PDA

View Full Version : Spells (not scrolls) dissapear. Any way to get them back?

Ermac
09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
After multiple lost battles and returning to saves i noticed that my "Necro's call" spell is gone. (not scroll, i made it into a solid spell) I also didn't receive the "source of mana" spell/scroll or something by similar name after the turtle fight later, even though it said i did.

Now, i don't know about the second one, but necro's call was the only way to get higher tier undead creatures for me at the moment, because shops so far only sell ghosts and zombies, and graves are limited.

Since i had overwritten my saves, i wanted to ask: Is there any other quest, or place i can get Necro's call from, or should i start playing the game from scratch to get the spell back? :/

Thanks in advance, and i might as well add that the game is awesome :)

hawker
09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Are you sure it's gone? Perhaps you've chosen the "bookmark" in the book with Chaos spells or somesuch, which Necro call doesn't fall under. Make sure the book is set to show all the spells.

Ermac
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Nope, i checked the spellbook multiple times, im positive it's not there :/

And could it really be that there's only one event in the whole game where you can get it? I mean what if someone hadn't checked the lost chronicles and didn't found it? Or used it up as a scroll without making a spell?

I don't think the creators would leave such holes in the design..

Nike-it
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Nope, i checked the spellbook multiple times, im positive it's not there :/

And could it really be that there's only one event in the whole game where you can get it? I mean what if someone hadn't checked the lost chronicles and didn't found it? Or used it up as a scroll without making a spell?

I don't think the creators would leave such holes in the design..

The scrolls are placed randomly, so you have a chance to find it anywhere.

Ermac
09-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok, hopefully i will then :)

Tibster
09-29-2008, 01:44 PM
If u are a mag u can use the "cronicles of the lost town" and u will get that spell!

Ermac
09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
If u are a mag u can use the "cronicles of the lost town" and u will get that spell!

Yeah, thats where i got it from originally before i lost it..

Imperial Dane
09-29-2008, 03:14 PM
wait.. there is a spell called source of mana ?

jake21
09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Around what level are you suppose to obtain "chronicles of the lost town?". I'm level 13 or 14. I just killed the baron in the mines. I've seen vague hints of a lost town - I have not completed the ?third quest? for the mage guild (find rare animals) mostly because I have not found cyclops for sale yet (I killed quite a few in the mine but did not find any i could take back).

Anyways no real spoilers please - I just want to know if I missed something or if I simply havent' gotten there yet.

Ermac
09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyways no real spoilers please - I just want to know if I missed something or if I simply havent' gotten there yet.

Yeah, you should have done it already.. Though now i don't remember whether you get the quest in the starting town or the verlon forest.. Either way it involves visiting a witch in swamp and a crypt in the graveyard, you get an item you have to bring back to the mages and it has "necro's call" inside which is the spell i lost.

wait.. there is a spell called source of mana ? Something along those lines, yes. When i killed the turtle and made that connection thing it said i wrote down 2 spells. One of them i already had, and the other was "Source of [something]" (mana or energy i dont remember..) However i found nothing like that in my spellbook afterwards.

So anyway i still hope that at a certain point in the game there will be a second undead area (perhaps the lost town) where they will sell Necro's Call.. Otherwise my chances of getting it randomly out of all the spells are kinda slim.

jake21
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh. I did that. I did/do have the spell - just didn't remember where I had acquired it :)

I still have it but haven't decided if I should scribe it - unsure if there is a limit to scribed spells...

[read on !!!]

I don't remember getting any spells when I "killed the turtle". I certainly do not have "source of anything" in my spell book.

Is there a second fight with the turtle or did I miss something ?

[There was some text when i fought the turtle but it scrolled off the screen to the right [another wonderful bug]. Did you kill the turtle or let it live (I think you have to let it live.]

Yeah, you should have done it already.. Though now i don't remember whether you get the quest in the starting town or the verlon forest.. Either way it involves visiting a witch in swamp and a crypt in the graveyard, you get an item you have to bring back to the mages and it has "necro's call" inside which is the spell i lost.

Something along those lines, yes. When i killed the turtle and made that connection thing it said i wrote down 2 spells. One of them i already had, and the other was "Source of [something]" (mana or energy i dont remember..) However i found nothing like that in my spellbook afterwards.

So anyway i still hope that at a certain point in the game there will be a second undead area (perhaps the lost town) where they will sell Necro's Call.. Otherwise my chances of getting it randomly out of all the spells are kinda slim.

stupidface
09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I really need resurrection and necro's call in my game. :( Level 14 Paladin, Hard, just begun fighting around in the Dwarven mines and overland...and I have no more good units to use except for my Evil Beholders. :(

travcm
10-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, if you choose a certain dialogue after talking to the turtle it says you receive "1 Source of Mana and 1 Last Hero Scroll". I think this must be a bug, as I don't have the source of mana scroll either.

Tibster
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
That is a mistake u get last hero and magic spring!
Prob. something the devs forgot to corect in the translation or over the patching!

Sleeping Sun
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
wait.. there is a spell called source of mana ?

Don't sure if there is such a spell, but it's a special ability of the green dragons (a powerful one)

Tempo
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Yes, Source of Mana is a spell: "Allied stack increases its defense. When it got a damage, a hero receives mana".

Ikarius
10-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Confirming- I defeated the turtle, spoke to it, and got a message indicating that I "scribbled down" two spells from some magic formula the turtle spoke, and they were "Last Hero", and "Source of Magic". Unfortunately, I received no scrolls whatsoever. Looks like a bug. I made sure I had room for scrolls before entering the battle- I was 12/14 before the fight and 12/14 after. I also checked to see if I learned the one new spell and in my inventory, nothing showed up there either.

Ermac
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Finally! I sneaked past the guards into Demonis, and i found a bunch of new cool spells, and one store had Necro's Call too. So yeah, all is well now, and i can get back to raising the dead. Sweet! :)