PDA

View Full Version : Student Belt Recipe = Almost infinite Crystals

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 05:32 AM
There may be others that do this, but the Student Belt Recipe works.

It costs 4 Crystals, 4k gold, and 40 mana to make the student belt.

With Artifactor, you can destroy the student belt and receive 5 crystals. This means:

4k Gold + 40 Mana = 1 Crystal.

Worse yet, but at least in KBAP, the student belt worked if it is in your inventory OR equipped to your character. I'll have to test this, but that may mean you can make a large number of these, and get runes after pretty much every fight!

QNk
11-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Don't recipes only work once?

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Nice. Think we should bug it?

I have one of these and I can confirm it works when equipped. It's only gone off once, but it gives you a nice little pop-up. I was pleasantly surprised and expected no message whatsoever and was memorizing my rune count.

Not sure if it works when unequipped... I'm too hungry for runes to take it off. =)

skycrow
11-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Really?

But the amount of runes of magic and gold is somehow limited by skills

and starting difficulties ,so i think it's not easy to get huge crystals .

And isn't it restricted to certain playstyles ?

Highborne
11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Just an FYI about crafting...when I craft and it says 4k gold, it takes around 4million away from me (have 20mil atm) it is kinda lame and is keeping me from ever crafting anything :)

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Just an FYI about crafting...when I craft and it says 4k gold, it takes around 4million away from me (have 20mil atm) it is kinda lame and is keeping me from ever crafting anything :)

Omg. Post or pre-patch? The 4k recipe certainly deducted the right amount for me. But when I used it it was pre-patch and I had like 260k at the time. If you can identify the exact recipe and costin the bug thread we can list it... after I update it for the patch.

Loopy
11-02-2012, 02:42 PM
How does destroying level 4 and 5 craftable items work? Do they even exist?

If gold is basically unlimited, you can transform gold into crystals through this method, and you can craft level 4 and 5 items to salvage down into runes, then you have infinite runes.

I will test the crafting of multiple belts to see if that alone will provide excess runes.

EDIT: Don't think belts in the inventory have any effect. Crafted twenty of them, didn't get any rune for 3 battles.

Loopy
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Every level 4 recipe costs runes to craft, but they do in fact have the possibility to yield 2 runes when you salvage them. All level 4 recipes costs 16 crystals, 16k gold, 80 mana, and 1 rune, with the exception of Splinter of Darkness which costs one of each rune. So it is theoretically possible to generate infinite runes.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks for testing those unequipped belts. What level artifactor do you need to destroy them, btw?

And good point on infinite runes. Although you don't always get one, right? Still I bet you save money vs. the eventual rune shop (if they put it in this game like they did in KBAP).

I think crafting wasn't so well thought-out. For one thing, the dialog you use to craft is (was? haven't tried since patch) screwy.

Loopy
11-02-2012, 11:05 PM
You want 3rd level artifactor to create/destroy items above level 3, which is when you get runes.

As far as I can tell destroying these items gives an even chance of either 2 might/mind/magic runes or 6 crystals. On average that would mean that for each rune (and 16k and 16 crystals) you spent on an item you would get 1.5 runes and crystals back. Even if it was only a 1:1 ratio, this would be highly useful for converting runes from one type to another. e.g., a mage with an excess of magic runes can convert them into might runes. And of course savescumming, as always, can make sure you get the result you want.

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
savescumming, as always, can make sure you get the result you want.

I'm sorry, what?

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
"savescumming" is the process by which you save before performing an action, and reload if you don't get the result you want. The KB series stores the random number seed in the save file, but all you need to do is cause a random roll to take place, and then you can try your original action again to get the desired outcome.

Zechnophobe
11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
"savescumming" is the process by which you save before performing an action, and reload if you don't get the result you want. The KB series stores the random number seed in the save file, but all you need to do is cause a random roll to take place, and then you can try your original action again to get the desired outcome.

Never heard the term before, but I know the process.

I hadn't parsed savescumming as save scumming. I thought save was plural.

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
lol

Yes, that would definitely change the definition. ;)

Loopy
11-03-2012, 12:22 AM
I loled.

namad
11-03-2012, 12:41 AM
even in AP though you could just buy every single item you saw and use destructor ability and get a ton of crystals?

plus yeah... isn't the recipe one time use anyways?

Loopy
11-03-2012, 01:07 AM
AP let you get a lot of crystals/runes. WotN lets you get infinite crystals/runes. There's quite a difference.

Recipes can be used multiple times.

tiberiu
11-03-2012, 07:34 AM
AP let you get a lot of crystals/runes. WotN lets you get infinite crystals/runes. There's quite a difference.

Recipes can be used multiple times.

Infinite runes and crystals? Damn, that's even more stupid then beating 1000 polar bears with 1 royal snake dude. -.- . And some people bash me hard for saying the game heavily needs fixing and balancing.

amokay
11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Every level 4 recipe costs runes to craft, but they do in fact have the possibility to yield 2 runes when you salvage them. All level 4 recipes costs 16 crystals, 16k gold, 80 mana, and 1 rune, with the exception of Splinter of Darkness which costs one of each rune. So it is theoretically possible to generate infinite runes.

Yes but there is a recipe for Silver Rapier a level two item that costs 4k gold 40 mana and 4 crystals and you can upgrade this item to the Ray of Light a level 4 item and so infinite runes without having to spent any runes at all, now if only I could find the student belt recipe cause I'm fresh out of crystals.

