PDA

View Full Version : Items morale

Tigivo
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Anyone can explain me how items morale works? My items mortale drops from each battle to another and i have to suppres them quite often. Sometimes its hard when item cost is 30k+ (or even impossible).

Amamake
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
In my current game I have this "Snake Ring" item that upgraded itself :confused: after I recruited Royal Snakes into my army and won a few battles.

Then I noticed, that every time my Inquisitors cast a Resurrection spell on Royal Snakes, item morale increases +2. And every time I fight snakes it decreases by considerable amount.

All that is probably very obvious, but I never realized that items could actually upgrade themselves.

megakill
09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Usually there would be a detailed description for an upradable item. Some items need you to fight through X amount of battles for example and then they will ugrade. Others - you need to fight against the item keepers. Some items can be upgraded 4-5 times as far as I remember.

LiveInABox
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
In my current game I have this "Snake Ring" item that upgraded itself :confused: after I recruited Royal Snakes into my army and won a few battles.

Then I noticed, that every time my Inquisitors cast a Resurrection spell on Royal Snakes, item morale increases +2. And every time I fight snakes it decreases by considerable amount.

All that is probably very obvious, but I never realized that items could actually upgrade themselves.

I have that snake ring but the keepers are too tough for me atm. I have royal snakes as well and it hasnt upgraded itself yet. im a warrior though so dont really need it. do u know if the selling price of items increases if they are upgraded? im guessing yes..

Nike-it
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I have that snake ring but the keepers are too tough for me atm. I have royal snakes as well and it hasnt upgraded itself yet. im a warrior though so dont really need it. do u know if the selling price of items increases if they are upgraded? im guessing yes..

Yes, the price increases.

Sleeping Sun
09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
usually all 'quasiliving' items (i mean items that have morale) are made by a certain race, so if you fight against this race, the morale of the artifact falls

chriscampo99
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
So I got the Dragon Slayer Sword which is great, but you have to suppress the gremlins inside it so it doesn't effect your attack morale (otherwise it SEVERELY drops your attack lvl).. I was wondering if anyone knew if you have to keep doing this occasionally or if it is a one time deal?

Sleeping Sun
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
So I got the Dragon Slayer Sword which is great, but you have to suppress the gremlins inside it so it doesn't effect your attack morale (otherwise it SEVERELY drops your attack lvl).. I was wondering if anyone knew if you have to keep doing this occasionally or if it is a one time deal?

I don't remember which race made this sword, but the supressing only heightens the morale of the artifact so you can use it's bonuses, it does not prevent from falling again if you will be constsntly fighting against the race that crafted this sword

DaviddesJ
09-30-2008, 07:29 PM
So, you could unequip the item in those fights against forces that will lower its morale? Or even carry around two weapons?

Or does the morale get lowered even if you're just carrying it, not wielding it?

Sleeping Sun
09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
So, you could unequip the item in those fights against forces that will lower its morale? Or even carry around two weapons?

Or does the morale get lowered even if you're just carrying it, not wielding it?

You can unequip the item so its morale won't suffer, though, it will be hard to keep it in mind every time=)
No, you cannot carry dual weapons

chriscampo99
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't remember which race made this sword, but the supressing only heightens the morale of the artifact so you can use it's bonuses, it does not prevent from falling again if you will be constsntly fighting against the race that crafted this sword

the dragon slayer sword loses morale when NOT fighting dragons.. when you fight against them, the item morale shoots through the roof! otherwise i think you have to suppress the gremlins every so often to keep the item's morale at 50/50

DaviddesJ
09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
No, you cannot carry dual weapons

Huh? Why not? If I can un-equip the item to prevent its morale from suffering when I fight certain monsters, then why can't I carry a secondary weapon in my inventory to equip when I do that?

chriscampo99
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
i think he just means you can't have two equipped at the same time.. you can carry as many as you like in your inventory and equip/unequip them whenever you please.

Daedalus
10-01-2008, 06:11 AM
the warrior can equip 2 weapons though =)

Sleeping Sun
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Huh? Why not? If I can un-equip the item to prevent its morale from suffering when I fight certain monsters, then why can't I carry a secondary weapon in my inventory to equip when I do that?

