PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion patch bug?

planespotter
10-23-2013, 07:56 PM
:( :(

I play most offline and I am sorry but this patch is not working with my Desaster Soft Galland campaign.

The enemy aircraft are always crash into the ground, when they dive.

In the readme it says there is a new feature of the controls getting stiffer in a dive, but that must be in a long vertical dive ok not when the enemy is just turning in a dog fight and does loop over. Always on a loop over, the enemy goes into the ground. Always in a short dive, it goes into the ground.

I have gone back to the old patch now until this is fix. I only play single play because my internet sucks (the patch took me 3 hours to download...now i regret)

Where can I report it anyone?

RedToo
10-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Report bugs here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

In the bug tracking and error reporting forum.

This is a known problem with the new Team Fusion patch and the Desastersoft campaigns. TF have tweaked the flight models of the planes and the AI levels that were current when the Desastersoft campaigns were written cannot cope. There may be a workaround, I'm not sure, but the TF forums hosted by ATAG are the place to ask.

RedToo.

planespotter
10-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Thankyou this is very sad. How can they not test this? I guess does they only test for online play and dont care about single player test? Shame they fix so many things and break something so big. Just like the old 1C!

Continu0
10-23-2013, 10:47 PM
They did test it and they knew that bug. They just couldn´t cope with it yet.

And as long as you are using the presets for the KI (Rookie, Veteran, Ace, etc.), you won´t have a problem, because TF adjusted them. there is only a problem when the KI is set up completely manually - like Desastersoft did.

but improving the KI is on their To-Do list and it looks like they can achieve way more than 1C did before...

planespotter
10-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks, I hope too.

Tone71
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Thankyou this is very sad. How can they not test this? I guess does they only test for online play and dont care about single player test? Shame they fix so many things and break something so big. Just like the old 1C!

A bit harsh. For a start, Team Fusion have created a mod, not a patch. What they have achieved is nothing short of amazing and has breathed new life into old bones.

planespotter
10-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes you are right. I was just upset that the mod 4 broke all my campaigns now I had to go back to last mod 3.1.

So mod 4 is only for online for now and I dont like online...so my upset was there.

Not though I paid anything so I know it is rude to complain and now I stop. And hope it fixes.

Tone71
10-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Fair enough. Yes, let's hope they can address these issues :-)

CrusaderOne
10-28-2013, 12:32 AM
AI has been crashing into ground before TF 4 patch for my desastersoft campaigns. Especially around the airfield when returning from mission. they go straight up and then point nose to ground and go in like a lawn dart.

SlipBall
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
AI has been crashing into ground before TF 4 patch for my desastersoft campaigns. Especially around the airfield when returning from mission. they go straight up and then point nose to ground and go in like a lawn dart.

Usually, if they have some type of limitating control from battle damage, the landing won't go well, or even their ride home...its not their intelligence, its in battle key AI crew member killed, and maybe even wounded too, and of course airframe damage.

Flyby
10-30-2013, 06:33 PM
there is a bug reported (over on ATAG) where people encounter online freezes when they try to change planes at a base, or change a load-out. I've been afflicted with this bug myself. The only work-around for me is to accept what ever default plane is at a base, or select another base. When I try to change a plane I usually wind up doing the old keyboard dance (ctl-alt-del). It's a some-times-OK-some-times-not thing. That said, I praise the work Team Fusion has done. The sim is really more beautiful now, and I'm very happy to be flying it.
Flyby out

d.burnette
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
It is my understanding they are addressing the AI behavior described in the hotfix that will be coming for TF4. No idea of timeline, I think those guys are taking a bit of a well deserved break before getting back into it full bore.

Yes it makes offline flying somewhat strange, when one is chasing an AI and it just plummets into the ocean or terrain... I am still flying my offline campaigns and just bearing with it until they get it corrected.