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes but there is a recipe for Silver Rapier a level two item that costs 4k gold 40 mana and 4 crystals and you can upgrade this item to the Ray of Light a level 4 item and so infinite runes without having to spent any runes at all, now if only I could find the student belt recipe cause I'm fresh out of crystals.

Oh man, that's even better. Upgradable items means not only do you get infinite runes/crystals, but you get infinite experience too.

Heck, if the money you get from the fight against the keepers is more than 4k, or if you can sell the level 4 item for more than 8k, you actually can repeat the process indefinitely, since that makes up you lost gold!

That's completely insane.

amokay
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Ray of Light is 12,5 k to sell.

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Ray of Light is 12,5 k to sell

So just sell every third, and break the first and second. You make 500 gold on the transaction, plus whatever runes/crystals you get from two breakings, + whatever you gain in the keeper fight. With bloodthirst you can also always use Christa's gold during the fight to gain additional money.

Yeah, this wasn't thought out... heh.

Edit: Oh, and with the right combo of units/skill, you can easily gain back the 40 mana while fighting the keepers, meaning you don't even have to wait around for your mana to replenish. Score!

amokay
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Now I have to figure out how to get better gold from Christa, it kinda varies wildly from 400 to 8k+ and for the moment I'm anyway using the fights to get the no rage achievement
There's usually a shooter unit witch I dwindle down to just a few and with level 3 concentration it's just defend defend,defend till the 10th turn

Loopy
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Score!

Not sure if you meant this, but literally: SCORE! Infinite keeper fights without needing to spend game time in between them means that high-score games now can get all the XP they want. So to recap:

Infinite Gold
Infinite Crystals
Infinite Runes
Infinite XP
Zero (game) time spent.

amokay
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Not sure if you meant this, but literally: SCORE! Infinite keeper fights without needing to spend game time in between them means that high-score games now can get all the XP they want. So to recap:

Infinite Gold
Infinite Crystals
Infinite Runes
Infinite XP
Zero (game) time spent.

Game mechanics like these kinda make cheats obsolete.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Well, that's assuming you've got lots of spare time. Frankly, if I wanted lots of runes/gold/crystals/whatever, and I don't mind cheating, I'm still going to fire up Cheat Engine because it's a heck of a lot faster.

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, that's assuming you've got lots of spare time. Frankly, if I wanted lots of runes/gold/crystals/whatever, and I don't mind cheating, I'm still going to fire up Cheat Engine because it's a heck of a lot faster.

True that. As much as this combo is amusing, I can't imagine taking the time to do it hehe.

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 11:33 PM
I am actually a little surprised that recipes aren't one-use items. It makes sense that you could write them down though, and it's too bad you can't add them to your book. The second crafting dialog says "Add the magic recipe." I thought it would put it into a new recipes section of my spellbook, but that's apparently KB-speak for "close the menu." :)

Xargon
11-06-2012, 08:36 AM
I already imagined that the upgradeable, craftable Silver Rapier (which I got early in my current game) would be broken; nice to see it spelled out... but of course, taking the (real-life) time to abuse this exploit seems rather silly, and it is probably a lot more satisfying to earn the various achievements one can get elsewhere. I can't imagine that it will feel like an accomplishment this way...

Still, yet another example of a game mechanic that was poorly executed and/or poorly tested. Maybe making recipes disappear after one (or a few) uses would be a natural solution, even if it doesn't really make sense.
edit: Right, I completely missed that this was mentioned right above this post. Shame on me.

Handel
11-12-2012, 02:54 AM
You want 3rd level artifactor to create/destroy items above level 3, which is when you get runes.

As far as I can tell destroying these items gives an even chance of either 2 might/mind/magic runes or 6 crystals. On average that would mean that for each rune (and 16k and 16 crystals) you spent on an item you would get 1.5 runes and crystals back. Even if it was only a 1:1 ratio, this would be highly useful for converting runes from one type to another. e.g., a mage with an excess of magic runes can convert them into might runes.

Sorry to bump this old topic but if you have even chance for 2 runes OR 6 crystals then you get need 2 crafts to get in average 2 runes + 6 crystals. But for 2 crafts of lvl 3 items you need 2x(16 crystals+1rune)=32 crystals+2runes.
How then the ratio becomes 1:1.5 (1.5 runes income for each 1 runes used for craft)?

Loopy
11-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Sorry to bump this old topic but if you have even chance for 2 runes OR 6 crystals then you get need 2 crafts to get in average 2 runes + 6 crystals. But for 2 crafts of lvl 3 items you need 2x(16 crystals+1rune)=32 crystals+2runes.
How then the ratio becomes 1:1.5 (1.5 runes income for each 1 runes used for craft)?

I believe it's an even chance for 2 Might runes or 2 Mind runes or 2 Magic runes or 2 crystals. Haven't tested thoroughly though.

namad
11-12-2012, 04:27 AM
one thing about all these sploits is that i think most games only spawn a handful of recipes across the whole game, so... it's quite possible that these broken recipes just won't appear in a given persons game at all? right?

what i really hate is that i spent mana crystals and runes to create a powerful item that... ONLY BENEFITS UNDEAD TROOPS WHICH CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN THE GAME!! what? what? that doesn't even require players to be jerks and exploit mechanics to be insane, that's just flat out insane to take my random powerful reward and make it... utterly useless, but not let me know it's useless until AFTER I pay for it TWICE!

maybe recipes should show you the stats of the item you're making? and also COST MORE so they don't generate infinite anything?