope :(

This is so overpowered. I wish i had that set.