PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Factions...

Viking_warlord
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Wich faction would you like to add/play in XIII century?

mitra
07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Wich faction would you like to add/play in XIII century?

Probably the more big faction not present in the game is the Ayubbid/Mamluks sultanate in Egypt, but i think it is a little out of scenario.

I would appreciated to see some special units like the almughavers and the welsh longbowmen, but the game in the complex cover well the units used by the armies of period.

Viking_warlord
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
almughavar were portuguese, am i wrong?

Ye, myself I would like to see a nordic country(like danmark):)

Nike-it
07-17-2008, 01:36 PM
almughavar were portuguese, am i wrong?

Ye, myself I would like to see a nordic country(like danmark):)

You are almost right, almughavar were a class of soldiers from the Crown of Aragon, well-known during the Christian reconquista (reconquest) of the Iberian peninsula.

Viking_warlord
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
^^i used them inmedievalII total war, that's why i know;)

mitra
07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Almughavers were catalans people of frontier zones between aragon and muslim spain, they were very good raiders for nature, and was used by Aragon crown versus the frenchs in Sicily in the second half of XIII century. A band of almughavers was used by Byzantine versus the turks but revolted and occupied the attaica for sometime.

THey use light equipment and short metal lance used versus cavalry with tremendous effects, both as missile that as close combat.

Viking_warlord
07-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I say that it's a pity that the game only covers the 13th century and not the entire medieval part of history...

mitra
07-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I think this will be a too big work if we want to mantain a high degree of history realism, but i suppose the graphical engine of game will permit to create new version of game in other centuries.

Viking_warlord
07-19-2008, 07:12 PM
ye, ur right...

Semyon
07-30-2008, 02:56 AM
If there is Mongolian there must be Chinese in the far east which they first conquer. So why not add China to the grand map to make the world map even larger.

mitra
07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
If there is Mongolian there must be Chinese in the far east which they first conquer. So why not add China to the grand map to make the world map even larger.

The mongols come to eastern Europe, the chineses no. The game scenario is the european warfare.