PDA

View Full Version : It`s a very hard game :)

Ashaman
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Hello !
I heard that so the developer of the KB is one of the creators of Heroes 3.
I was one of the best skilled player in H3 :) and can feel the spirit in the KB.
Now i play at impossible difficulty, and this game is really hard !
Recently i`ve did the Demonis and was really hard to kill the demon lord, after that i fixed Gullford in the first battle, but now i am in the new Arlania, and i am the lil bit scared from the newest huge troops.
I had no found the ressurection scroll yet, it that exist in the KB WotN?
I am not sure what way can beat the undead in the Rezo`s mage tower, but im confused what number of armies wait for me in front of gullford casttle.
Is there any quest or action which can reverse the situation?
I will accept all kind of advices.

Razorflame
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
for invicible army

runemage+paladin+repair droid+guard droid(split the repair droids into 2 stacks)

and u steamroll anything

or runemage+paladin and put in whatever you like(except for level5 unless u use inqi's/soothsayers/demonlogist also(they can revive level 5)

no strategies are needed for those compositions;)

Ashaman
12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
for invicible army

runemage+paladin+repair droid+guard droid(split the repair droids into 2 stacks)

and u steamroll anything

or runemage+paladin and put in whatever you like(except for level5 unless u use inqi's/soothsayers/demonlogist also(they can revive level 5)

After the battle with Gullford there are no more rune mages.

ckdamascus
12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
After the battle with Gullford there are no more rune mages.

I hope you didn't sell/destroy the "old shoes" item. Wear it when you go to the tavern in Arlania. :)

sdshadow
12-20-2012, 02:40 PM
It doesn´t really matter which units you use. An all level 1 unit army, a only close fighter unit army, only 1 single strong unit expect of all 5 units, no rage and/or no magic - all is working and not really hard. The game is way to easy.

I played Heroes 3 too (over 500 hours). The main different from heroes to kings bounty is the unit system. Every KB unit has skills that are good for hundreds of different strategies. If you use this skills well and if you look at the skills of your enemies the game is easy.

If you rush into battle and use your units to attack the enemy as fast as possible (the normal heroes way) without checking the turnorder/reaching/skills from the following units/enemies the game would be hard.

My advice: forget every heroes "the more the better" tactic and compare every single unit. Believe me, that is the best part of the game. :)

Ashaman
12-20-2012, 07:30 PM
It doesn´t really matter which units you use. An all level 1 unit army, a only close fighter unit army, only 1 single strong unit expect of all 5 units, no rage and/or no magic - all is working and not really hard. The game is way to easy.

I played Heroes 3 too (over 500 hours). The main different from heroes to kings bounty is the unit system. Every KB unit has skills that are good for hundreds of different strategies. If you use this skills well and if you look at the skills of your enemies the game is easy.

If you rush into battle and use your units to attack the enemy as fast as possible (the normal heroes way) without checking the turnorder/reaching/skills from the following units/enemies the game would be hard.

My advice: forget every heroes "the more the better" tactic and compare every single unit. Believe me, that is the best part of the game. :)

At imposibble mode is quite impossible :) But as they said - runemages/paladin and whatever else...
Now i play with these two boring troops, and with royall Griffin u can did phantoms more and more, and the griffin dublicate it self...

For a short time i was thinking so that game is really better from H3, but with that runemages, is not...

CharmedonWB
12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Then do not use the Runemages. Some of you go on as if someone is forcing you to use a certain combination of units.

ckdamascus
12-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah, what he said. I can beat the game without rune mages... you should try it if you want more of a challenge.

Ashaman
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Then do not use the Runemages. Some of you go on as if someone is forcing you to use a certain combination of units.

No its not. Maybe if u ar level 50, but u need to kill a lot of invincible armies to reach that level. And u can`t do it without rune mage.
Now i am 34th level and cant win in the batlle even with runemage for box in the easternt freedon island. There are 4 guardian tower with 25k hp each. 700 vampires, 500 cursed ghost, 700 ghost, anad about 1500 zombies. So tell me how u can win? U have about 12k leadership, and this is equal of only 400 zombies in example.
Adn i talk about imposibble difficult.

ckdamascus
12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
No its not. Maybe if u ar level 50, but u need to kill a lot of invincible armies to reach that level. And u can`t do it without rune mage.
Now i am 34th level and cant win in the batlle even with runemage for box in the easternt freedon island. There are 4 guardian tower with 25k hp each. 700 vampires, 500 cursed ghost, 700 ghost, anad about 1500 zombies. So tell me how u can win? U have about 12k leadership, and this is equal of only 400 zombies in example.
Adn i talk about imposibble difficult.

I always play Impossible Difficulty.

1st Play Through, Viking - used split rune mage stack. Very easy victory.

2nd Play Through, Soothsayer - mostly level 5s and Ancient Phoenix. I stopped at Tungsinn because the game had a quest bug and I grew bored of the style. I don't remember if I used rune mages or not.

3rd Play Through, Viking -- did not use any rune mages at all. At Riftlands, already beat Loki without major problems.

Only losses I have taken might have been from Uldar, Ahriman, Guilford's first fight (my soothsayer evaded losses, viking did not since I didn't use all level 5s -- call of the necromancer the armaggedon + low level summon once you finish the battle), ally battles, and the final battle.

So, are you saying it isn't possible to no loss most of the game because you can't no loss the game without rune mages? By the way, I'm not the only one who has done this and I'm probably one of the barely above average players here.

edit:
The Dead Man's box is a very difficult encounter to fight early on. In this game, you are supposed to skip some encounters and come back later.

BB Shockwave
03-11-2013, 11:59 PM
for invicible army

and u steamroll anything

Yes, but until you get there?

I am earger to hear how anyone gets through the first island no-loss. Even with a Skald, the last boss decimated my army and I had no ways to resurrect...

Eventually I just gave up and accepted losses. Good thing I did - Skalds are even worse then Berserkers or Slingers, they drop like flies in every battle. And for my game, Vestlig had no Warrior Maidens or Soothsayers for sale...

The game is very, very linear, almost to the point of boredom, unlike previous KB games. Whereas in AP/CW on level 10 I have already been to Sheterra and Tekron and can choose between various armies, here the game doesn't let you past various obstacles. Wouldn't be a problem, if the troop selection wasn't abysmal... Only viking units or neutral animals (Bears, Snakes, Wolves) with very few Human and Dwarf units (not enough to fill out the depleted ranks after losses). Not to mention how the randomness is a huge problem - I now have been to 4 Viking-inhabited islands and only found a supply of 12 Warrior Maidens and 30 Soothsayers... Jarl are plentiful, but come on! If I don't get more, this'll be a problem later on.

Oh, and spell selection is small, too. Not to mention that after your exile, you cannot sell scrolls for a while, making buying new ones a problem.

Not to mention the boredom comes from the enemy roster too - almost exclusively Undead + beasts. It's a big problem because Undead are tough and immune to a lot of special skills/spells, and unlike The Legend or Armored Princess that had you only facing low-level Undead (Zombies, Skeletons, Ghosts, Undead Spiders, sometimes Vampires) in the early game, here you run into huge stacks of Black Knights (they are horribly tough) and Necromancers (tough and devastating to your ranks) and Ancient Vampires.

Whoever designed the game really threw the actual campaign together quite poorly. I wager a fan using the campaign editor could have done a better job.