PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on expansions

Imperial Dane
09-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah i know the game still isn't out here in the west :P But i do believe that work on an expansion is already underway...

And having played the demo and at least got a decent impression i couldn't help but think of things that could go into such one.. of course chances are that they will most likely never be read :-P

But i thought it might be interesting to discuss in between playing the demo and talking about it while we wait for the game to come out :D

Should there be additional heroes ? Skills ? perhaps even a fourth skill tree ? New creatures and such ?

I mean one thing i would like to see would be background descriptions.. which do belive i have already mentioned elsewhere :P So i shan't go into details here.

But generally i liked how there were several variants of certain creatures and units, and i think it would be fun if that could be increased upon, making them much more diverse and interesting.

And i have many more thoughts already now before the game is out here in Denmark (Whenever that is, they don't seem to go for the 23rd of september :confused: )

But i think i'll need some more time with those before i post them here.

Coin-coin le Canapin
09-17-2008, 09:55 PM
More stuff (creatures, spells...) doesn't always improve the gameplay...
It only my opinion, but except some issues you can see while playing only 2 minutes a small portion of the game (camera, pathfinding...) and things that doesn't modify the gameplay (background descriptions...), I don't really see how to talk about things that could be added in the game without playing the entire game.
Of course, I'm not talking about those who played the russian full version.

Imperial Dane
09-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I think you are taking this too seriously and i know that i can't say alot at the moment, hell i have admitted that i haven't played the game but i said i got a decent impression from the demo which lasts a couple of hours, i mean gameplay wise you can at least get an idea...

Stop taking it so seriously ;)

I mean there really isn't much else to discuss until the game is out at the moment.. and i do feel that background descriptions would be a great addition :D In any case i have no belief that any of this will actually be looked at, i'm pretty sure they are more concerned about listening to russian fans right now.. i even think they have a few competetions going actually, as said, yes the game isn't out yet... but the demo does give a fair impression if you ask me.. and yeah more stuff isn't necessarily the way to go, but seeing as to how differently the way units have been, i would say a few ideas could be added ;)

KingImp
09-19-2008, 05:46 PM
One minor thing I would like to see added is the ability to play as a female hero. I'm sure there are female fans out there that would like this and would be a nice addition for them.

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Probably wouldn't go amiss..

But a good question is.. should the expansion just expand on the already present campaign ? Any larger sidequests or campaigns within the campaign ? Or should it be a completely seperate campaign.. i mean both have advantages, and the first choice would allow for easier integration into the old campaign of any new additions such as heroes, troops and such.

spamm
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
One minor thing I would like to see added is the ability to play as a female hero. I'm sure there are female fans out there that would like this and would be a nice addition for them.
In addon

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
So it is to be added ?

spamm
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM
So it is to be added ?
In addon main hero will be a girl

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
... wait so you are being forced into it ? .. never fun that :(

sinava
09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Imo it would be interesting to see the following expansions:-
(some of these may be there, i am just taking guess based on demo)
(1) Definitely the standard stuff like more creatures ans spell ( or atleast some new creatures replacing the old ones) and similarly more/new spells and skills and character class.
(2) All the small small enhancements suggested from kiing's bounty vanilla like auto resolve feature etc
(3) maybe your wife fighting in battle along with you

Imperial Dane
09-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't think any units should be replaced, but higher level versions of certain units could be added.

But right now i am a wee bit disconcerted about the main character in the expansion being a woman... Not exactly the fun thing (for me) to roleplay :(

sinava
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't think any units should be replaced, but higher level versions of certain units could be added.

But right now i am a wee bit disconcerted about the main character in the expansion being a woman... Not exactly the fun thing (for me) to roleplay :(

time to get in touch with your feminine side :)

phoenixreborn
09-20-2008, 01:06 AM
So how about a woman playing the original? Not fun to play a male character.

Imperial Dane
09-20-2008, 06:16 AM
@Sinava: That is the point, it's not as much fun, i don't possess any desire to expand upon it or anything... I mean i'll probably still get the expansion.. but it won't be nearly as fun as the original because of that singular little thing.

Not really fun for me to Roleplay that.

Coin-coin le Canapin
09-20-2008, 02:14 PM
In addon main hero will be a girlI'd like to hear that from an official source. :o

Ball Buster
09-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, I really don't think about 1C having an expansion set with such level of development right now. It's too soon to talk about that, don't you think?

