PDA

View Full Version : Trees gone

The Cheese
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Despite playing CloD on my laptop since its release, with medium-high graphics and generally playable framerates (my comp is dual core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD 6770m 2GB GPU), after the final patch, suddenly the game stutters far more than I've experienced before, still on the same settings I've always used (medium landscape detail, medium tree quality, high model detail, low buildings detail). Based on when the stutters occur, they seemed to largely be due to trees. But anytime I change any options to lower tree quality, nothing happens unless I set Landscape Detail lower, and when the game restarts, trees no longer show up at all, and I've been unable to get them back.

This hadn't particularly concerned me when the patch first came out, because I figured I could play the game on my family's desktop until BoM came out, but now I learn that that isn't going to happen, and I'll be well into college by the time BoS comes out, stuck with only my laptop. Any help/advice, on optimising/fixing trees for this final patch? Since CloD is the last we'll see of it's kind for some time, I'd like to get it working...

Continu0
12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Have you deleted the Ubisoft-Logo in the beginning?

it is called logo.wmv and can be found somewhere in the folder where launcer.exe is located...

The Cheese
12-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes, I've deleted that. Still stutters considerably.

A clarification I just observed:
I can change the tree quality however I want, the trees remain and there's maybe a tiny bit less stuttering on Very Low quality. Changing land shading to Low also made the stuttering slightly less.

But as soon I knock down Land Detail from High to Medium, all my trees are gone. I dunno if this is supposed to happen, but it does. I suppose I should test these things out on my desktop. The only way I've gotten trees back is by using the Repair Microsoft .NET client 4 and then reinstall the game's DirectX package trick, and then the trees return.

Even without the trees, the game still stutters, to an extent where it's playable, or at least I can land a plane, but it's still obnoxious.

I never had such stuttering problems before the final patch came out on steam.

Thee_oddball
12-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Completely uninstall the ENTIRE game including ALL related folders (save your config fille for control settings) and do a fresh install, if problem persists than you can trouble shoot knowing there are no "leftovers" from the previous version .

S!

The Cheese
12-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Just reinstalled the sim, deleted 1CSoftclub folder beforehand and whatnot, and I'm still getting the same problems.

Still the trees go missing, and still the stutters. It's more or less playable, but only barely.