PDA

View Full Version : Could WoTN support 2560*1080(21:9) display resolution?

flsxm
02-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi,
I'm flsxm, a fan of king's bounty from China. I really love King's bounty.
I bought all the King's bounty games(Legend, Princess,Crossworld and WoTN) from steam, and the WoTN is Valhalla Edition! You can understand how I love your KB series!
However, this series have a common problem to me. The characters seem too small in my laptop. So, I bought a 29-inch Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2913WM) to play my favorite games. When I got my big monitor, I was happy to see what will happen. Sadly, WoTN cannot support 2560*1080......
It's making me kinda angry. Heroes VI can support, Disciples III rebirth can support, Victoria II and Crusade Kings II can support, Even Heroes V can support!!
Please help me! If this is not an exceedingly difficult technological problem, please support this resolution. I bought this monitor for WoTN, and other games have supported this resolution.
I hope WoTN Dev can see this topic, and give me reply ASAP. Thanks!:grin:

Verainko
02-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Have you tried manually editing the game.ini file inside your "User/Documents" folder?

setf ~screenresoultionx 2560
setf ~screenresoultiony 1080

This is just a suggestion, I don't know if it will work or not, but I think it's worth trying.

sdshadow
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I had a similar problem with Kings bounty Princess as i bought a new monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440.

It seems that the Kings Bounty games save the maximum resolution at the time of the installing of the game.

Deinstall the game und install new had solved my problem.

I hope its the same for you, Warriors of the North has the same engine and it should have the same errors.

flsxm
02-26-2013, 05:29 AM
Have you tried manually editing the game.ini file inside your "User/Documents" folder?

setf ~screenresoultionx 2560
setf ~screenresoultiony 1080

This is just a suggestion, I don't know if it will work or not, but I think it's worth trying.

Thanks for your solution. But it does not work.

flsxm
02-26-2013, 05:30 AM
I had a similar problem with Kings bounty Princess as i bought a new monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440.

It seems that the Kings Bounty games save the maximum resolution at the time of the installing of the game.

Deinstall the game und install new had solved my problem.

I hope its the same for you, Warriors of the North has the same engine and it should have the same errors.

Thanks!
I tried, but failed too.