Actually, playing as a female may be a little weird in a game with such history. I mean, for me, it wouldn't be disgusting that main character in expansion would be a female character, only if that feature improves the gaming experience, you know what I say :-)

About others features that I think it would be good to be improved or added, here is a list (of course, based on what I say in the demo version):

-With units that can cast defensive spells on other friendly units, allow to click directly in the friendly unit to cast the spell, not have to click in the hability and then in the unit (in the case of some units that have 2 defensive spells, like priests, make one of them as a default option).

-Mark in the map screen (not in the mini-map) the position of the enemies.

-The same for the NPCs that brought you a quest.

-Change the colour of the 1C introduction screen (it hurts my eyes!! xD).

Well, as you can see, I say nothing about the units, the heroes, and habilities. This is because I think until we have the full version of the game, we can't imagine how much these parameters would influence in the main campaign of the game.

In fact, the small portion of the game we have seen in the demo is wonderful. The game has all the features a BTS gamer can wish, including an hex-based field of combat (I love them :cool:).

Imperial Dane
09-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Ball buster, the game is already out in Russia, and if you use a translator on the russian kings bounty page you can see they are already talking about the expansion, they've even got some competitions, what for i can't exactly say though :confused:

And it is not that i mind any female characters.. i just don't like having forced certain choices on me, it's a bit like trying a demo and then finding that the character is already pre equipped with gear and skills, sure it might be some good things, but you didn't choose them, so the connection isn't exactly that strong and you don't feel so attached or interested. And that is how i feel it would be with a female main character being forced upon me. I'll probably still get the expansion to try it all.. and hopefully any new things might improve the original campaign :)

But yeah it is a bit hard to say with only the demo, but at the same time, since it is a very good demo there are things we can talk about and suggest improvements on.

spamm
09-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I'd like to hear that from an official source. :o
russian official forum !!!spoiler!!! (http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=622&view=findpost&p=57454)

BurningCold
09-20-2008, 07:18 PM
On a bright note that also says a new race is coming :-P

Imperial Dane
09-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Well that is a bright note indeed :D So that is definately some good news.. Although the news i would prefer right now is when the European Release of King's bounty is, as apparently it isn't the 23rd.

Ball Buster
09-20-2008, 08:13 PM
At least in my country, Spain, the game is not releasing this month, I'm sure of that. And yes, I'm with you, before talking about a future expansion set, I prefer to know when I will be able to play the full game :mrgreen:

sinava
09-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Wow new race looks cool.
also, i don't mind playing as a female i don't really se how it will affect me, it's just that i will have a husband instead of a wife

ah... you people are you , in my country i am sure it will not even release. i will have to wait for one of my official trips to go to some other country and buy it there. :mad:

pkt-zer0
09-21-2008, 01:58 PM
And that is how i feel it would be with a female main character being forced upon me.
You have a male main character forced upon you in the original. Nothing's going to change, then.

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
How can it be forced upon me there when it is a choice i would still make myself ? So how about you stop being so asinine and say something sensible.

pkt-zer0
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
How can it be forced upon me there when it is a choice i would still make myself ?
Because your preference is completely irrelevant: you still don't have a choice in the matter. You know, the lack of choice you were complaining about here: "but you didn't choose them, so the connection isn't exactly that strong and you don't feel so attached or interested".

Imperial Dane
09-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Why when it is a choice i would make ? A simple one at that, so stay on subject or bring something else up.

Daystar
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
... wait so you are being forced into it ? .. never fun that :(

What's wrong with being forced into a girl? :P You don't seem to mind being forced into a guy. :P^2

In all seriousness, do we know what the new race is?

Also, things I would like:
Three hero classes, opposites of the current ones (Barbarian, who weakens enemies, ?Overlord? who does the opposite of the Paladin, and Warlock, who makes spells into darker versions, summons evil things, and sacrifices his own units in exchange for rage and mana) I think it would be fun to look at the darker side, especially if you could chose both directions, good and evil.

For races (if one is not already known) some fun ones would be Nagas, Avians, Centaurs, etc.

It's always good to expand spells, artifacts, etc.

A new spirit of Rage might be fun, or perhaps there could be 2 spirit sets, rage and thought. This could divide up whether you are a Barbarian, Overlord, and Warlock or Knight, Paladin and Mage. The first set has the new spirit set, whereas the existing choices have the new four. They would be creatures that didn't do much harm, but could majorly boost the hero's own powers, creature skills/attributes, etc.

Imperial Dane
09-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Well more expanding on the already exisiting races is always fun, and for a new race ? Well there are tons of opportunities, question is what way Katauri wants to go.

And if new rage spirits were to be added, i think it would be a better choice if the player could choose among them to be honest.