PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 stormovik birds of prey

Redbeard63
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi all,

Well as all of you guys i have seen the new trailer of Il-2 stormovik birds of pray.
The trailer is really good it is safe to say that Birds of prey is the official tittle and bob was just a work tittle.
The big question remains when it is actually going to be realeased.the last 2 years i have hear allot diverd release dates ,and also for this tittle the firts quarter of 2009 is named ya right.
I think it is more likley that the nasa is sending astronaut to mars then when this title is coming out.I actually not bodering anymore when this "hapening" is going to happen .Well will see

Kaptein_Damli
09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

Well as all of you guys i have seen the new trailer of Il-2 stormovik birds of pray.
The trailer is really good it is safe to say that Birds of prey is the official tittle and bob was just a work tittle.
The big question remains when it is actually going to be realeased.the last 2 years i have hear allot diverd release dates ,and also for this tittle the firts quarter of 2009 is named ya right.
I think it is more likley that the nasa is sending astronaut to mars then when this title is coming out.I actually not bodering anymore when this "hapening" is going to happen .Well will see

Dude, look here:

#16 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Anton Yudintsev
Member Join Date: Jun 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw*
My understanding from Olegs comment is the engine was developed from IL-2. Is this not correct? Is it completely new code or does the engine use IL-2 as the basis?

It is completely new code and it is not even evolution of IL-2. Only Flight Model is from original IL-2.

This game is for XBOX 360, using flight model from IL-2. SOW is for PC and is not using the same engine code. Two different games for two different platforms. No BOB engine in Birds of Prey. Homever I suppose Birds of Prey borrows some of the same textures from BOB? Like landscape etc.

brando
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Dig a bit deeper and you will discover that Birds of Prey is the title of a console game soon to be released by a different company. It certainly isn't for PCs, isn't produced by Oleg Maddox, and has very little to do with Storm of War: Battle of Britain, which has a tentative release date of last quarter 2009.

IceFire
09-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Nope...Storm of War: Battle of Britain is a separate product.

Birds of Prey is an arcade title for 360.

WTE_Galway
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Nope...Storm of War: Battle of Britain is a separate product.

Birds of Prey is an arcade title for 360.

Thank god its for the 360 and not the WII. The mind boggles at the idea of a flightsim using the WII controller.

Robert
09-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Thank god its for the 360 and not the WII. The mind boggles at the idea of a flightsim using the WII controller.

I just flew in from France and are my arms tired.

Lodestone
09-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Redbeard try checking out the section in this forum called "Oleg's News", "Oleg's Answers" and Oleg's Room". The information you will find in those threads is far more accurate than whatever you have been reading.

As others have said, Battle of Britain: Storm of War is the new game from 1C. IL-2: Birds of Prey is made by a different company that has licensed the IL-2 engine. They are mutually exclusive projects. SoW is for PC only, BoP is for consoles (and some websites are reporting a PC version in the works as well)

Thunderbolt56
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I just flew in from France and are my arms tired.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Thunderbolt56/adminpoweria7.gif

ghtmatrix
09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
up