PDA

View Full Version : does magic resistance add up?

asmutny
11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
a simple question about the game mechanics:
my black and ice dragons have both magic res at 80%, blackies also have fire res at same level. I figured equipping 3 crystal balls to the hero (each giving +5% magic res) + 7% all dmg res from Guardian Angel medal should give to the dragons full 100% magic resistance... but it didn't and Armageddon spell still deals more or less the same amount of damage to my dragons. why? did I get it wrong or is it somehow bugged?

Fatt_Shade
11-19-2012, 11:03 AM
2 things you miss judged :
1) max possible res for units is 95%, same as max possible crit% is 95 (at least was in previous games)
2) armagedon deals astral dmg, not magic, and your dragons have no basic resistance to it, only that you get from guardian medal and items equiped. In this case max 22% = 3x5% from crystal balls + 7% from guardian medal if you have it.

asmutny
11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
2 things you miss judged :
1) max possible res for units is 95%, same as max possible crit% is 95 (at least was in previous games)
2) armagedon deals astral dmg, not magic, and your dragons have no basic resistance to it, only that you get from guardian medal and items equiped. In this case max 22% = 3x5% from crystal balls + 7% from guardian medal if you have it.

ooh... that explains it. I assumed Armageddon was a fire or earth-like spell. didn't think of astral.
Thank you.