PDA

View Full Version : crow - gift of stone?

jkkwan324
11-04-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm not sure how learning wandering scrolls work. So I think the crow starts off with gift of stone, when you ask him to write it, he said it will take sometime. I notice some crystals were taken, but no spell. Does this mean i have to wait a few battles before my character learns the spell? Also what does gift of stone spell do? I tried searching for this information but could not find anything. Thanks for the help guys.

sethmage
11-04-2012, 02:51 AM
personally i didn't use the gift yet, but looking at the description it just let you have more runes at the beginning of the battle, for the rest of your question, you will come across some WS then you have to let the crow memorize the spell, and it takes some time before he makes it, (sorry don't know exactly how long)

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 04:32 AM
This confused me too. What you have to do is wait a while (maybe fight a few battles) and in your spell book under wanderer scrolls you'll find you got a gift of stone scroll now. You can ask him to do it again, too.

I don't remember exactly what it does but i think it makes all your troops have 3 runes of each kind for a couple fights.

jkkwan324
11-04-2012, 06:05 AM
thanks for the reply guys, this helps alot. i might pass on the gift of stone now that i know what it does.

tiberiu
11-04-2012, 06:07 AM
This confused me too. What you have to do is wait a while (maybe fight a few battles) and in your spell book under wanderer scrolls you'll find you got a gift of stone scroll now. You can ask him to do it again, too.

I don't remember exactly what it does but i think it makes all your troops have 3 runes of each kind for a couple fights.

This is not accurate, I think. You must wait a few battles, but if you want the scroll to appear in your inventory, you must first talk again to the bird and ask him for the scroll again. He will now require 5 crystals for the writing of the scroll, and if you have this, he will give u the scroll.

namad
11-04-2012, 06:15 AM
how does the crow learn new spells? I used a call of colosus scroll I found randomly but the crow didn't add it to his list of things he knew!

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 06:41 AM
This is not accurate, I think. You must wait a few battles, but if you want the scroll to appear in your inventory, you must first talk again to the bird and ask him for the scroll again. He will now require 5 crystals for the writing of the scroll, and if you have this, he will give u the scroll.

Oh, I never noticed he was charging me crystals or that talking to him again made the scroll finally appear. It seemed to me it just showed up. I'll pay more attention now since I just ordered another one.

Also, I finally found another wanderer scroll - song of wind. I talked to the bird and he was able to learn it permanently (but it takes it away from you). Then I asked him to scribe it for me, and he said it would take a long time.

We'll see what happens.

Nevar
11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
how does the crow learn new spells? I used a call of colosus scroll I found randomly but the crow didn't add it to his list of things he knew!

There's a dialogue option with the crow that brings up a list of scrolls you have that he doesn't know yet. Teaching him the spell removes the Wanderer Scroll.

In your case, he won't learn Call Colossus until you find another one and show him that.

@tiberiu: Nope. You only have to tell him to start writing, and then he will take crystals from you. After a few battles, the scroll will show up in your spellbook WITHOUT any notification, which is really, really annoying.

namad
11-04-2012, 09:20 AM
@nevar I blame the poor translation because I swear the crow tells you if you wade through and read the like 10pages of pointless dialogue the crow has that any scroll you've used he learns... or something? maybe I'm wrong? but even if I'm wrong it's still not worded clearly enough for me to get it (although I assume it's perfectly clear in russian)

tiberiu
11-04-2012, 09:26 AM
@tiberiu: Nope. You only have to tell him to start writing, and then he will take crystals from you. After a few battles, the scroll will show up in your spellbook WITHOUT any notification, which is really, really annoying.

I am pretty sure that I had to ask him again in order to give me the scroll. Perhaps because when I first talked to him, i had less then 5 crystals? And he started to learn it but wouldn't give unless I made the 5 crystals and talk to him again.

Nevar
11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
@namad: Not the case. I think it's the dialogue option "Look, Rind, If I don't have a scroll, would you write one for me?" at which point he scans your spellbook for wanderer scrolls he can't make yet.

@tiberiu: I wouldn't know. I always have more than 50 crystals on me.

Xargon
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I am pretty sure that I had to ask him again in order to give me the scroll. Perhaps because when I first talked to him, i had less then 5 crystals? And he started to learn it but wouldn't give unless I made the 5 crystals and talk to him again.

You have to give him one scroll so that he can learn it. Once he learned how to write a particular scroll, you can ask him to write one for you, which requires 5 crystals, and after a few battles it shows up in your spellbook without notification. He can only write one scroll at a time, and the procedure is repeatable (he only needs to learn it once).

At least, that's the way it worked for me, seemed perfectly fine except for the missing notifications (5 crystals taken, and scroll finished).

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
You have to give him one scroll so that he can learn it. Once he learned how to write a particular scroll, you can ask him to write one for you, which requires 5 crystals, and after a few battles it shows up in your spellbook without notification. He can only write one scroll at a time, and the procedure is repeatable (he only needs to learn it once).

At least, that's the way it worked for me, seemed perfectly fine except for the missing notifications (5 crystals taken, and scroll finished).

Seems like we have it figured out. I'm going to add lack of notification to the bugs thread, I would not have wasted 5 crystals on gift of stone if I'd known that, I was saving up for Crystal Collector.