PDA

View Full Version : Question for fellow vikings (warrior)

redfuryau
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
I confess I have not played that far into the game, but one thing that makes me apprehensive now is all the probability-based skilled in the Viking Tree. One thing I loved about KB:TL and AP was that other than critical hits, there wasn't that much randomness so you could plan out your strategies with confidence, sorta like chess. Now I see that 5 of the 6 end-skills in the Viking tree are based on the dice roll.

Example: Unit doing 10-15 damage in KB:TL could do min:10 max: 23 (crit trigger).
Now it seems max (theory) would be 30 (crit trigger+absolute rage) * 2 (berserker trigger) * 2 (luck rune trigger with crit/berserker again) = 120 damage! I know this is an insane example but hopefully you'll see the point it's trying to make.

So my question to players who have played a warrior a long way into the game: do these chance-based skills (which you pay a LOT of runes for) trigger enough to be useful in strategizing, or is the chance-based system frustrating?

tiberiu
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
So my question to players who have played a warrior a long way into the game: do these chance-based skills (which you pay a LOT of runes for) trigger enough to be useful in strategizing, or is the chance-based system frustrating?

I never base my strategy around skills that have % chance to work or the like. Nor on dealing critical hits. I always assume that I am going to do minimum damage when I attack. I am happy when I deal critical damage or when % skills apply, but I take them as a bonus to my primary pessimistic strategy.

TO answer your question, I think they trigger enough to be useful.

Mandea
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Well, I am counting on scoring criticals when I have a 60-70%. It's awesome, but oyu need excellent morale and items with criticals. TO answer the question, they trigger enough to be useful, to be worth spending points for getting those skills (truth be told, some are bugged right now).

Fatt_Shade
11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
@redfuryau
Now it seems max (theory) would be 30 (crit trigger+absolute rage) * 2 (berserker trigger) * 2 (luck rune trigger with crit/berserker again) = 120 damage! I know this is an insane example but hopefully you'll see the point it's trying to make.
How did you get to this number ?
If Berserk triggers(15%) it x2 dmg , then Absolute rage 25% for 50% bonus attack and +50% dmg on crit hit which means your crit will do 200% dmg (instead 150% on normal crit) = unit dmg is 15 x2 x2 = 60 . And in the end if unit Luck rune gives you another turn (10% for that) you get another attack in that turn and IF you crit there is another 60 dmg/unit. Absolute rage gives 100% bonus for crit in RETALIATION not on your units turn.
So in the end 15% for Berserk and 10% on luck rune you have 1,5% to make x4 dmg with your units in battle.