PDA

View Full Version : 20+Hours wasted

Robert2345
10-01-2008, 03:05 AM
Is there any fix for this or way out Im seeing?

Playing Kings Bounty the Legend. Have 20+ playing hours in. I went in the mage testing grounds in Arlania, the area where you have to pay 5k Gold to get in. I beat the 1 mob that was in there. Now there are 3 altars to visit, each 1 spawns mobs that are overpowering to me, and try as I might I cannot beat them.

The bad thing is, there is no way out! I cant leave the area, and when I die , it just takes me to the load screen. Silly me, dont have a back up saved either. Is there a way out Im missing, or am I screwed?

phoenixreborn
10-01-2008, 03:07 AM
Not even an autosave from your last castle visit?

Suporex
10-01-2008, 03:23 AM
try autosave

wargamerjack
10-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Well m you only lose troops , there are no penalty on experience :)

darthmaul
10-01-2008, 04:41 AM
You don't have to fight them evade them...try it at least i did it they are all in the center there is lot of free space around them...also you can flee from battle you will lose all the army but the king will give you realy nice cash to buy it again its in the lower left corner right next to autobattle..

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 06:21 AM
20 hours??? no back up saves?? that is crazy.. i rarely overwrite save slots (it's not like they take up a lot of space).. and i save every 10 mins since KB crashes so much for me...

BigBoss
10-01-2008, 07:35 AM
In the first place u don't waste your time because if u lose a battle u will get back to castle but u loose all army, u have autosave and u can dodge the 3 guardians.

GL

ThyrsaM
10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
No savegames? I save before every battle, since the games tends to crash during batlles. In the open world it never ever crashes. Saving is the way to go.

ostwind
10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
lol something similar happened to me i was a mage alos, but one strat that i found useful in those sticky situations if you have the spell invisibility and the poison cloud (rage) then dismiss all your creatures except one and during combat invis ur unit and cast rage. Thats how i did it hope it helps.

Btw i had rage and mana potions that i used before combat.

PHJF
10-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Like somebody else said, just activate the altars and avoid the enemies. I think I fought the first group and upon realizing there were more just dodged the other two, ninja-style.

bugmenot
10-07-2008, 12:48 AM
i save every 10 mins since KB crashes so much for me...

Odd? I've played maybe about 20 hours, never crashed once, and I alt-tab a lot (which many games have trouble with).

Maybe bad mods or drivers? The only mods I'm using are bman's camera zoom and the really, really handy Interface mod.

Using version 1.64b7
________
starcraft II replays (http://screplays.com)

ostwind
10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
even if u dodge can u escape from the magical portal? I doubt that.