PDA

View Full Version : How to play by direct IP

corse66
07-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi, we got the game with a friend and we are wondering how to play a multiplayer game by direct IP.

Everytime we choose multiplayer game and one of us create a game, the other just don't see the game in the server list.

I.e, I create a game and my friend enter my IP, he clicks on connect and the game just do nothing. He doesn't try to connect to my server.

We both have static IP.

Any Idea?

MARIAN
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Let somebody from you create the game. The second player simply must write into in the window IP of that player that created the game and to press "join" And all will be good

mitra
07-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Marian, you think with hamachi it is possible make this, or the game see only the IP which appear in the screen?

MARIAN
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Marian, you think with hamachi it is possible make this, or the game see only the IP which appear in the screen?
I know that some players played by hamachi

corse66
08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I confirm only by setting a private network does the "direct IP" multiplayer mode work

mitra
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
With "private network" you talk of hamachi?

corse66
08-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Not exactly in fact we had to set up a "private network" using windows integrated features.

Strange because usually in a game when you use to play by "direct ip" it's easier than that...

mitra
08-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Not exactly in fact we had to set up a "private network" using windows integrated features.

Strange because usually in a game when you use to play by "direct ip" it's easier than that...

So you create a VPN net? So i think with hamachi will good also.

How is the playing in multy?

corse66
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
That's right we create a VPN net.

We try multi 1 vs 1 and it seems it always result in a heavy bloodshed, with either side winning "a la Pyrrhus".

We also try a 2 vs 2 against AI and we suffer an heavy defeat but I think we made some big mistakes while choosing our army.

Most important part of the battle is in fact creating a balanced army :)
Fine game , can't wait for the patch / add on!

MARIAN
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
In addition there will be such maps with the excellent design of relief, I here now as a beta-tester play on-line and get large pleasure. Old maps for custom will be are also a bit changed.
With fog of war - scouting of locality it is a very important thing.
Battles with a blood, sticking of arrows and chopping of heads look very much brutal.

http://www.gametech.ru/sadm_images/2008/08/13rus/scr007.jpg

http://www.gametech.ru/sadm_images/2008/08/13rus/scr003.jpg

corse66
08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
That's really great, because if I have one thing I really miss in this game, is the fog of war in order to to make some surprise attacks :)

mitra
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Corse can you post the replay of one of multi game? I think will be interesting to see a humanvshuman match.

corse66
08-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, next time we make a game I'll save a replay of our game.

It's quite different from a usual game since we don't play with the "pause" feature, and therefore you have to manage your troups quickly.

(and usually you have one or two group who don't do what you want them to do ;) )

On top of that enemy don't waste volleys of arrows stupidely when you are out of range (not like the A.I)

So bottom line it's a very bloody battle and usually (when you don't make a very big mistake) the winner of the battle have only 2 or 3 groups surviving the heat of the battle :)

mitra
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
This is a symptom than the battle has been well played, at total war happen the same.