PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Thomas Cook's Heir?? (spoiler)

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I chose the youngest son and recieved the map to the diamond, ice snake and magic spring scrolls, and the fish troops.. wondering what happens when you choose the other brothers... anybody?

jake21
09-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I chose the youngest son and recieved the map to the diamond, ice snake and magic spring scrolls, and the fish troops.. wondering what happens when you choose the other brothers... anybody?

Gee. I chose him too and all I got a diamond. How did you get the nice scrolls (he only sold crap mobs/scrolls to me).

Sandsai
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Gee. I chose him too and all I got a diamond. How did you get the nice scrolls (he only sold crap mobs/scrolls to me).

I believe the stuff he sells is random within a fixed range, just like all other merchants.

kennec
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
i got sactifice or rescurect at him, cant remember

chriscampo99
09-29-2008, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE= Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Gee. I chose him too and all I got a diamond. How did you get the nice scrolls (he only sold crap mobs/scrolls to me).[/QUOTE]

What is the benefit of the diamond? I actually decided to go back and choose the 'strong' brother john, since you get access to all three brothers shops. It basically boiled down to the diamond or a really cool scroll John had in his shop. I chose the scroll so was wondering what the diamond's benefit is besides $$$, if any.

Zhuangzi
09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
The diamond is worth 50,000 gold. I have heard that money isn't an issue on Medium so you might think twice about this. Also, you will need to make sure you have fully upgraded your barter skill (Mind tree) to get full value from this. As a Hard Paladin, I found that the diamond was very nice indeed. I always need the money. I chose the young brother as well and the Diamond is all I got.

daydreamer
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
I've chosen the eldest brother. That made the shops of all three brothers available to me. The eldest had a nice item if I remember correctly.
Also the elder brother said something about killing the other two brothers if you'd choose him, so I don't see how that would benefit you. Unless you would be the one carrying out the task (exp + gold reward from fights).