PDA

View Full Version : Manual? + Requirements?

Warmskin
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I d/l'd the demo and I'm enjoying this quite a bit so far. I sure would like to have a look at the actual full manual before I buy it... Is there a PDF file or something somewhere for this game (the new 2008 version, of course)? Also, I have a pretty old computer, but the demo seems to run just fine so far. Can I expect the same from the full version once I purchase it? Thanks a lot. And *no*, I am not a pirate. I just want to know before hand if this will work on my machine and *how* the actual mechanics work, because so far, I don't really see any tutorial. Thanks very much.
Old P4 (~ 4 years old), 3.2 GB, 2 GB ram, 7800GS video... First half hour of the demo runs well. Thanks, guys.

luckenbill56
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Warmskin,
I am running the game perfectly well on a system with less everything than your setup. I tried to run the demo on my high end pc and it will not run. Therefore, what can we say except I am baffled, perplexed and amusingly satisfied.

MurzuX
09-28-2008, 02:59 PM
The full version is probably runs just as fine as the demo does, although there may be some better looking places that need more power. There's no real tutorial in the game (except for the training missions in the dungeon), but if you have played Heroes of Might and Magic -series, you'll be familiar with the combat mechanics. Someone with full version could comment about the manual, but for me just playing the demo gave all the basic info I needed. And yes, I'am a HoMM veteran, so the game feels very inuitive and easy to learn from my perspective.

phoenixreborn
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Paper manual doesn't give much. Not even all the keyboard commands.

Warmskin
09-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks very much to all who replied.
To PhoenixReborn: About how many pages in the hard copy manual are there? Appreciate it and thanks again...

phoenixreborn
09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
25 pages.

Getting started
Story
Combat
Creatures
Options
Controls (but only basic)

Tempo
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Full manual is absent in russian version too.

Newbie1234
09-29-2008, 02:20 AM
I've played both the demo and full, and I haven't noticed any difference.