No, you can have only one weapon in hand at a time, but you still can easily store other weapons in your inventory

DaviddesJ
10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
No, you can have only one weapon in hand at a time, but you still can easily store other weapons in your inventory

So, I'm getting confused by the responses here. The original question was: If you have an artifact that loses morale when fighting particular foes, is it effective and logical to carry a second weapon that you can switch to before fighting those foes? Is anyone saying that won't work?

I guess it could be a problem if your primary weapon adds leadership, and you switch to a weapon that reduces your leadership so you can't control your forces. Anything else?

Fate
10-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Short answer.
Items in the inventory are treated as if they do not exist.

Anyway, anyone know if high morale do anything?

Sleeping Sun
10-02-2008, 04:50 AM
So, I'm getting confused by the responses here. The original question was: If you have an artifact that loses morale when fighting particular foes, is it effective and logical to carry a second weapon that you can switch to before fighting those foes? Is anyone saying that won't work?

I guess it could be a problem if your primary weapon adds leadership, and you switch to a weapon that reduces your leadership so you can't control your forces. Anything else?

it all depends on you) I used two swords in the beginning of the game (normal sword and a rapier with hit bonus when fighting against undead), in the late stages I was carrying only one weapon, 'cause i was constantly forgetting about the need for switching from one type to another) what is more, none of the artifacts is vital for playing, so i did not panic when my arcmage's staff morale was about 30 and dealt with its gremlins only when i wanted to))

DaviddesJ
10-02-2008, 04:53 AM
what is more, none of the artifacts is vital for playing, so i did not panic when my arcmage's staff morale was about 30 and dealt with its gremlins only when i wanted to))

Are they more important at the highest difficulty? Or not really?

Sleeping Sun
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Are they more important at the highest difficulty? Or not really?

More, but imo still are not worth paying special attention to them. If i found useful artifact - it's good; if i didn't - i didn't really care (this was on hard difficulty. didn't play impossible). Usually i took only one thing that had a morale with me - it was that archmage's staff. In all other cases i preferred to wear things with smaller bonuses but without morale

DaviddesJ
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
More, but imo still are not worth paying special attention to them. If i found useful artifact - it's good; if i didn't - i didn't really care (this was on hard difficulty. didn't play impossible).

I was asking about "impossible". I already know that "hard" is quite easy.

Shd
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I was asking about "impossible". ....

They are not vital even in impossible, but absolutely without artifacts it is difficult to play (your looses will be high). But it all depends on playstyle, artifacts gives about 30-40% of stats improvements average.

Shd
10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Ok. Some translation from fan (http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/info/KB_manual_1.6.4.zip) guide about artifacts with morale:

there are not all items with morale, i just dont have time today anymore (sorry :) ). Items with no parameter "Starting morale" means it is 50.

Info contains spoilers, so read that if you want to read (wrote in white) :)

P.S. Any help about translating is welcome. If you found mistakes in translation then let me know.

P.P.S. That guide is excellent. Thanks to authors :)

"Snake ring": +1 int.
Starting morale: 50
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 5 if there is snakes in enemy army
When morale reaches 100 ring turns to "Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison damage to all snakes

"Ring of snake king" +3 int. +3 poison
Increasing by 2 if there is snakes in your army
Decreasing by 10 if there is snakes in enemy army

"Treatise of tactics" +10% exp (part of "general set")
never increases morale
decreasing by 3 if you have less than 5 might runes

"Steam armor" +30% attack +30% defense (calculating from base value) -1 speed
never increases morale
decreasing by 5 after every fight

"Wizard mantle" +20 mana +30% magic resistance (gives absolute resistance resistance (not 30% from base resistance))
Increasing by 6 for 6 magic crystals
Decreasing by -CkassK*IntK where
ClassK=1 (mage), 2 (paladin), 3 (warrior)
IntK = 3 (intellect<10), 2 (intellect<20), 1 (intellect>=20)

"Ogre club" +4 attack, +20% attack for ogres and giants
Starting morale=45
never increases morale
Decreasing by 2 after every fight

"Sword of balance" +5 attack (at morale 100 upgrades to "Sword of light", at morale 0 upgrades to "sword of darkness")
Starting morale=50
Increasing by 5 if there was undead or demons in enemy army
Decreasing by 5 if there was humans or elves in enemy army

