PDA

View Full Version : Stuck @ King Asvalds Son Quest on Fastland - I can't find anything

messiahgov
12-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Okay I got that quest and I have searched all over Fastland (finding any clue about the missing son of King Asvald, Riftland). I was in air, on land and on water with a ship. Checked all those wreckages (incl. small island which look like the right spot), talked to all (not so many) NPCs and so on...nothing at all. I'm stuck here and frustrated. I googled a bit, but there are no threads about that quest (no quest guides, no wiki etc.). Just a french comment, which mention the quest, but nothing more.

I think I missed something or the quest is bugged, because any other quest was okay (just this 1 mio. gold battle, which crash the game shortly before I win). I use 1.3.1.6250, if this makes any difference.

ckdamascus
12-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Okay I got that quest and I have searched all over Fastland (finding any clue about the missing son of King Asvald, Riftland). I was in air, on land and on water with a ship. Checked all those wreckages (incl. small island which look like the right spot), talked to all (not so many) NPCs and so on...nothing at all. I'm stuck here and frustrated. I googled a bit, but there are no threads about that quest (no quest guides, no wiki etc.). Just a french comment, which mention the quest, but nothing more.

I think I missed something or the quest is bugged, because any other quest was okay (just this 1 mio. gold battle, which crash the game shortly before I win). I use 1.3.1.6250, if this makes any difference.

It is a floating chest on Fastland. Did you START your original save game on 1.3.1.6250?

messiahgov
12-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Yes, just 1.3.1.6250, German Retail.

Just a normal clickable chest in the water? If yes, there is none on my side... Which item comes out of it? I could use the console to add the item and finally complete this quest. ^^ But I need a item name.

ckdamascus
12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, just 1.3.1.6250, German Retail.

Just a normal clickable chest in the water? If yes, there is none on my side... Which item comes out of it? I could use the console to add the item and finally complete this quest. ^^ But I need a item name.

Hmmm I haven't played build 6246/6250 yet, but in all of my play throughs I've always seen it. It doesn't always register properly, but I always find the chest.

Since it is back at an old map, the chest does respawn in the sea. So you have to search all the waters again and it is a bit far away on the coast I think?

But yes, normal clickable chest in the water. You get Odin's Banner from it. I don't remember it's code.

messiahgov
12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the answer! I will try that later and search for the chest again. Maybe it's respawned or will respawn after I complete another quest or something like that. If all fails, the following is the item code: addon2_quest_odin_banner

So item addon2_quest_odin_banner should do the job if anything else fails.

EDIT: Adding the item with the console works. The quest will not register properly, but you can go to Asvald again and with the Quest Odin Banner you can complete the quest! The part with finding any clue about the son will stay black, but the quest is complete.