PDA

View Full Version : A doubt regarding ammunitions

marcastel57
04-19-2013, 08:08 AM
In a single belt there are several types of ammunitions, but how can I know their loading sequence? For example, in Bf109 E3's default loadout there are 6 types for every 7,92 mm gun: the first three are spitzgeschoss mit kern, no tracer, still when I pull the trigger I see tracers too. Is the one indicated in the loadout screen the loading sequence, i.e. 3 Sp.m.k, 1 tracer, 2 incendiaries..?

SadoMarxist
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
If You're flying offline you're stuck with the default loadouts unless the mission file specifies differently. If You're flying online remove the rounds which have 'gelb' in their name from the machine gun belts. As far as cannons go, there will always be a smoke trail.

SlipBall
04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
In a single belt there are several types of ammunitions, but how can I know their loading sequence? For example, in Bf109 E3's default loadout there are 6 types for every 7,92 mm gun: the first three are spitzgeschoss mit kern, no tracer, still when I pull the trigger I see tracers too. Is the one indicated in the loadout screen the loading sequence, i.e. 3 Sp.m.k, 1 tracer, 2 incendiaries..?

You don't say which mission

If You're flying offline you're stuck with the default loadouts unless the mission file specifies differently. If You're flying online remove the rounds which have 'gelb' in their name from the machine gun belts. As far as cannons go, there will always be a smoke trail.

This is a very old misconception about the game, so yes "mission file specifies differently" should be done...you can have any load out in any mission, takes but a few minutes to edit to one's liking. Here is a straight AP load out example for marcastel57

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/exampleAPloadout_zpsee4c12d8.jpg

marcastel57
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
You don't say which mission

It doesn't depend on the mission...I would like to have, for example, a loading option with a sequence of one tracer, one incendiary and one "normal" bullet in every 7,92 gun. Is this the sequence that I should save in the guns' page of the loadout screen?

SlipBall
04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
It doesn't depend on the mission...I would like to have, for example, a loading option with a sequence of one tracer, one incendiary and one "normal" bullet in every 7,92 gun. Is this the sequence that I should save in the guns' page of the loadout screen?

Yes you need to create that for each individual aircraft that you would like to have a custom load-out option. Then you would need to load that created loadout for your mission. Stock game missions would need to be edited as to the loadout desired...go ahead to the plane options page and create what you would like, then save as "CCustom" this will leave no doubt in your mind when loading.

SadoMarxist
04-23-2013, 07:11 AM
SlipBall,

Thanks for the insight, I guess it's worth experimenting with.