PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix bug

Srydalsaint
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Hiya
I have the latest build installed 6250, bought the game on steam.

I'm stuck on the mission to get the staff of starlight which i assume i need to do in order to progress. My problem is when I fight the master nilrim wizard guy (after you beat the three altars and release the forcefield on the mages place) he always casts the summon pheonix spell. It always bugs out after you kill it when it ressurects you can't hit it again. You kill all his other troops and that damn rezzed pheonix just stays in the same place defending every round. The only thing i can think of to get round it is to be lucky and hope he doesn't cast that spell. He always does though.
What i was thinking was that maybe if i could 'cheat' and modify one of my spells to instakill any troop i could probably make it through the fight quick enough. I've been looking for guides on how to do this but haven't had any joy so far. Can anyone think of any kind of workaround for this.

sethmage
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
If you don’t care about losses try this:
Sometimes, well most of the time, when you go with different army composition or different level, the bosses seem to cast different spells.
Try to level up or buy different units preferably with higher initiative (one valkyrie gives speed boost take that for that fight), of course save before, that way we gonna avoid all that hate e-mail if it doesn’t work;)

ivra
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
There is an easy workaround for this bug:

When you kill the phoenix, move one of your troop on top of the killed phoenix before it is resurrected. As long as you keep one of your troops on top of it, the phoenix cannot resurrect and the game will not crash.

Srydalsaint
01-03-2013, 06:43 PM
That was the first thing I tried (stand a troop over the dead pheonix), It just crashes to desktop every time.

Anyway finally managed to do it by changing tactics as sethmage said. Basicly I kept my troops clumped together so he would normally do an aoe on them. Left his 100+ stack of priests alone so he would phantom clone them and didn't summon any more of my troops in coz for some reason as soon as i done iceball he's do his pheonix thing.

Thanks for the help guys

ivra
01-03-2013, 07:40 PM
That was the first thing I tried (stand a troop over the dead pheonix), It just crashes to desktop every time.

In that case, this is a new bug. If you care you could post it in the bugs thread. A save game would probably be useful.

Good to hear you managed to get through this battle :)

Handel
01-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Hiya
joy so far. Can anyone think of any kind of workaround for this.

When you kill it step on the tile (or summon something). So it will never get a rebirth. Also indirect spells/rage abilities probably will work too. A rage hit and a cold spell will probably kill it in 1 turn (and if not they may freeze it).

shadoww1028
03-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I have been only using one stack of red dragons on my soothsayer killing everything that gets in my way (so far) until this fight. When ever he casts the spell I could not end the fight or it crashed. (poor exception handling...) I would send a unit to stand on the dead Phoenix and the game crashed, summoned or summoned but always a red dragon as that was my stack. Today I decided to bring a normal army I could now sand on the unit with out a crash (the cheap swordsman forgot the exact name). I completed the battle with heavy losses as it would be impossible to do otherwise. My game is of normal difficulty. But this got me around it.

This bug has been present since the original Kings bounty why do you just fix it?