PDA

View Full Version : Getting Annoyed "Dead Men can't be Pirates!" Quest is bugged too

fastjaw24
11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Well like it says if you go and kill Sirius Pale on Eastern Island first which I did cause he is not very hard to kill at all. He was labeled as equal in strength when the quest giver on Western Island was labeled as invincible so I'm sure like most people they killed him first a long time ago leveled up several levels then finally fought the orc on Western Island to prove yourself, only to find out that the orc wants you to tell Sirius Pale something before you kill him to complete the quest but you cant cause he is already dead.

I own every single King's Bounty and this is the first one I preordered but this is making my stomach turn all the bugs in this game like nobody has a clue and I am just a pay to play beta tester. And then they patch it and it fixes nothing only thing i noticed fixed was rune mages are at 2 initiative now instead of 20 but in the process of patching it it messed up some of my achievements I had half done. I think this game was given an end of October release so they could rush it out before all the big name titles and it still needed another month at least to finish it. You cant tell me the developers and/or publisher didn't realize the problems this game had and choose to push it out early only to irritate your long time buyers of the series and alienate a lot of new buyers.

I will not be preordering the next King's Bounty(the armor was kinda a joke) if there is one cause this was ridiculous and unacceptable I hate to see how many more bugs I am going to encounter before the game is over.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I will add this to the bugs thread. Sorry you got screwed. I haven't gotten there yet so thanks for the warning. :)

sethmage
11-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah… based on players comments it seems that certain quests HAVE to be completed in certain order, otherwise quest become *broken*, but I still enjoy the game even with some bugs and occasional crash or two.

If you ever want to hear horror stories look up the game *Pool of Radiance* not from the early 90’s but the later version.

fastjaw24
11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah… based on players comments it seems that certain quests HAVE to be completed in certain order, otherwise quest become *broken*, but I still enjoy the game even with some bugs and occasional crash or two.

If you ever want to hear horror stories look up the game *Pool of Radiance* not from the early 90’s but the later version.

I played a lot of the old school games like Bard's Tale,Wizardry, and Ultima but never got around to Pool of Radiance yet but by todays standards the game should be a lot better on release even for a game that could use more sales. I rather wait on a game(even though I hate waiting) and have a game pretty much bug (I understand all games are going to have a "few" bugs)free then constant bugs, menus not working right, descriptions are flat wrong, certain spells and effects not working at all or as intended, incorrect stats on items and troops, and the crashing....oh my has it been bad for me. Usually I crash about once an hour if not more with it happening about 50 percent of the time after coming out of a battle and trying to save then having to do an entire fight over again. The rest of the time its totally random just running along and bam it crashes.

So yea its been a little better for some and some people have gotten lucky and happen to do things in the right order or maybe they are not having the constant crashes.

sethmage
11-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Believe me I understand your frustration, there is nothing worse than constant crashing with the game you’ve been waiting for few years (there isn’t as many turn-based games as I want to :)) I’ve been there done that, and you are right, some people got more lucky than the others with minimal crashes (myself included). Let’s just hope that incoming patch (fingers crossed) will come sooner rather than later and we all gonna be happy, at least a little.