PDA

View Full Version : CoD for Windows 8

auk929
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Will there be an official patch release that allows CoD to be played with Windows 8?
I know there is a fix zip file in the main menu but I am looking for a more stable patch that will allow me to play the games with out crashes.
Many thanks in advance.
Ben

robtek
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
There is a patch available, just look here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=488991

lorenzoj
02-10-2013, 03:44 AM
I don't understand the problem. Right after installing COD on my new Win 8 computer I ran the Win 8 "fix" posted here by sYkO and the game has run rock solid for me ever since. The procedure is really easy to apply but you must follow the simple readme instructions for using the "fix".

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

The file you want is the zip attached just below the poster's signiture

planespotter
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
i am just moving to a windows 8 machine. will apply this fix. but just one question - from now on do I run cloder.exe or still launch cliffs of dover from steam interface? thanks

ps

planespotter
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
zok I have it working now. thx

lorenzoj
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I made a shortcut to clodder as suggested in the "fix" instructions on my desktop and attached the COD icon for looks. You start the game from there, not from Steam which would bypass clodder and still not launch. I also got rid of my previous COD shortcut. Amazing to me that Steam has pointedly not addressed this issue but has deferred to a fix by someone who does not even play the game.

On a related note, I have had no problem installing and running just about every other older program and game that I have put on Win 8 with no need to resort to compatibility tweeks at all.

ramstein
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
it works ghetto rigged... and thanx for the community for a Win8 patch,, apparently... any fixes and updates must be from community..... why should we buy bom (which in English is actually bowel movements..)..

well since it will be 777 studios product,,, since they succeeded with their flight sim... maybe we will not have to worry about bom being abandoned..

I only moved on to Win8, in my latest upgrades because it was cheaper than getting Win7, plus Win8 upgrade let me go from WinXP to Win8.

It actually looks like Win7, when you set the desktop to the more classic look.....
and is just one click away from Win7. But, I have to admit,, I don't like the Win8 look... it was suppose to make life easier and they made it harder... more weird ideas were added to it.... the people there at Microsoft must be drinking from acid laced bowls of Kool-Aid for break time...

the UAC sucks big time,,,, even though you run it as Administrator, you are still not the admin.... it is like there is some secret God mode you must look up on hacking sites to get full control...

sorry,,,, actual subject was suppose to be about a patch for Win8.