PDA

View Full Version : New Players Tips and Problems

Zephiroth
11-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I just started this game and never played the others. I never play games on default difficulty, always one step higher. Hard mode. I've been playing my warrior class Viking, but may have messed him up, I wanted him to be good physical damager, but I put some points into his magic for some options. Is that safe at higher difficuties? Should I be focusing on Melee or Might tree intead of the others, like the Magic tree? I don't wanna start over with him, got about 7 hours in. Should I start over, can I make it through the game in one piece?

Razorflame
11-01-2012, 05:39 PM
sure u can :)

it's obivous you don't play a no loss run so on any difficulty it should be doable with losses IMHO

Bhruic
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
There really is no one "right" answer. The best idea is to put your runes into skills that compliment your playstyle. If you like to cast spells, then put points into spell casting. If you prefer to do the brute force approach, put them into melee. You're not likely to go wrong with most choices that you make. Just keep in mind that if you go with spells, that you'll want to improve the spell schools for the spells you cast the most.

tiberiu
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I just started this game and never played the others. Hard mode. I've been playing my warrior class Viking, but may have messed him up, I wanted him to be good physical damager, but I put some points into his magic for some options. Is that safe at higher difficuties? Should I be focusing on Melee or Might tree intead of the others, like the Magic tree? I don't wanna start over with him, got about 7 hours in. Should I start over, can I make it through the game in one piece?

I suggest for spells go for Distortion magic to lvl 3 and use Stone Skin, Magic Spring, Trap if you find, Slow, and any other useful spell in this school. Don't waste runes on other magic type, this one is by far the best.

In the Green Tree, get Learning to lvl 3 for extra experience if you want to get to the highest lvl with your hero.

The rest focus on Might Tree.

Not start over, life is short 7 hours is 10% of the game. Have fun!

torquemada
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Each class benefits with a little magic knowledge, trap, slow, haste, dispel for example are very good even at basic level so yeah I'd recommend investing a little in magic

Pilnystudent
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
As warrior just avoid chaos magic. But care about what spells you want to learn. If you spend your crystals on wrong spells it could be way worse.