PDA

View Full Version : Finished learning Wisdom, no more spells?...

Jack654
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi
I finished learning Wisdom lv.3 (as a Paladin), and I have learned many spells, without realizing the total was capped. I thought learned scrolls didn't "count" anymore. So I now have a lot more scrolls than my max, because I can still learn the ones I pick up, but I can't buy any anymore. What can I do? Is there something other than Wisdom that can allow me to expand the max scrolls, or is there a way to forget spells so I can buy new interesting ones?

Fatt_Shade
01-02-2013, 05:23 PM
You can go in some castle , click on spell book and right click on scrolls you have to many. New console will open for selling those scrolls, so you can clear them from your spell book and make room for those you want to buy and learn.
After this, all this scrolls will stay in that castle and you can buy them later if in case you need them.

One more thing : each class get 1 more scroll slot in spell book, after certain lvlup (warrior get 1 more every 6 lvls, paladin every 5, and mage every 4 lvls). You can change that modding hero.txt file in this part (this is example for mage)
// ďđîęŕ÷ęŕ
level_up {
leadership=10 //40,30
book=1,4 // đŕńňĺň íŕ 1 ęŕćäűé 4 óđîâĺíü
You see 1,4 part. This give mage 1 more scroll slot in spell book, every 4 lvls. Change it to 1,1, and you`ll get 1 more scroll each new hero lvl.

Other way is harder, it need to start new game, and change hero.txt file in other part (starting scrolls in book) like here (again mage example):
start {
leadership=100
attack=0
defense=0
intellect=3
mana=20
rage=10
gold=1000
rune_might=1
rune_mind=1
rune_magic=6
crystals=20
book=10
Change book=10 , to any number you want book=1000 will give you 1000 scroll places in book on start of new game.
If you can find hero.txt file open it with notpad/wordpad and make this changes save file and game will take those changes after you play game next time.
Good luck :-)

Jack654
01-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks, I know about selling/deleting them, I've been doing it. The problem is I've *learned* more than I can carry, so I still get some from chests and quests, but when I find interesting ones in shops I can't buy them, because it's full.
I was thinking about a normal in-game way to do it, not a cheat or changing parameters in files. Sometimes you get an option like that at the end of some games which allows you to forget abilities, I was wondering if there was something similar.

Sir Whiskers
01-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks, I know about selling/deleting them, I've been doing it. The problem is I've *learned* more than I can carry, so I still get some from chests and quests, but when I find interesting ones in shops I can't buy them, because it's full.

Learned spells do not count toward your scroll limit. If you doubt that, load up your latest save, sell all your scrolls, then try to purchase more. The game should allow you to do so, up to your limit. (Keep in mind that Wandering magic scrolls count toward your limit.)

There is one item that increases your scroll limit by six - an artifact, if I remember correctly, or perhaps a belt? Regardless, it takes up a useful item slot, so I don't tend to use it.

Fatt_Shade
01-05-2013, 09:54 AM
As Sir Whiskers said spells doesnt count toward book slots. If you sell all scrolls in some castle you`ll be able to buy anything you want in shops learn them, and later return to that castle and buy scrolls you sold if you want them.

About non cheating way to increase scroll slots there are items you can equip buy some scroll, and then remove to use your usual items : wisdom_scull (+20 scrolls) , scroll_bag (+8 scrolls) , set_shaman (+5 scrolls) , set_inquisitor (+5 scrolls). SO if you find any of this items (sets) and are near shop with interesting scroll, then simply open hero screen, place those items in hero item slots, buy scrolls you want and place back your original equipment. No cheating, no problems.
Good luck :-)

Jack654
01-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Keep in mind that Wandering magic scrolls count toward your limit
OOOHHH that's most likely my problem. I didn't think about that.
Okay then, everything's solved I guess! Thanks for the replies.