PDA

View Full Version : Bug Found: Bag of Runes

Jobobn
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM
This information is current as of the latest Steam build (Build 6250).

I've found an incredibly annoying bug that is really causing me problems in my game. When you have a Bag of Runes equipped on your character, your Rune Mages unit will not properly update their number of runes/charges when "Runic Word" is used on them.

Effectively, I will have one stack of Rune Mages cast Runic Word on the other to replenish their number of runes. When I do so, they will not show as having any more charges in their powers than before. After 3+ rounds, they will finally update properly and show 6+ charges for every power (as I've used Runic Word multiple times to try and get it to update properly).

I've tested this multiple times, and it happens consistently when I have the Bag of Runes equipped, but this bug will not happen if the Bag of Runes is not equipped.

I'd love for this to be fixed soon, because, man, it's driving me insane.

Jobobn
11-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Update: Did more testing with this bug, and found the actual culprit.

Turns out that the Bag of Runes is not causing the bug. What does cause it is the existence of phantoms on the battlefield.

Essentially, the Rune Mages' Skills (Create Phantom, Runic Word, etc.) will not update their charges to reflect their actual number of runes so long as a phantom is on the battlefield. This is why I was getting inconsistant updates with their number of charges. When the phantoms they created expired, it would then update their skills, but not before.

If it helps the devs track down this problem, be aware that this problem did not seem to exist when the game first came out. I had preordered the game, and used the Rune Mages extensively then, and this problem had not arisen to the best of my knowledge, so it was most likely introduced in a later patch.

This is a more mitigatable problem, but still very frustrating. I hope this helps anyone else who runs into the same bug.