PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ground Control vectors for bombers?

Roblex
11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I got horribly lost today after pressing TAB, 7, 1 to ask Ground Control to help me find a target to bomb.
Suspecting it was just directing me back to my home base I tried again as soon as I took off for my second mission and it directed me to travel due North from Canterbury which is obviously rubbish. I ignored that and kept travelling NW for a minute and tried again and it told me the target was bearing 120, 2 miles away ie it was my own airfield. It did not offer me any alternative targets like you get when a fighter requests targets, just one vector to my own base.

Before anyone asks, No I was definitely not accidently asking for a vector to home base instead of Target.

Ignore that. I have just done another test and this time it worked. I still got the silly 'Mission Target bearing 0 degrees' but then it went on to tell me about ship and AAA targets. I am not sure why I did not get that last time, it was not the Sealion Mission which has no bomber targets, it was the Dunkirk one and I have just flown that and got targets.