PDA

View Full Version : "All you need" Savegame for Demon Army (Mage, Hard)

BB Shockwave
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
I always replay KB games by choosing a race and sticking to it for the whole game - already did a Neutral, Undead, Human and Lizardman walkthrough. So, Demons now! But... they are impossible to get until late in the game. So... I started a few new games and checked the saves with Savegame scanner until I found that one that had all the necessary units, items and an easy way to get to Sheterra. I only went to Sheterra to grab my demons, mind you - I did not do any quests or pick up leadership/XP items, as it'd unbalance the game and propel me several levels forward.
It's a Mage game, 'cause it's easiest and best to play Demons with a Mage, and Hard, because I find Impossible to be just too frustrating if you want no-loss, forcing you to go back to the same old Paladin or Droid tactics. Hard is well, hard enough to be challenging but does not reduce the game to rinse-and-repeat grind.

One question - whom do you guys recommend as follower? I am torn between Jimmy Kraud (no bonuses apart from +leadership, but has good slots) and Agvares (nice attack bonus for Demonesses and OK slots, but no regalia and his troop control doesn't work on the demons you use). Elenhel is... not so good considering he has no weapon slot.

-How to get to Sheterra: I got there by level 10, but you can get there earlier as it requires minimal fighting (I just cleared out Debir before leaving the island). First, grab the map for Bolo on Debir, should be easy. Go to Bolo, the map to Rusty Anchor is right there on the shore where you land, guarded by a Polar Bear stack. The bears can be kited with some practice, just jump back to the boat after you kited them and land behind them. On Rusty Anchor, the map to Tekron can be found in the middle of the island, near the Dragon Cave - guarded by an easily kiteable stack of Assassins. One Tekron, go into the Grand Canal and get the Submarine (this made me go from level 7 to level 10, but it has to be done). The map to Sheterra is found in the loop-like-cave, guarded by a stack of Shamans. For me, kiting them was nigh-impossible so I used DEV mode to teleport behind them, but it can be done if you are very good at kiting.

-Troops: You can find anything you need on Sheterra, except for Demonologists. The latter you can find in plentiful supply on Elon, though, and until then can use the Academy to train them from Archmages. Also, you can use the tainted Academy document to train demons from human troops, though recruiting them is easier/cheaper.
-Scoffer Imps: Asklepy is your best source for them, but Hephaestus has some too.
-Cerberi: You can find 17 in the Grand Canal at Lan Mandrake, on Sheterra Hephaestus and the Flaming Cage near Asklepy's home sells thousands of them. Samman's castle has them too.
-Demons: The only place to get them is at Sargatas. He has 690, which should be enough - if not, you can find more after you kill Samman (or just use sacrifice).
-Executioners: Sargatas and the Tower of Pain near Asklepy has a lot of them, should be enough for your game. Samman's castle has them too.
-Demonesses: The Flaming Cage and the Tower of Pain has thousands.
-Demonologists: You can find them on Elon (Healthy Spirit Tavern and Magic Garden) and on Nameless Island (Castle of Dark Mistikus) -a grand total of 399 of them, which should be enough for a game if you play no-loss. If not, there is always Sacrifice+Time Back.
-Archdemons: The only unit that is hardest to get, only Sammanhas them, but he has 113. I recommend buying a few extra and putting them in reserves to save you time backtracking.

-Items: Here are the locations of the most vital items you'll need.
-Demetrius: You can find it in the chief's home in the Imp village. Beware the Beholder guard troop, hint: you can easily hide from him by going left straight after you get off the elevator, or behind the chief's house.
-Bow of a Thousand Souls: Hephaestus has it for sale. Of course, once it goes out of control you won't be able to defeat the guardians for a while until you are strong enough.
-Whip of Pain: Chief Harrus on Reha has it.
-Demon Tongue: Complete Fasmodey's quest
-Salamander Banner: (For the set) - Samman sells it.
-Pandemonic Mask: (For the set) - Samman sells it.
-Bracelet of Fury (For the set) - Get it from the Keeper in Wizard's Tower (not sure which level).
-Flame Necklace: Hephaestus sells it.
-Rage Eater: Arianna on Scarlet Wind sells it.
-Magician's Cowl: Town house on Debir
-Skull of Pain: In shipwreck on Rusty Anchor
-Bronze Ring: Mage's Tower in Verona
-Living Book: Do the Quest Treasures of the Abyss on Tekron.
-Elkonium: Chest in Rob Cuttlefish's hideout on Scarlet Wind.
-Well of Mana: Barbarian tent on Verona.
-Banner of True Faith: Archmage Tower sells it on Debir right off the bat.

-Spells: All the spells a Mage cannot exist without. Particulary on no-loss.
-Resurrection: Floating chest in the waters of Rusty Anchor! :D Easy as pie!
-Turn Back Time: Owl of Wisdom on Umkas.
-Sheep: Mage Tower in Verona.
-Demon Portal: Multsidar the Portal Architect sells it on Sheterra.
-Armaggedon: Elon or Nameless island, depending where you get to first.
-Dragon of Chaos: You can get it on Verona, in Barbarian's tent.

Well, that's all you need. Hopefully. Enjoy!

OGKingsBounty92
02-06-2014, 09:32 PM
A little late but thanks for this.

BB Shockwave
07-22-2014, 12:19 PM
You are welcome! Heh, still haven't finished this playthrough, I just cleaned out Verona and Montero, but still need levelling before I can face the lizard princess. The army is fun to use in battles, I usually use demoness seduction+sacrifice for resurrecting my troops, or replenish losses via Resurrect and Demonologists. It's a bit of a bummer to have to max out Order magic when most of its spells (heal, bless, God Armor - not sure about that) do not work on demons - but Lightning and Phoenix are a must-have for a mage.

Dragon of Chaos rocks, I use it in tougher battles, very sturdy and provides you with rage if used well.

BB Shockwave
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Well, actually I found that funnily, Avenging Angel and God Armor does work on Demons. And Lighting and Gizmo is useful too, so that was worth it.

However, the Phoenix's Tears don't work on demons -they are still useful for resurrecting Demonologists, and the birdies are awesome powerful with my Summoner skill maxed. I sometimes even summon them and the Chaos Dragon together in one battle.