Archlord_James
10-05-2008, 08:19 AM
The key is to use your morale items wisely and sparingly. For example I have Mantle of Wizardry. Gives +30% resistance to magic and spell damage and +20 mana. However it loses morale when killing humans and if your not a mage. Im a mage so thats not a problem, but for example when I went to islands of freedom, most of the fights there are versus human pirates and none of them except bosses even cast spells. Rather than leaving the armor on I swapped it with a non-living (non-moral) cloak that gives +3 INT. The spell resistance was useless vs pirates anyways they didnt tend to cast fireballs on me if u know what i mean. I put the cloak on for bosses, but even the bosses mostly used order and distortion spells like haste mostly so In hindsight i should have saved the moral and left on the cloak of +3 INT. The +20 mana was nice but its not worth having to supress the item over and over and besides +3 INT is nice too so I do fine. When used correctly though vs a hero that throws a lot of fireballs on your army this mantle was invaluable and should be equipped no matter if u lose a little moral or not.

Basically you should have a basic set of general purpose non living items that give decent bonuses for u to where most of the time. And then when a tough boss fight or hero fight approaches u can put on your good stuff and choose wisely to counter what they use. Also as long as your not losing moral feel free to wear the best stuff whenever possible. Just be smart about it. Dont wear wizards mantle when your not fighting wizards and killing pirates. Dont wear a snake ring when your killing tons of snakes in the swamps. Choose your gear based on the region your fighting in.

Hope that helps you guys.

PHJF
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I was using Archmage's Staff, as a mage, for a while, and it had 70 morale or something (it's default).

When I entered the land of the dead, I noticed it had 0 morale somehow. So I suppressed it back to 100, and it hasn't changed yet, and i've done land of dead mehgard and demon portal.

jwallstone
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Man, that's too bad about the Mantle of Wizardry. I was so happy to have upgraded it all the way, but now it rebels every 4-5 battles. That sucks. I should have just left it at its second level. I think it's a lot of savegames ago, but maybe I'll go back.

It looks like there's no way to increase morale. It just goes down?

BB Shockwave
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
The key is to use your morale items wisely and sparingly. For example I have Mantle of Wizardry. Gives +30% resistance to magic and spell damage and +20 mana. However it loses morale when killing humans and if your not a mage. Im a mage so thats not a problem, but for example when I went to islands of freedom, most of the fights there are versus human pirates and none of them except bosses even cast spells. Rather than leaving the armor on I swapped it with a non-living (non-moral) cloak that gives +3 INT. The spell resistance was useless vs pirates anyways they didnt tend to cast fireballs on me if u know what i mean. I put the cloak on for bosses, but even the bosses mostly used order and distortion spells like haste mostly so In hindsight i should have saved the moral and left on the cloak of +3 INT. The +20 mana was nice but its not worth having to supress the item over and over and besides +3 INT is nice too so I do fine. When used correctly though vs a hero that throws a lot of fireballs on your army this mantle was invaluable and should be equipped no matter if u lose a little moral or not.

Basically you should have a basic set of general purpose non living items that give decent bonuses for u to where most of the time. And then when a tough boss fight or hero fight approaches u can put on your good stuff and choose wisely to counter what they use. Also as long as your not losing moral feel free to wear the best stuff whenever possible. Just be smart about it. Dont wear wizards mantle when your not fighting wizards and killing pirates. Dont wear a snake ring when your killing tons of snakes in the swamps. Choose your gear based on the region your fighting in.

Hope that helps you guys.

On the other hand, for a Mage with Intellect over 20, the Mantle only decreases morale by 1 after every fight. Since you need to be of a middle level (around 15) anyway to have upgraded the mantle from the first two stages, supressing it after 45 battles won't be a problem.

Supressing items is a great thing for getting gold and experience too. I do it often - when I see an upgradable item for sale that I already have, I buy them and fight the keepers to upgrade and sell it. Also I'm constantly fighting against the Tactics Treatize, it's not a hard battle (you can kill the Gremlin towers with a Level III. Geyser and then shoot down the slowed Knights), it's good XP.

Only thing I don't like about Keeper battles is that apparently, they do not count as regular battles for items that need X victories to upgrade.