PDA

View Full Version : Crash Every Time in the battle Against Runrom

Evilized
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
It happend to anybody?
what can i do :\

RCDOWN
11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
If the crash appen after the battle, then i suggest you to read the Bugs Thread.

If the crash appen during the battle, you may want to remove skald unit, it's a already know problem, we're waiting for a patch... :(

Evilized
11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
yes i saw the thread about the skald, but i dont have them, He has them so what can i do :\

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
It's still happening today? The patch was supposed to fix the Last Hero bug, which was what was causing the crashes with Skalds.

Evilized
11-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Can u give me link to the patch pls?

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 09:21 PM
There's no link, Steam should auto-update the game for you.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
@Evilized - If you download the older fix here (sessions\addon subfolder off your main WotN installation) you can install only spells.lua and I think it will fix your problem. So you open up that zip, take out only spells.lua, and put it on your sessions\addon subfolder off your main WotN installation. If it's under steam it will be somewhere like program files, steam, steam apps, common, KB WoTN, sessions, addon.

That should stop your crashes. Then check back in a few days for bug fixes that incorporate anything the patch changed, too.

Evilized
11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, i tried it and it doesnt work, still crash

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 11:41 PM

Bummer. If you want to give it one more try, you can use my mod to change Last_hero to dragon_slayer for the skalds. This means Last_hero won't show up from them so it can't possibly crash.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=475175&postcount=2

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM

Can you say what happens immediately pre-crash? Do the Skalds use their ability at all? Is it before an attack? After?

Evilized
11-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Bummer. If you want to give it one more try, you can use my mod to change Last_hero to dragon_slayer for the skalds. This means Last_hero won't show up from them so it can't possibly crash.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=475175&postcount=2

still doesnt work, and the crash is randomaly

tiberiu
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
still doesnt work, and the crash is randomaly

Try doing something differently. Change the units that you possess, remove an artifact from what you are wearing. Sometimes these kind of tricks work. In HOMM3 somethimes if you did something it would crash to desktop but if you reload and change even a little the events, it would pass through and the next turn you could continue normally. Good luck.

DGDobrev
11-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Steam kinda works independently. If you got your game from a different source, then you should patch it manually, if possible.