PDA

View Full Version : Constant battle crash (spoiler)

hellsing
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
So after i get all 3 artifacts i have to fight guilford near the portal.No matter what happens it always crashes!Any help?

pendragon666
11-10-2012, 01:58 PM
For me this seems to have been caused by the unofficial bug fixes. as soon as i removed them the crashing stopped and i was able to complete the fight.

SonnyD
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I had the same issue... I let autocombat win the fight for me and it worked fine.

cjbcreighton
11-17-2012, 04:08 AM
So after i get all 3 artifacts i have to fight guilford near the portal.No matter what happens it always crashes!Any help?

Did you ever find a resolution on this? I have the same problem.

Aleksandar777
11-17-2012, 08:40 AM
i have constant crash on western freedom island when i start a battle with pirate, quest battle
any help?

it is pirate ship, i think Ragnar Blood or something like that

Aleksandar777
11-17-2012, 12:17 PM
maybe i found solutions for battle crashes
i just turned off skype and succesfully finish the battle

Harakiri
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I dont have skype and also just now crashed at the gilford fight, 20min wasted for no-loss =(

Aleksandar777
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
maybe some other program or antivirus or so, try to turn off everything

gogolmax
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Same here: Constant crash in Guilford battle. Autoplay doesn't help. I'm stuck (and pissed off).

Will wait for another steam-update.

Too bad for this great game.

ckdamascus
11-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Same here: Constant crash in Guilford battle. Autoplay doesn't help. I'm stuck (and pissed off).

Will wait for another steam-update.

Too bad for this great game.

Hm, I was able to get by fine. Vanilla install. No user patches, build 6249, but I did restart a new saved game in buidl 6246.

gogolmax
11-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Hm, I was able to get by fine. Vanilla install. No user patches, build 6249, but I did restart a new saved game in buidl 6246.

I'm on build 6249 too, I've got 60 hours of gameplay in my savegame and will not restart another game.

When the game crashes, I get a "Can't use "Obj" function set" error dialog in Windows.

Time to play an older King's Bounty game... :-(

ckdamascus
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm on build 6249 too, I've got 60 hours of gameplay in my savegame and will not restart another game.

When the game crashes, I get a "Can't use "Obj" function set" error dialog in Windows.

Time to play an older King's Bounty game... :-(

I would NOT restart for "Can't use "obj" function set" sort of error and if you started on build 6249. Although I'm boggled at what technique or units you are using to trigger this.

I'm worried because it seems like build 6246 saved game with 6249 build seems the most "stable"? :(

Yeah, I get the obj error once in a while too. I just try a different technique or different units. When I played (without crashing against guilford), I was using Soothsayer/Mage as Hero type.

Black Dragons, Archdemons, Red Dragons, and Ancient Ent. I relied mostly on Ancient Phoenix and Greasy Mist. Occasional Turn Back Time.

I did use some Rage Skills, no problems.

Are you using any user patches too?

[edit]
I think I know why it is crashing. It is all related to the now bugged Book of Evil. If you let the boss cast Book of Evil, kill it SUPER fast or redo your fight to try to have him NOT cast book of evil.

gogolmax
11-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks a lot ckdamascus

I will try that book of evil stuff, I am using a human stack of units, I've started the game on an earlier build.

I don't use any user patches. Probably my stack is still a bit weak, I will clean Demonis and Hades first.

Thanks again & Regards

ckdamascus
11-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Thanks a lot ckdamascus

I will try that book of evil stuff, I am using a human stack of units, I've started the game on an earlier build.

I don't use any user patches. Probably my stack is still a bit weak, I will clean Demonis and Hades first.

Thanks again & Regards

Oh sorry, I mean, when the enemy hero casts it, it tends to crash the game.

The book of evil is broken now, in a bad way. It is super weak and has like -100/0 charges or something absurd.

I've seen them in combat in build 6249 without ill effects, but I get a weird feeling it can cause crashes. I've started to crash a LOT more now that I'm in Demonis / New Kordar.

gogolmax
11-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh sorry, I mean, when the enemy hero casts it, it tends to crash the game.
The book of evil is broken now, in a bad way.

Wow! After 6 or 7 tries with autocombat, I managed to kill the book of evil asap and won the battle. Thanks a lot man!! You're probably right, it's the book of evil that bugs everything down. Good to know.

Aleksandar777
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
it is also skald that bugs, his ability
when i disable his ability or kill him before he use it i finish the battle without problems

one more battle against skalds in army, same problem and same solution

MillerTime
12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Pretty sure I'm getting the same error msg/code randomly. For sure, mine have nothing to do with Book of Evil being cast as I have not seen it in my game as yet.

I'll have to pay closer attention to Skalds, however. I don't have any in my army, yet I have just started seeing them in enemy armies. And it has just been recently that the crashing started with that obj function error.