PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous quest experience

Karlos
11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
They need to bump up dramatically the exp reward for quests. I takes lengthy going back and forth to heal the talking bear and you get 450 exp. But at that stage of the game you're at least lvl 40, which means you need tens of thousands xp to get to the next lvl. Ridiculous.

Karlos
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh and another one - the experience shrines. I've never seen one that'd give me more than 200 exp and I must be way over half the game.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I am inclined to agree, in particular with the experience shrines. Imo they should be retooled to give you a percentage of the xp you need for the next level. Or maybe they do that now but if so then it's a pathetically low percentage. Either way, they are disappointing.

As for quests, I do the quests for runes and other rewards and never really pay attention to the xp you get. Seems to me XP comes in fine from combat.

sethmage
11-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I have another question, do the altars are constant and give you the same reward at any given time or I remember in Legend the first altar you got to (talking rock) you got different bonus, was it exp. or def+1 if you come in different stage of the game.

marc
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
In the previous games the exp shrines scaled with the island. I think the game was just rushed and they forgot. It's quite funny to get an xp shrine for 48 points when you need 25,000 just to level up.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
In the previous games the exp shrines scaled with the island. I think the game was just rushed and they forgot. It's quite funny to get an xp shrine for 48 points when you need 25,000 just to level up.

Ah. I wonder if this is something that's a bug then. I'll add it to the thread - why not. :)

Fatt_Shade
11-02-2012, 10:32 PM
In previous games exp reward from quest was about 20% of total exp gained in game, i counted all quests in the Legend and it come to about 250K exp, of 1150000 of max exp on 31lvl hero, so even less then 20%.

As for trying to pickup shrines or something like talking stone try to save before and see what happens, then load fight 1 battle and try to pick up shrine again and see if there is some difference.

As for usable items , try to use them in different areas : in the Legend was stinky elixir item that could be used before you trow it in alchemists cauldron (marshan swamp quest) and it give certain amount of ext but different in all areas - 100exp in swamp, and 150 in verlon forest, so try it out ppl.

marc
11-03-2012, 01:19 AM
In previous games exp reward from quest was about 20% of total exp gained in game, i counted all quests in the Legend and it come to about 250K exp, of 1150000 of max exp on 31lvl hero, so even less then 20%.

As for trying to pickup shrines or something like talking stone try to save before and see what happens, then load fight 1 battle and try to pick up shrine again and see if there is some difference.

As for usable items , try to use them in different areas : in the Legend was stinky elixir item that could be used before you trow it in alchemists cauldron (marshan swamp quest) and it give certain amount of ext but different in all areas - 100exp in swamp, and 150 in verlon forest, so try it out ppl.

That's the whole point. Experience shrines never give out more than 200 xp, no matter when you reach them in the game. It's definitely a bug, as any shrine you encounter past the viking area are completely useless.

Highborne
11-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Getting to 70 isn't too tough, I am not even at the end and level 63. Doing the 1 million gold battles gets 3/4 of a level each time without wanderer scroll.

Should hit 70 no issue.

Xargon
11-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I agree about ridiculous quest rewards. Just killed a necromancer, got 2500 exp and 50k gold from the fight, and the quest to kill him rewarded me with 117 exp and 4500 gold or something like that. Why bother to give any rewards at all if they are this miniscule? Rune/crystal/item rewards are an entirely different matter, of course.

1darklord
02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Guys has this been fixed yet? I don't want to replay until it is.

Cheers,

Daniel.

1darklord
06-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Well another 4 months has passed! Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet? Having meaningless quest XP/Shrines etc just spoils it for me. :sad:

Daniel.

Totoro
06-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Not fixed. Just finished the game yesterday. Found it very enjoyable nevertheless.

1darklord
06-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Ah cheers Totoro, it really is odd I much prefer the meaningful XP etc from the first two games.

For now, I've decided to play M&M 7 for the first time instead, it seems fun so far. :)

Daniel.

DennisBergkamp
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes, this still hasn't been fixed... however, some quests will reward you with talent runes, which do make it worth your while.