PDA

View Full Version : B5N Kate AI Question.

ElAurens
12-08-2012, 01:12 PM
In real life the B5N was also used as a level bomber, as some were at Pearl Harbor. Will the current AI operated Kates in the game do this properly?

Juri_JS
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
The B5N AI does level bombing, but it has the same strange behaviour like the other level bombers in the game, that do a short shallow dive before dropping their bombs.

IceFire
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
The B5N AI does level bombing, but it has the same strange behaviour like the other level bombers in the game, that do a short shallow dive before dropping their bombs.

That's the fighter-bomber drop behavior rather than level bombing behavior. It'd be nice to have that fixed. It'd be even better if the GATTACK waypoint would have a selectable behavior per flight so you could tell B-25J's for example to level bomb or strafe. If you wanted them to do both then you could just setup two GATTACK waypoints.

I'm sure the programming behind the scenes to do that is more complex than me just envisioning how the menu would work... but that would be a great feature to have.

wheelsup_cavu
12-16-2012, 06:40 PM

That's the fighter-bomber drop behavior rather than level bombing behavior. It'd be nice to have that fixed. It'd be even better if the GATTACK waypoint would have a selectable behavior per flight so you could tell B-25J's for example to level bomb or strafe. If you wanted them to do both then you could just setup two GATTACK waypoints.

I'm sure the programming behind the scenes to do that is more complex than me just envisioning how the menu would work... but that would be a great feature to have.

I agree that the ability to chose between the two types of bombing would be a great addition. :)

Wheels

Ventura
12-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I had a large formation of B5Ns do level bombing on the Midway Map @3900m ('Good' clouds @1200m) without the shallow dive @ the GATTACK waypoint on Sand and Midway Island.

I also created a mission in the Slovakia Summer Light map where I had B-25Js level bomb from 2500m (Hazy Coluds @ 1000m). At the GATTACK waypoint they would all start the shallow dive/evasive maneuver going every which way. I then had only the rear flight as B-25Js and the rest B-25Cs. The C's do level bombing but the J's go into the shallow dive/evasive maneuver.

On all of the above, all have a GATTACK waypoint on or around the ideal impact point with no specified target.

Kittle
12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Ventura nailed it. Set the GATTACK waypoint without a specific target. They will fly an honest level bombing run using this method.

ElAurens
12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for that tip!!!